Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 08-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Conroy Waived

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers today waived guard Will Conroy.

In four games played for Los Angeles last season, Conroy averaged 2.0 assists in 8.8 minutes per game. Conroy also tallied 3.0 points and 3.6 assists in five games played for the Clippers’ entry in the 2007 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.
http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/con...ed_070820.html

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/15001/180/item

Quote:
Virtus Bologna finally found its starting point guard. The famed Euroleague returnees will put the ball in the hands of Will Conroy, who will be playing overseas for the first time. Conroy (187, 24) finished last campaign playing for the Los Angeles Clippers in the NBA. Earlier in the season, he led the NBDL in assists with 10.6 per game playing for the Tulsa 66ers. He added 15.1 points per game on 34% three-point shooting.

That leaves us with 14 under contract, I still think we'll appeal to the league and get a 16th roster spot.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Conroy Waived

What is going on with Korolev and according to the blog on the Clippers website, we should be signing Jordan for at least training camp. I do not think we can get relief due to the fact our injured players have a return date proir to the end of the season but you never know what can happen because we have two key components out. If we get roster relief would it include relief from the luxary tax threshold? We are very close to maxing out.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
What is going on with Korolev and according to the blog on the Clippers website, we should be signing Jordan for at least training camp. I do not think we can get relief due to the fact our injured players have a return date proir to the end of the season but you never know what can happen because we have two key components out. If we get roster relief would it include relief from the luxary tax threshold? We are very close to maxing out.

As far as Korolev goes, I just read another report today suggesting that Korolev and the Clippers atill have an agreement and that Korolev just has yet to sign the contract, but it didn't say as to why it is taking so long and why it hit snags.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I hope Korolev does sign with us. With Brand out and Maggette's history of injuries, I think Korolev will finally get pt this season
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
I hope Korolev does sign with us. With Brand out and Maggette's history of injuries, I think Korolev will finally get pt this season

I still think this kid can be good. He's tall, he's athletic, he can shoot, he's a pretty decent dribbler, he has potential to be a good rebounder, etc. We just need him to get some playing time and not freak out everytime he messes up. Let the kid develop.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: