Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2007, 03:58 AM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jackie Chan "Drunken Master 2"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaAvNHWjInM

Jackie Chan is really a bad ass probably the successor to Master Bruce Lee.

One of the best martial arts fight scene that i have ever seen.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:00 AM   #2
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board
Default Re: Jackie Chan "Drunken Master 2"

I have been a Jackie Chan fan since I was a little kid but he isn't close to Bruce Lee as far as martial arts IMO.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
I have been a Jackie Chan fan since I was a little kid but he isn't close to Bruce Lee as far as martial arts IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKAeyUS91I8

One of the best Bruce Lee Tribute ever Jackie Chan might not be as original as Bruce Lee but he take over in the Martial Art Cinema since Lee died in 1973. Chan combine Martial Arts with his comedic skills and that produce many great movies in his resume.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:15 AM   #4
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

One of the great things about Jackie Chan movies is the comedy part.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:00 AM   #5
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Fuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat cool

Jackie Chan wasn't as good a fighter as Bruce, but I don't think that's the argument. His movie fights are better imo - they're so fast, intricate, funny, and so extremely well-choreographed.

Bruce's fights were awesome, it's something else entirely to marvel at the sheer speed, strength and technique of the man. Jackie can't match what he did, but he found a way to step up the entertainment in another way entirely. Injecting physical comedy, slapstick almost, into the combat, and his use of props and environment in the fights is incredible. I could watch Jackie Chan fights for hours on end.

Edit:

Police Story 2 playground fight http://youtube.com/watch?v=AaQGvKjUycI

Police Story mall fight http://youtube.com/watch?v=DvWNIIEovvU

Wheels on Meals, Benny Urquidez fight http://youtube.com/watch?v=zhXwPQU1iNo

Project A, bar brawl fight http://youtube.com/watch?v=K8ks49ybos8

Last edited by Fuhqueue : 08-20-2007 at 05:23 AM.
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKAeyUS91I8

One of the best Bruce Lee Tribute ever Jackie Chan might not be as original as Bruce Lee but he take over in the Martial Art Cinema since Lee died in 1973. Chan combine Martial Arts with his comedic skills and that produce many great movies in his resume.

yeah, that's chan's niche. did u know that he makes a cameo appearance in Enter the Dragon? he is briefly shown on screen as a bad guy in a scene where Lee is sneaking into the complex and chan gets hit w/ a nunchuk or something in the head. i think that he really did get hit too.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #7
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Fuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat cool

Yeah, Jackie was in Enter The Dragon. Twice, actually. He was just starting out in Hong Kong cinema, paying his dues as a stuntman at the time. In his first appearance he grabs Bruce and gets his neck snapped, in the second he gets smacked in the face with a nunchuck. It wasn't meant to connect, but Bruce had mistimed it, and actually clocked him full-force with it. Jackie managed to bear the pain, and remain "dead" on the floor until the cameras stopped rolling.

He was in Fist of Fury as well, he was the stunt double for Mr Suzuki when Bruce kicks him off a ledge, 15 feet onto concrete.
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #8
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember in a dcoumentary that 成龍 was a top pupil when he was learning martial arts (they tend to learn at a very early age, around 4-6) and that at first he did serious fights but then comedy was found to be an alley that was unexplored in Hong kong, and he combined that with martial arts. Even though he's aging (53 years old) he can kick everybyody ass on ISH and probably most NBA players as well.
brantonli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #9
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Two of my favorites from Jackie:

The final fight scene of Drunken Master 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEPH7VJlLSU

Final fight scene from Who Am I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgjU...elated&search=
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote