Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default The Warriors underachieved

i definitely thought yall was goin to the playoffs. i thought yall was goin to carry over the success at the end of the 05 season. im not sleepin on next season but other teams in the west got better its goin to be hard. baron davis is as good as any point gaurd in the league but the problem with him is injuries. if he plays all 82 games or close to it with jrich and others they can be dangerous next season.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

dude... they had a great start... whta happened???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
Nygher
Banned

Golden State is dope. Baron Davis is dope. J. Rich is dope. Troy is dope. The Majority of their bench is dope. If they don't make the play-offs next season (not the upcomming season because J. Rich needs surgery) then I'd think there will be a coaching change.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
9spurs
Serious playground baller

They really need a coaching change.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
StillWaiting
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Make the Playoffs!?

Last year they were 17-14 before Davis started to go down with injuries. He missed the next 30 out of 50 games and that was the end of the season. It was like taking Nash away from Phoenix. Davis stays healthy with JRich and playoffs....maybe!

Still, this team does not shoot well. Even if Nellie exploits matchups and gets the big men away from the basket, what will it matter if they can not hit open looks. Davis and Richardson probably have the shots, but just look at Dunleavy and Murphy's numbers. They are not pretty.

Mullin made a mistake by resigning Foyal and Dunleavy and Murphy went soft on the boards. They need him to make the interior rebound but the guys picks up the long boards. They needed him to body up. Dunleavy can handle the rock, but has not lived up to his college shot.

Those three guys have to improve this season or they are gone. Maybe they should be anyway so that the Warriors can find more athletic players through free agency or the draft who are better shootters.
StillWaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
9spurs
Serious playground baller

Now that they fixed up one of their biggest problems (coach) I could see this team as an 8 seeded team now that they have Nelly as their coach.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: