Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #16
-primetime-

Default Re: History Channel,... 9-11 Conspiracies: Fact or Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
They can sit there and claim that they've debunked all those myths if they want,... but all that show did is open up the eyes of the public.
the public knows about these theories...

you don't think that Michael Moore and Bill Mahar know what Loose Change is?.....they don't talk about it because they consider it childish fairy tale non-sense. They will yell up and down about how Bush used 9/11 as a tool to invade Iraq but you will never ever hear an adult with any credit to his name say that 9/11 was an inside job...

you act as though the public has never heard of this...we have heard...we just think it is dumb.

Quote:
I'll say this: some of the smaller theories did seem to be debunked...

Like the white plane that was seen at Shanskville after 93 crashed.
Same with the other plane that was seen at the Pentagon after it exploded.

they had good reasoning for that.

Other than that,... they didn't even present most of the conspiraicie surrounding 9-11... They just attacked the Loose Change theories.

And even then ..... the truthers won the argument on flight 93 and WTC 7.

The show didn't even cover the best points that were made in Loose Change.
did it cover the history of conspiracy theorists?

it doesn't matter what they covered or debunked....you guys will still come up with some kind of fairy tale explanation.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #17
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
You can have all the facts in the world but you will still find some conspiracy bullcrap. conspiracies give people the sense that they have the inside track on things, it makes them feel importent and knowing,

Whatever floats your boat
true...and sad
Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #18
-primetime-

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv2ck2qsiGA

Well Loose Change won't neglect to show this in their next movie.

Amazing how fire resembles molten metal that drips down the entire side,
seconds before the collapse I should add.

But whatever floats your boat... just a coinsidence probably.
the only reason those guys are even making movies about this stuff still is because of money...at this point I don't think that even they believe that thier story is correct....they have painted themselves into a corner and they are forced to stick with it for the entertainment of the conspiracy theorist.

I also love how you seem to be an expert of molten metal and know exactley what would happen if a jumbo jet slams into an enorous building.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
Jackass18
The Iron Price

There's so many screwball theories that it would be nearly impossible to get to them all.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #20
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

It was OK....seemed pretty biased towards one side but I've lost almost all interest in this back and forth crap surrounding 9/11.

I wish they would have spent some time discussing Papa Bush's questionable business dealings with well-known terrorists in the 80s and the direct ramafications this had on 9/11.

This country (and Israel) has been waging a holy war against Islam for some time now. WE WERE BOUND TO EXPERIENCE AN ATTACK ON OUR SOIL AND LOSE A BUILDING OR TWO.

What do you expect when rival religious fanatics square off?

Religion will be this planet's undoing, unfortunately.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #21
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
It was OK....seemed pretty biased towards one side but I've lost almost all interest in this back and forth crap surrounding 9/11.

I wish they would have spent some time discussing Papa Bush's questionable business dealings with well-known terrorists in the 80s and the direct ramafications this had on 9/11.

This country (and Israel) has been waging a holy war against Islam for some time now. WE WERE BOUND TO EXPERIENCE AN ATTACK ON OUR SOIL AND LOSE A BUILDING OR TWO.

fortunatly, those holy nut jobs don't have a nuke........yet
Old 08-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #22
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Quote:

Do you have proof of papa bush's dealings with whom and what deals?
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:

Well, it did seem biased, and it did give the main theorys some good air time as well ( I was so happy when they mentioned the Freemasons and the New World Order) . I'm just wondering why Popular Mechanics stepped up and gave the public all these so call facts about planes and buildings,
When it should of been included in the Commision Report to begin with.
The Government should have investigated this in the begining.
Also all the scrap metal was removed and recycled over seas.

They also mentioned the LIHOP theory (meaning the Governmnet Let It Happen On Purpose).

So Question.... for you -Primetime-... Is the LIHOP theory possible?
and if so,... how possible is it?

And to answer your question, they did include the phycological aspects of what might be going on in a conspiracy theorists mind...... F'ing stupid.
There is a museum in Dallas on the 6th floor that is filled with theories...
I guess whoever investigated the facts of JFKs death had to be a looney nut job... Oh well, the called Jim Garrison that too....

The media called this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Garrison
a crazy conspiracy theorist.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #24
-primetime-

Quote:
Well, it did seem biased, and it did give the main theorys some good air time as well ( I was so happy when they mentioned the Freemasons and the New World Order) . I'm just wondering why Popular Mechanics stepped up and gave the public all these so call facts about planes and buildings, .
the magazine (popular mechanics) sells issues to costumers by writing articles the the public is interested in.....when Loose Change hit the net they decided to hire a large number of professionals in the feild to see if there is any truth behind what these kids are saying...the professional engineers/demolitionists/ect. found that the kids were very wrong to assume such simple theories like "planes don't do this/fire doesn't do that/blah blah i'm a dipsh-it."

they made a great article and in retrun I am sure that they sold alot of issues....which was thier goal...money.

Quote:
When it should of been included in the Commision Report to begin with.
The Government should have investigated this in the begining.
Also all the scrap metal was removed and recycled over seas.
our government is simply not that organized...they have proven time and time again that they are really bad a dealing with desasters yet you like to believe that they are really geniuses just pretending to be dumb.
Quote:
They also mentioned the LIHOP theory (meaning the Governmnet Let It Happen On Purpose).

So Question.... for you -Primetime-... Is the LIHOP theory possible?
and if so,... how possible is it?
that is possible...I don't believe it

I believe that they had fair warning about it though...there is evidence of that
Quote:
And to answer your question, they did include the phycological aspects of what might be going on in a conspiracy theorists mind...... F'ing stupid.
There is a museum in Dallas on the 6th floor that is filled with theories...
I guess whoever investigated the facts of JFKs death had to be a looney nut job... Oh well, the called Jim Garrison that too....

The media called this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Garrison
a crazy conspiracy theorist.
what is crazy is comparing 9/11 to JFK....not even close to being the same.

you are comparing a guy getting shot in the head to 9/11....way to go.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #25
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
fortunatly, those holy nut jobs don't have a nuke........yet

Yeah, but we do. And so do other countries scattered across the globe.

Most people who hold popular religious beliefs have this innate sense of "spreading the word" to others.

What we have to realize is that Christians nor Muslims WILL EVER STOP until the other is annihilated.

Have you ever stopped to really think why this country has grown so large and more importantly, so rapidly? Think about it. It's only been roughly over 200 years.

It's because insanely wise men such as Thomas Jefferson made it a point to seperate politics and religion.

Why is the Middle East such a ****ed up mess? Those states have consistently intertwined the two to where it's difficult to tell the difference between the them.

That separation here at home is slowly beginning to deteriorate with things like teaching Creationism in schools and other nonsense.

You want to believe in something based on faith? Be my guest. That's your (no pun intended) God-given right.

Just keep it the hell away from me and my family.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #26
-primetime-

Quote:

Most people who hold popular religious beliefs have this innate sense of "spreading the word" to others.

What we have to realize is that Christians nor Muslims WILL EVER STOP until the other is annihilated.

Have you ever stopped to really think why this country has grown so large and more importantly, so rapidly? Think about it. It's only been roughly over 200 years.

It's because insanely wise men such as Thomas Jefferson made it a point to seperate politics and religion.

Why is the Middle East such a ****ed up mess? Those states have consistently intertwined the two to where it's difficult to tell the difference between the them.

That separation here at home is slowly beginning to deteriorate with things like teaching Creationism in schools and other nonsense.

You want to believe in something based on faith? Be my guest. That's your (no pun intended) God-given right.

great post....and very true words
Old 08-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #27
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Do you have proof of papa bush's dealings with whom and what deals?

I personally cross-checked the following myself a while ago but I don't have the time to do that now so you may want to do some searching online to verify it yourself.

Here's an excerpt of a New York based journalist's book The BCCI Game: Banking on America, Banking on Jihad:

Quote:
How the Bush family's private connection to a dirty offshore bank is the only link between Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

Now that the U.S. Congress is investigating the truth of President George W. Bush's statements about the Iraq war, they might look into one of his most startling assertions: that there was a link between Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden.

Critics dismissed that as an invention. They were wrong. There was a link, but not the one Bush was selling. The link between Hussein and Bin Laden was their banker, BCCI. But the link went beyond the dictator and the jihadist -- it passed through Saudi Arabia and stretched all the way to George W. Bush and his father.

BCCI was the Bank of Credit and Commerce International, a dirty offshore bank that then-President Ronald Reagan's Central Intelligence Agency used to run guns to Hussein, finance Osama bin Laden, move money in the illegal Iran-Contra operation and carry out other "agency" black ops. The Bushes also benefited privately; one of the bank's largest Saudi investors helped bail out George W. Bush's troubled oil investments.

BCCI was founded in 1972 by a Pakistani banker, Agha Hasan Abedi, with the support of Sheik Zayed bin Sultan al Nahyan, ruler of Abu Dhabi and head of the United Arab Emirates. Its corporate strategy was money laundering. It became the banker for drug and arms traffickers, corrupt officials, financial fraudsters, dictators and terrorists.

The CIA used BCCI Islamabad and other branches in Pakistan to funnel some of the $2 billion that Washington sent to Osama bin Laden's Mujahadeen to help fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. It moved the cash the Pakistani military and government officials skimmed from U.S. aid to the Mujahadeen. It also moved money as required by the Saudi intelligence services.

The BCCI operation gave Osama bin Laden an education in offshore black finance, which he would put to use when he organized the jihad against the United States. He would move money through the Al-Taqwa Bank, operating in offshore Nassau and Switzerland with two Osama siblings as shareholders.

At the same time, BCCI helped Saddam Hussein, funneling millions of dollars to the Atlanta branch of the Italian government-owned Banca Nazionale del Lavoro (BNL), Baghdad's U.S. banker, so that from 1985 to 1989 it could make $4 billion in secret loans to Iraq to help it buy arms.

U.S. congressman Henry Gonzalez held a hearing on BNL in 1992 during which he quoted from a confidential CIA document that said the agency had long been aware that the bank's headquarters was involved in the U.S. branch's Iraqi loans.

Kickbacks from 15 percent commissions on BNL-sponsored loans were channeled into bank accounts held for Iraqi leaders via BCCI offices in the Caymans as well as in offshore Luxembourg and Switzerland. BNL was a client of Kissinger Associates, and Henry Kissinger was on the bank's international advisory board, along with Brent Scowcroft, who would become George Bush Sr.'s national security advisor. That connection makes the Bush administration's surprise and indignation at "oil for food" payoffs in Iraq seem disingenuous.

Important Saudis were influential in the bank. Sheik Kamal Adham, brother-in-law of the late Saudi King Faisal, head of Saudi intelligence from 1963 to 1979, and the CIA's liaison in the area, became one of BCCI's largest shareholders. George Bush Sr. knew Adham from his time running the CIA in 1975.

Another investor was Prince Turki bin Faisal al-Saud, who succeeded Adham as Saudi intelligence chief. The family of Khalid Salem bin Mahfouz, owner of the National Commercial Bank, the largest bank in Saudi Arabia, banker to King Fahd and other members of the ruling family, bought 20 percent to 30 percent of the stock for nearly $1 billion. Bin Mahfouz was put on the board of directors.

The Arabs' interest in the bank was more than financial. A classified CIA memo on BCCI in the mid-1980s said that "its principal shareholders are among the power elite of the Middle East, including the rulers of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, and several influential Saudi Arabians. They are less interested in profitability than in promoting the Muslim cause."

The Bushes' private links to the bank passed to Bin Mahfouz through Texas businessman James R. Bath, who invested money in the United States on behalf of the Saudi regime. In 1976, when Bush was the head of the CIA, the agency sold some of the planes of Air America, a secret "proprietary" airline it used during the Vietnam War, to Skyway, a company owned by Bath and Bin Mahfouz. Bath then helped finance George W. Bush's oil company, Arbusto Energy Inc., in 1979 and 1980.

When Harken Energy Corp., which had absorbed Arbusto (by then merged with Spectrum 7 Energy), got into financial trouble in 1987, Jackson Stephens of the powerful, politically connected Arkansas investment firm helped it secure $25 million in financing from the Union Bank of Switzerland. As part of that deal, a place on the board was given to Harken shareholder Sheik Abdullah Taha Bakhsh, whose chief banker was BCCI shareholder Bin Mahfouz.
Then, in 1988, George Bush Sr. was elected president. Harken benefited by getting some new investors, including Salem bin Laden, Osama bin Laden's father, and Khalid bin Mahfouz. Osama bin Laden himself was busy elsewhere at the time -- organizing al Qaeda.

The money BCCI stole before it was shut down in 1991 -- somewhere between $9.5 billion and $15 billion -- made its 20-year heist the biggest bank fraud in history. Most of it was never recovered. International banks' complicity in the offshore secrecy system effectively covered up the money trail.

But in the years after the collapse of BCCI, Khalid bin Mahfouz was still flush with cash. In 1992, he established the Muwafaq ("blessed relief") Foundation in the offshore Channel Islands. The U.S. Treasury Department called it "an al Qaeda front that receives funding from wealthy Saudi businessmen."

When the BCCI scandal began to break in the late 1980s, the Sr. Bush administration did what it could to sit on it. The Justice Department went after the culprits -- was virtually forced to -- only after New York District Attorney Robert Morgenthau did. But evidence about BCCI's broader links exist in numerous U.S. and international investigations. Now could be a good time to take another look at the BCCI-Osama-Saddam-Saudi-Bush connection.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #28
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:

Thank God (no pun intended) that you didn't get court ordered to go to Alcoholic Anonymous meetings...

This is a cult that says you have to have faith in God to recover from
your desease (12 steps)....

I had big argument about this in my group that I was being forced to
here about God and prayer....

Oh well, what are you gonna do?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #29
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Thank God (no pun intended) that you didn't get court ordered to go to Alcoholic Anonymous meetings...

This is a cult that says you have to have faith in God to recover from
your desease (12 steps)....

I had big argument about this in my group that I was being forced to
here about God and prayer....

Oh well, what are you gonna do?

Hahaha...that sucks man.

This would've shut em up :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g6Eigda4rT4
Old 08-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #30
Out Of Shape
Banned