Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Arenas Announces next 50 point Victim

Yep, it's portland Nate Mcmillian

Quote:
For the record, Washington Wizards point guard Gilbert Arenas doesn't count Tuesday's game against the Phoenix Suns as the Part II of the Vendetta Tour.

"No, I already did what I said I was going to do to them," Arenas said. "The next team is Portland. One down, one to go."

Arenas dropped 54 points on the Suns in an overtime victory at Phoenix last month, his way of unleashing his frustrations against anyone who might have had anything to do with his not making the U.S. team for last summer's world championships. Suns coach Mike D'Antoni and Portland coach Nate McMillan were assistants on that team, which was led by Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.

In fact, Arenas, who has scored 50-plus three times this season, wrote on his nba.com blog that the Portland game will be 50-point game No. 4.

"The most important game is on Feb. 11," Arenas wrote. "Well, it's not the most important, but that's the game I'm going to say is my next 50-pointer. ... Tune in. I think ESPN or TNT needs to pick that game up."

After hearing all this, D'Antoni did the only thing he could -- he cracked an Arenas-worthy joke.

"I can't wait to see what he does against Duke," D'Antoni said. "He's gonna KILL Duke."

So, with the revenge angle out of the way, all that's left for Tuesday is a matchup between two MVP candidates -- Phoenix's Steve Nash and Arenas -- in a game between featuring the two highest scoring teams in the league, both in contention for a No. 1 conference seed.

And there's one more thing. The Suns have won 13 straight. They also had a 15-game streak earlier this season. Guess who ended it?

That's right. The Wizards.

"I'm not even going to address that," Wizards forward Caron Butler said. "Because I don't want to jinx us."

The Wizards are on a run of their own, a 10-game home winning streak, the longest since the Verizon Center opened in 1997. The home fans have recently been serenading Arenas with chants of "M-V-P," but Arenas has consistently said that Nash is the deserving front-runner.

"He's leading, and that's it. If it ended today, he's MVP. Period," Arenas said. "When you're playing that well as a team, you going to always be a candidate. He has a great supporting cast. They're on a streak again. When you go on streaks like that, it's hard to knock him from being MVP."

The Suns don't seem upset by memories of the 54-point game, or by any of Arenas' antics. Like everyone else, they realize it's just Arenas being Arenas.

"He doesn't do anything that's necessarily disrespectful," Nash said. "I think he plays the game with a great spirit and he certainly is his own person. I think everyone commends the great season he's having."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2739309
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Lakers
Decent playground baller

Lakers has an OK reputation so far

He asking to get hurt.

Inadvertently of course.

Brag about dropping personal accomplishments on another team at your own peril.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

This could get interesting.

ISH needs to have a countdown clock until game day.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Lakers
Decent playground baller

Lakers has an OK reputation so far

IMO this smacks clearly of his over-compensation about being a 2nd rounder.You just don't see this type of talk by 25+ year old NBA veteran stars done.

To brag about what your team is going to do to another team or about the stand alone topic of how talented you are are common things we see in pro bball. To brag about what YOU are going to do to another team without even mentioning winning or losing is completely another. Arenas used to seem like a smart guy to me, but it looks like my initial impression was wrong about him.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:42 PM   #5
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

*sigh*

Gilbert... shut up and play basketball..

you can have your 50 but if you put up 30+ FGA with poor shooting and we lose to the BLAZERS I am gonna have your HEAD.

Quote:
"I can't wait to see what he does against Duke," D'Antoni said. "He's gonna KILL Duke."
nice one.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

nugsfreak has an OK reputation so far

his head is so big it must be ready to explode, I just hope it gets back to nornal size soon as he could be asking for trouble. I am pretty sure teams will start to put X's on his back if he keeps up his big mouth.
nugsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Blazers are a cold hearted band of outcasts with troubled minds and nothing to lose. He shouldn't talk trash to them because they WILL take him out lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Question

If Gil scores 50 and wizards still lose, will he still brag?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

This is what I love to see. Gilbert's awesome, I've got no other words him. Announcing that you're going to drop 50 on someone AHEAD of time? Huge balls. I was already a fan, but he's turning it up another level. Now if they could just change those hideous uniforms...
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #10
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Question

If Gil scores 50 and wizards still lose, will he still brag?

No way. He may talk like he's nuts, but I think he actually knows what's up when you really get down to it.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #11
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

hes so weird now, im kinda losing respect
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He is so crazy I'm starting to like him.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #13
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Gil is officialy one of the cockiest players in the league. He better not keep on talking or some people will purposley try and take him out.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #14
Mahmoud
Decent playground baller

Mahmoud has an OK reputation so far

He sounds like a big baby. "Boo-Hoo, they didn't pick me for the Olympic Team." Get over it. I mean, STFU and play. This act will get tired real quick and the people who are cheering him now will begin to boo him as he starts to descend into Kobe-world. Notice that he doesn't have the balls to make that kind of guarantee when he's going up against Bowen, or another guy who might take him out.
Mahmoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
billybadass
I hit open 5-footers

billybadass has not been impressing people

many ppl here could drop 50 on portland
billybadass is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: