Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #16
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Re: "liberal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I only hate Hawker.

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:22 AM   #17
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
i think its funny how people use this word to demean someone else

I would say people try to use it to demean someone however it is not used or as effective as calling someone a "conservative" to deamean them as backward, are Knuckle Dragging Neanderthal, ect.
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #18
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I consider myself liberal for the most part. I am pro gay rights and gay marriage. I also support the womans right to choose on the issue of abortion. I am for stem cell research as well. It might be able to cure some illnesses. I also believe that the U.S. should never fight another war unless, there is an Adolf Hitler maniac threatening world civilization. I have read books that combat veterans have written about their experiences, and some of their stories are horrific. I also know people who have been damaged both physically and mentally due to war. I am a supporter of stricter gun laws as well. I do not mean to start any political fights with anybody. That is just my 2 cents on this topic.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 AM   #19
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I'm probably slightly left of Ralph Nader or something. The term for "liberal" seems to be "progressive" nowadays.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #20
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
and I support the illegal aliens from Mexico and their amnesty.

You support illegal immigration? Why? Also, since you support gay marriage do you support polygamists getting married? What about a brother and sister getting married?
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #21
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Babies are born liberal.

They have to be taught to be conservative.

God > Humans.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #22
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
Babies are born liberal.

They have to be taught to be conservative.

God > Humans.
It's true. I was at the hostipal the other day (volunteering to relieve women of clinical hysteria through deep-tissue pelvic massage), and I noticed that in the maternity ward, a lot of new-born babies were sodomizing each other and smoking pot, all while defacing American flags with their feces. It was a bizarre sight, but I guess it proves that the old saying is true: all babies are born liberals.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #23
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
It's true. I was at the hostipal the other day (volunteering to relieve women of clinical hysteria through deep-tissue pelvic massage), and I noticed that in the maternity ward, a lot of new-born babies were sodomizing each other and smoking pot, all while defacing American flags with their feces. It was a bizarre sight, but I guess it proves that the old saying is true: all babies are born liberals.

That's awesome.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #24
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

"This would be a lot easier if this were a dictatorship, just so long if I'm the dictator."

-George W. Bush
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #25
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo

A classic.
One for your files lump taker.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #26
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
You support illegal immigration? Why? Also, since you support gay marriage do you support polygamists getting married? What about a brother and sister getting married?
I support Polygyny but not polyandry. What about bi-lateral cross cousin marriages? Or fraternal polyandry. Incest is a whole seperate issue. One man one woman is bs and is not the way many (perhaps even most) cultures organized marriage structure until exposed to the christian virus. If we are going by the historical role of marriage (so often used by christians against same sex marriage by refering to the bible- which has polygynists by the way) then men are only in a monogamous marriage when then don't have the money or power to maintain more than one wife.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #27
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I support Polygyny but not polyandry. What about bi-lateral cross cousin marriages? Or fraternal polyandry. Incest is a whole seperate issue. One man one woman is bs and is not the way many (perhaps even most) cultures organized marriage structure until exposed to the christian virus. If we are going by the historical role of marriage (so often used by christians against same sex marriage by refering to the bible- which has polygynists by the way) then men are only in a monogamous marriage when then don't have the money or power to maintain more than one wife.

Christian Virus?

Polygamy is just wrong...

But being single and free isn't...

Do you understand that the muslim culture embraces polygamy... and as a result, only the rich and wealthy have the majority of the women.
Many muslims are pissed because finding a wife is harder than you'de think. Now imagine American laws allowing polygamy...

There would be men abussing this and have like 5,000 wives.
Any multi-millionair would have like 40 kids. Not a good vision
in my book.

And by the way... when you have a son, and he brings home his new boyfriend named Billy.... Are you gonna just say "Pleased to meet you?".

Same sex Marriges should never be recognized in this country if we continue to take an oath on the Bible... or if our President is sworn into office with his hand on the Bible. I don't think children should grow up in an enviornment thinking homosexuality is perfectly fine and not a sin.

My opinion... that's all.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #28
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

People need to drop this Left/Right stuff...

We are all americans and the votes we cast should be based on whats good for the country as a whole...side issues like gay marriage and abortion are put there specifically to divide you..

Since when did we need to be on a side? I thought we were all on the same sidea and any principle we stand on should be an american principle.. not a republican principle or a liberal principle....

its silly to watch people divide themselves like this nonsense we got going here...

Make no mistake democrats and republicans are more similar than they are different...When they get done arguing with each other and pontificating over the war, they go out and eat together (or go to bohemian grove and worship the devil together)... they are two sides of one coin..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #29
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Christian Virus?

Same sex Marriges should never be recognized in this country if we continue to take an oath on the Bible... or if our President is sworn into office with his hand on the Bible. I don't think children should grow up in an enviornment thinking homosexuality is perfectly fine and not a sin.

My opinion... that's all.

Homosexuality is perfectly fine. Sins are a work of fiction, they do not exist.

The bible also says to kill all those who work on the sabbath, so either the Christians got a lot o' murdering to do, or they need to keep their bigotry and oppression amongst themselves and out of politics.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

The left-right political spectrum is a hoax created by the mainstream media. The real political spectrum has four directions, not two. Don't expect to hear that on Fox News though (they ignore third parties even exist).
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: