Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default NBA Rookie of the Year Rankings

Discuss. Tell me what you agree with, disagree with, and why:

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-rookies.shtml
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA Rookie of the Year Rankings

You should mention Juan Carlos Navarro somewhere, he's got the experience and skill to deserve it.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
You should mention Juan Carlos Navarro somewhere, he's got the experience and skill to deserve it.

OK thanks. Adding a short note about him at the bottom.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000

OK, added it.

The Grizzlies are clearly hoping Mike Conley becomes a star point guard though, so you agree with me that Juan Carlos is probably going to be used as a reserve behind him and behind Mike Miller at SG, right?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #5
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Pretty decent, I'd knock julian wright below guys like noah and thornton. He was horrible in summer league and is behind mopete on the roster now. His ball handling won't cut it in the NBA and his shooting is too poor.

The other wright, B.Wright(probably stands for bust) will get his ass Patrick O'Bryant'd by don nelson. If you're going to put him in the rankings, there's no reason to leave out belinelli who is more nba ready.

Don't sleep on big baby, he'll be getting the lions share of minutes at C with kendrick perkins. Disregard his body, the guy knows how to ball, has veteran savvy which should fit in with the big 3.

Last edited by kumquat : 08-20-2007 at 09:20 AM.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Noah shouldn't even be on the list. He's gonna basically be a hustle guy. No way you get ROY for that. Belinelli should get some respect. With J-Rich out, someone needs to fill that scoring hole. It's gonna be him.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I agree that Bellinelli should be higher since the Warriors traded away Jason Richardson. Put him in front of Jason Smith.

I think Thornton should be moved up to somewhere around #8 since Brand is down probably until after the AS break. Their front court is so thin right now, I think there is very little chance that Thornton doesn't get at least 25mpg this year.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No love for Luis Scola (2 time MVP, gold medalist in olympics, second in scoring in Spanish league)?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
No love for Luis Scola (2 time MVP, gold medalist in olympics, second in scoring in Spanish league)?
He's also playing on the Spurs. Good luck getting minutes there.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #10
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
He's also playing on the Spurs. Good luck getting minutes there.

Really? I'm under the impression he's on the Rockets for some reason.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #11
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
But will there be enough shots for him since Ming, McGrady and Francis are also on the team? I don't know the answer to that, but he should at least get an honorable mention.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
insidehoops
Administrator

Quote:

Oh yeah. Added him as the first name on the 'notes' area. He should probably go higher. Probably move him up later. At least he's on there now.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #13
jerky10
Decent playground baller

jerky10 has not been impressing people

Corey Brewer should'nt be on the list.. Minni got lots of wing players. I don't think he'll get many minutes if he's sharing w/ Green, Gomes, McCants, Jaric, and Hassel. Swap him with Al Thornton. With Elton Brand out, he'll sure get more minutes. Belinelli and Crittenton should be in the top 14.
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

Updated a few things

Keep the feedback coming. If I disagree with you, I change nothing. If you state good reasons that I agree with, I make the change.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #15
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

with the brand injury i'd move al thorton up to #7, he's athletic and at this point can score as well if not better than everyone on that list not named durant. I could see him getting some time at the 4.

grizzlies still have damon and lowry, conley will get less playing time than harford.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: