Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far
Default "liberal"

i think its funny how people use this word to demean someone else, as if its a bad thing....i think people should understand the true sense of what it means to be liberal, and not the definition that hannity o'reilly provide to thier viewers....so ive provided a link below, please read....

JFK states it beautifully...
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...fk-liberal.png
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "liberal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeman222
i think its funny how people use this word to demean someone else, as if its a bad thing, and not the definition that hannity o'reilly provide to thier viewers....i think people should understand the true sense of what it means to be liberal....so ive provided a link below, please read....

JFK states it beautifully...
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...fk-liberal.png

I hate how everything has to be considered Left or Right.
If you want to pull out of Iraq your a leftist... If you support the war your a
Right winger. What ever happened to thinking for yourself?

I'm a F'ing individual... I guess an independent. But I've been called
a Liberal here of late because I think 9-11 was an inside job?
Ron Paul is Republican... I'd vote for him. He's a Republican that wants out of Iraq.

As for JFK: He really looked ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlghYpDx0f4
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas

Ron Paul is Republican... I'd vote for him. He's a Republican that wants out of Iraq.

im anti iraq war and pro gay rights....that alone has pegged me a liberal...but i dont mind it, ive begun to embrace it....

as far a 9-11 goes, im not so quick to say its an "inside job", i guess i still hold up some hope for our country....i will say though that 9-11 was definately used to promote the war in Iraq by the use of scare tactics...no doubt...but to go so far as to say that it was an "inside job", thats goes too far IMO.....
Old 08-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas

is that supposed to be sarcastic?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
is that supposed to be sarcastic?

What do you think?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
Out Of Shape
Banned

Out Of Shape has an OK reputation so far

It's funny, you call a liberal, especially politicians, the "L word" and most of them wince. You call a right winger a "conservative" and most will square up and say damn straight.
Out Of Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

political talk radio rots your brain. its no substitute for actual human companionship.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #8
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
im anti iraq war and pro gay rights....that alone has pegged me a liberal...but i dont mind it, ive begun to embrace it....

I'm pro gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, etc. and I support the illegal aliens from Mexico and their amnesty. I am also labeled a liberal constantly but I actually resent it, I hate being lumped together into a group of people that I share a few ideals with.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #9
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I'm pro gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, etc. and I support the illegal aliens from Mexico and their amnesty.

Quote:
I am also labeled a liberal constantly but I actually resent it, I hate being lumped together into a group of people that I share a few ideals with.
that is more than a few...

We also know you hate Texans...that doesn't help your cause

I love all states and all of our citizens....i don't split us up into groups like you do...

by the way a amazingly large percentage of our troops are Texans...but who cares about them right?
Old 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #10
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-

We also know you hate Texans...that doesn't help your cause

I love all states and all of our citizens....i don't split us up into groups like you do...

by the way a amazingly large percentage of our troops are Texans...but who cares about them right?

Yeah, because my Texas comment was serious...I have an aunt and baby cousin who live in Brownsville. Take a joke.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

classic liberalism is the foundation of this country and modern democracy (therefore, a key pillar of the modern economy as well).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #12
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

Quote:

i care about the troops....although im against the iraq war, it is the administration i disagree with, not the troops....so please dont peg "liberals" as being "anti-troop", becasue thats just false and a lie....

i also support the right for gays to be treated as equal citizens, for women to have the right to choose, for scientists to research possible cures by use of stems-cells that will eventually be thrown away....these are just a few of my "wacky liberal" ideas....
Old 08-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #13
-primetime-

Quote:
Yeah, because my Texas comment was serious...I have an aunt and baby cousin who live in Brownsville. Take a joke.
you hate everyone in Texas....including any family you have

and you would love it if the whole state was washed away by the hurricane...

Take a joke
Old 08-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #14
Randy

Quote:
you hate everyone in Texas....including any family you have

and you would love it if the whole state was washed away by the hurricane...

Take a joke

I only hate Hawker.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #15
-primetime-

Quote:
i care about the troops....although im against the iraq war, it is the administration i disagree with, not the troops....so please dont peg "liberals" as being "anti-troop", becasue thats just false and a lie....
I pegged it on the "who cares about Texas guy...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: