Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #16
clipps
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Chase Budinger

Could Chase become the next great (American) white hope?

What kind of numbers do you all think he can put up in his career?

Rookie: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists 42% shooting
Best: 24 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 47% shooting
Career: 20 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 45% shooting

If the coaches really said that he has more potential than Melo had, I really like the sound of it and i really hope the Clippers draft him.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #17
jazz12
Banned

I've been watching Air Bud very closely :)

I think he's going to be a very special player. I've been watching some tape on his recent practices and what has really impressed me was his passing. He only averaged 2 assists a game last season, but he's a very talented passer. If he plays SG his size will be a nice asset. With his work ethic and talent he will definitely be an all-star talent on the NBA level before you know it. I think he's got a very good chance of being Player of the Year next season (if he can become a little more selfish).

As far as NBA projections, it's hard to project... His freshman year at Arizona he averaged about 16/6/2 and shot very efficiently. It's hard to translate numbers to the NBA.

Richard Jefferson is a really good NBA player and his college numbers at Arizona he averaged 11.2 ppg 5.0 rpg and 2.8 apg over 3 years... His freshman numbers were basically the same as that. I think Chase is way more talented than RJ and RJ dropped 22/4/4 in 2006... I think Chase is better than Jefferson in every category... So along with what Chase has done so far, his work ethic and athleticism, and comments by highly respected coaches, I expect Chase to be not only an All-Star NBA player but like you said the next white American basketball player... Only 16 years after Bird retired too lol...
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #18
cabz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Oh man... U of A competing for anything is comical... they're going to be competing just to be 5th-7th in the Pac-10 (UCLA, WSU, USC, UW, CAL, ORE are all arguably better).

Chase showed absolutely nothing when it counted last year, I'm not sure why anyone would be so high on him that they would hope their team drafted the guy in the top 10? He was a hyped recruit, he had a few nice games against mostly trash talent, but he at no point showed the potential to be anything special in the NBA, if even a starter. I know the Kings will be picking in the top 10 next year, and as a Kings fan I would be almost as upset as I was with the Hawes pick if we ended up with him. At this point, he's a poor man's Adam Morrison, and we all know how that one has turned out.
cabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:34 AM   #19
jazz12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabz
Oh man... U of A competing for anything is comical... they're going to be competing just to be 5th-7th in the Pac-10 (UCLA, WSU, USC, UW, CAL, ORE are all arguably better).

Chase showed absolutely nothing when it counted last year, I'm not sure why anyone would be so high on him that they would hope their team drafted the guy in the top 10? He was a hyped recruit, he had a few nice games against mostly trash talent, but he at no point showed the potential to be anything special in the NBA, if even a starter. I know the Kings will be picking in the top 10 next year, and as a Kings fan I would be almost as upset as I was with the Hawes pick if we ended up with him. At this point, he's a poor man's Adam Morrison, and we all know how that one has turned out.

You lose all credibilty when you compared Chase Budinger to Adam Morrison. One guy is an athlete the other a diabetic.
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #20
Defo
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabz

Adam Morrison is a poor man's Adam Morrison. Budinger has ten times the explosiveness and ability to attack the basket, not just a spot-up shooter.
Defo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #21
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
In no particular order(other than Indiana)

Sonics
Wolves
Bobcats
Sixers
The Bobcats have Jason Richardson, Raymond Felton, Gerald Wallace, and Emeka Okafor. To believe that that is a top five pick lineup is just absurd.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #22
clipps
Decent college freshman

I'll believe it when I see it.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #23
OutOfPlace
I hit open 5-footers

Budinger is a poor man's Morrison?
OutOfPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #24
ndPac
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defo
Budinger has ten times the explosiveness and ability to attack the basket, not just a spot-up shooter.

But he chooses not to use it to his advatnage during a game, which makes it pretty much useless. . all he is is basically a spot up shooter, way too passive and weak. his draft stock is falling, i now wouldnt be surpirsed to see him stay at UofA for 4 years. if hes smart he'll stay out of the draft because I don't think he can make it off the bench in the league right now. Next year if Bayless stays his stats will go up b/c Brandon Jennings will feed him all day.
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #25
Suns520
I airball my layups

Chase had a great game today with 30 points in the loss to oregon. He was our only offensive threat today with bayless being out with the sprained knee. I like his scoring ability when he chooses to be agressive.
Suns520 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: