Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default History Channel,... 9-11 Conspiracies: Fact or Fiction

It just aired and I missed it, but it will replay at midnight (central time).

The Loose Change Boys seem to be the face of the conspiracy.

Let me make this clear,... they don't represent my views.

I believe in an inside job,... just not the way they said it happened.

Also it must be a serious topic, and not so crazy if the History Channel is
gonna broadcast this stuff.... And Popular Mechanics is gonna write about it.

I'm sure the show will make believers of an inside job look crazy.

Let me say this: This show won't cover 5% of the mysteries about 9-11.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: History Channel,... 9-11 Conspiracies: Fact or Fiction

I guess I'm the only one watching this on the History Channel...

It's good stuff.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:26 AM   #3
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i guess i missed it... it probably was interesting
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #4
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I saw parts of it. It was interesting from what I saw.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I saw parts of it as well. I like how they let the conspiracy theorists give their point of view, and then the non-conspiracy theorists gave their reasoning. It was interesting.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
I saw parts of it as well. I like how they let the conspiracy theorists give their point of view, and then the non-conspiracy theorists gave their reasoning. It was interesting.

Yep... And there was no answer for building 7. The non-conspiracy
peolple had to make up thier own THEORIES as to why building 7 fell.

It was a good show,... and I love how they touched up on Freemasons and the New World Order.

Fact of the matter is they didn't even cover most of the questions I have.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They covered building 7.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Didn't sound very balanced to some people
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #9
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

So did you answer the yes or no thread?

Inside job... Yes or no?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #10
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
so now the documentary about conspiracys is a conspiracy....lmao

conspiracy theorists never quit
Old 08-22-2007, 01:45 AM   #11
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
so now the documentary about conspiracys is a conspiracy....lmao

conspiracy theorists never quit

Well... this is the first T.V. show that I have seen that finally sheds some light to the public about 9-11 conspiracies.

And as a person that believes in a inside job... I was satisfied.

The show did me the favor of mentioning the Freemasons.

and the New World Order.

But at the same time they left out about 99% of my argument
that I will never again go into detail about again.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #12
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

9/11 TRUTHERS GUT PUNCHED BY HISTORY CHANNEL
CATEGORY: Moonbats, History, Science
In what will surely be seen as a defining moment for the 9/11 truther movement, the History Channel has delivered a blow for sanity and rationalism by airing a superior documentary entitled 9/11 Conspiracies: Fact or Fiction.

There’s no other way to say it; the truthers got reamed.

They got reamed to the point that the truthers who produced the internet video Loose Change are scrambling to alter the third version of their conspiracy mongering tripe, even going so far as to drop any reference to the twin towers being blown up by the government (they continue to insist WTC #7 was brought down by explosives).

The documentary took no prisoners as it destroyed almost all of the major conspiracy theories associated with 9/11 while revealing the real motivations of the truthers; that they are part of a political movement driven by raw, unreasoning hatred of George Bush, the American government, and to some extent, America itself.

Prominently featured were historians like David Brinkley, Editor in Chief of Popular Mechanics James Meigs, and structural engineers, explosives experts, and a host of scientists, military experts, and eyewitnesses to the disaster. The cumulative effect of the testimony of the anti-conspiracists was absolutely devastating. The show left little doubt of the unhinged nature of the truthers, showing many of them – including radio host Alex Jones who has given vast amounts of air time to every kook, crazy, and nutcase with a theory on 9/11 – looking like the anti-intellectual fruitcakes they truly are.

The format was perfect. A truther would lay out a conspiracy theory which was then immediately debunked by 2 or 3 experts. Over two hours, a couple of dozen myths associated with 9/11 were laid to rest permanently including the “missile” that hit the Pentagon, the shoot down of Flight 93, the “implosion” of the towers,” and other theories not based on fact.

The implosion theory was debunked several times over. First, by the best forensic structural engineer in the country who, with the help of some excellent graphics and animation, showed exactly how the planes caused the towers to fall. An explosives expert (a young guy who was flabbergasted at the ignorance of the truthers regarding demolition) pointed out it would have taken weeks to rig the buildings for implosion and would have involved stripping drywall and ripping out walls. The nail in the coffin was supplied by one of the engineers who prepared the final report (working for the independent American Society of Civil Engineers) who showed how the collapse of the towers accounted for such things as the puffs of smoke seen in lower floors as the collapse was occurring as well as the speed of the collapse.

By the end of their presentation, I was on my feet cheering.

The emotional highlight of the documentary occurred when they had members of the victims families responding to the truthers. A confrontation at Ground Zero on the anniversary of 9/11 with the truthers screaming at family members who disagreed with them was shocking. One family member said every time she heard one of the conspiracy nuts it was like “a stab in the heart.”

Not that these nutcases care much. As the documentary showed, the truthers real goal is to blame Bush. And the disturbing poll numbers showing that 46% of the country believing the whole truth about 9/11 is being hidden by the government shows why this documentary should be viewed by everyone.

You can tell how deeply this program hurt the truther movement by the fact that they didn’t try to answer any of the points made by the piece but rather attacked the source:

http://rightwingnuthouse.com/archive...story-channel/
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #13
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

They can sit there and claim that they've debunked all those myths if they want,... but all that show did is open up the eyes of the public.

I'll say this: some of the smaller theories did seem to be debunked...

Like the white plane that was seen at Shanskville after 93 crashed.
Same with the other plane that was seen at the Pentagon after it exploded.

they had good reasoning for that.

Other than that,... they didn't even present most of the conspiraicie surrounding 9-11... They just attacked the Loose Change theories.

And even then ..... the truthers won the argument on flight 93 and WTC 7.

The show didn't even cover the best points that were made in Loose Change.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #14
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

You can have all the facts in the world but you will still find some conspiracy bullcrap. conspiracies give people the sense that they have the inside track on things, it makes them feel importent and knowing,

Whatever floats your boat

Last edited by Boogaloo : 08-22-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #15
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
You can have all the facts in the world but you will still find some conspiracy bullcrap.

Whatever floats your boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv2ck2qsiGA

Well Loose Change won't neglect to show this in their next movie.

Amazing how fire resembles molten metal that drips down the entire side,
seconds before the collapse I should add.

But whatever floats your boat... just a coinsidence probably.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: