Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
ndPac
Serious playground baller

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Photoshop question. . .

ive been trying to create some stuff, like cutting an image and pasting in onto another or on a background so i create one image. . .

after i edit one image, i try and use the "magic extractor" and follow the steps, but when i get the image how i want it, the next step is to choose "copy" from the edit tab, but for some reason the copy option is faded out and it wont let me copy anything at all, so i dont know how to get the image onto another image. . .sorry if its a dumb question i just got the program and dont really have any idea on how to do stuff but if someone can let me know ide appreicate it.
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Photoshop question. . .

Are you sure you have the proper layer selected in the Layer pane? If the layer isn't selected, even if you have a transform selection on the canvas, the Copy option will be faded out.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
ndPac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Are you sure you have the proper layer selected in the Layer pane? If the layer isn't selected, even if you have a transform selection on the canvas, the Copy option will be faded out.

Hmm. . i dont even really understand what that means. . haha sorry for sounding so dumb but i really have no clue about just about anything in this prog. .i just went into the layer section and didnt know what to choose, messed around with a few things and still couldnt access the copy part. . .on the right bottom though i chose "copy layer style" and then i tried to paste it on the background. . . but all it did was put the backgound completely over the image and now i cant see the image at all. when i slide it around it will just move under the background but i cant get it on top. . .and not even sure if im using the right part because i didnt use the tabs at the top for any of that, just the bottom right stuff.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndPac
Hmm. . i dont even really understand what that means. . haha sorry for sounding so dumb but i really have no clue about just about anything in this prog. .i just went into the layer section and didnt know what to choose, messed around with a few things and still couldnt access the copy part. . .on the right bottom though i chose "copy layer style" and then i tried to paste it on the background. . . but all it did was put the backgound completely over the image and now i cant see the image at all. when i slide it around it will just move under the background but i cant get it on top. . .and not even sure if im using the right part because i didnt use the tabs at the top for any of that, just the bottom right stuff.
if you don't know what a layer is then you have no business using photoshop
Old 08-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
ndPac

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
if you don't know what a layer is then you have no business using photoshop

Umm. . .thanks for the help. . ya, i know what a layer is, i just previously didnt use that tab at all when i was trying to do something because like i said i havent used it before. . glad you can come give some helpful adivce though
Old 08-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndPac
Umm. . .thanks for the help. . ya, i know what a layer is, i just previously didnt use that tab at all when i was trying to do something because like i said i havent used it before. . glad you can come give some helpful adivce though
wasn't trying to be a dick, it is just that using layers is he most basic of photoshop tools...if you don't know about them then you have some learning to do.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: