Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #31
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Marbury: Dog-fighting is a sport

maybe marbarys losing it..maybe he'll lower the price of his shoes to $9.99?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #32
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
The specific words that came out of Steph's mouth don't make sense, but it is true that lots of hunting is completely inhumane, and gets overlooked for whatever reason.

Down in Texas you can hunt exotic animals with sniper rifles, either in person or through the internet (via webcam), and as far as I'm aware it's perfectly legal. In some cases, they'll drive you out to a good location, and then bring the animal out to assure that you'll get it within an hour. They aren't the type of animals that you'd eat. Should be a felony - I know that's not what Marbury was trying to get at, but it's true.
I dont disagree with trophy hunting being stupid and ecologically damaging. I still see a difference between that and forcing two http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...sescimitar.jpg
scimitar horned oryx or dogs or whatever, to fight each other to the death while you gamble on it.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #33
sommervilleCdn
High School JV MVP

sommervilleCdn is considered somewhat coolsommervilleCdn is considered somewhat cool

sounds like to me; when christmas comes around and its time for teh family photo: marbs likest to brings his rooster, hen, deers and maybe his cow. They all gather around the christmas tree for the family photo. -You gots to respect them the same way u would a dog... I think that's his point.
sommervilleCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #34
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

it's a matter of ethics and how much you value an animal.

i don't really think marbury's statement is so drastic, and he may not be the most articulate person to express his thoughts, but i kinda get what he's saying.

i'm not justifying vick nor am i supporting him, but when people hunt for deers and moose or when they go fishing, aren't they being cruel to animals as well? so why doesn't espn get on that sh!t? there's a bit of hypocrisy in espn because they regularly air hunting shows like bass master or whatever late at night,. they even have fishing broadcasts that teach viewers how to design and make better hooks so that they can trick a fish better, spear their sharp traps through their mouths, and then take away their total existence by ripping their whole lips off or dragging their bodies for a 100 yards across water. so is there really a big difference of inhumane cruelty in treating the animals that weren't meant to be killed for dinner? and what's espn deportes promoting when they show bullfighting? slaying a sword into a bull's heart in an arena full of spectators for merely entertainment is okay?
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #35
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Marbury may not have said it well but I'm sure Mike Vick's family and true friends appreciated his intent. The way Vick is being ganged up on is wrong.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #36
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Tomorrow's quote from Marbury:

"I'm sure Vick had every intention to eat the dogs."
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 AM   #37
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If there is an interesting aspect to this whole thing (disgustingly interesting), there is obviously a subculture of people that are into dog fighting. I was listening to the sports talk radio a few weeks ago, and apparently in the NFL, most players know "someone" who is into dog fighting and that it is quite pervasive amongst athletes.

Of course, I have no scientific proof of this, so please don't shoot the messenger.

But this is an interesting angle to it all... How many people are really into it that have not been exp*sed yet?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:51 AM   #38
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i think he has a point.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 AM   #39
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
i think he has a point.

Marbury? Yeah, he has a point. His point is that he's insanely retarded.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 AM   #40
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You're trying to claim the co defendants arent credible. Ron Mexico credibility isnt exactly high. So how can you begin to take sides on the credibility issue? Because you randomly wanna make up something as to say the stories were exagerrated? Because exagerrating stories makes it look better for the co defendants right? Right???

Stop it. Right yourself up and start typing wiht your fingers...not ur ass.

I never addressed Mike Vick's credibility because I haven't really heard much from him to question.

On the other hand.. I have seen a lot of the allegations from the "co-defendants"

All I know.. is that there isn't much of a reason to believe guys who might not be his friends anymore... especially when jail sentences and extremely rich and famous people are involved.

As for randomly making stuff up...

..Let's use some real "IN" "CURRENT" "HIP" "URBAN" slang like GoBB...

Check yo self befo you riggedy wreck yo self.

Because...

The Daddy Mack will make ya...

Jump! Jump!

I never said that's what happened, I said that's what I thought was the case.

So who's making up stuff now, SUCKA!
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:44 AM   #41
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow...how can someone with a head so big have absolutely nothing inside to show for it?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:55 AM   #42
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

Ah, well... y'know... at least Vick's not in NAMBLA or something...

I guess it could've been worse.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:46 AM   #43
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

I personally dont have a problem with dog fighting itself, other than the legality.

To be honest what is the difference between breeding a dog to fight(you aren't taking some families dog, this dog is born and raised to fight and is all it knows) to breeding chickens for eating, cows for leather making or growing pine trees to chop down? All living things. All for something we dont need to do/have.

Dogs get unfairly elevated(along with dolphins) above other animals in western culture. Dogs fight each other naturally, that was bred out of them when we started domesticating them. Dog fighting is brutal, the way the animals are put down is unnecessary(should be organized and have vets there to put the animals out of their misery) but the "sport" itself has nothing wrong with it. No different to boxing or MMA if it was regulated like they are. You think when fighting was first thought of we cared about each other any better than we do about animals? Fight to the death has origins. Heard of the ancient Roman gladiators?

This world has become so over censored and over sensitive to everything. I personally would want no part of dog fighting but i disagree with it both being illegal and the idea that it is some evil on the same level as rape or child abuse.

Just my view though and I can completely understand with the people who disagree.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:01 AM   #44
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Americans are such *******, I don't care much for dogs and can't believe how much special treatment they get over other animals, hell even better than some humans in this country.

Japan for you http://news.worldwild.org/dolphin-massacre
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:58 AM   #45
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
If there is an interesting aspect to this whole thing (disgustingly interesting), there is obviously a subculture of people that are into dog fighting. I was listening to the sports talk radio a few weeks ago, and apparently in the NFL, most players know "someone" who is into dog fighting and that it is quite pervasive amongst athletes.

Of course, I have no scientific proof of this, so please don't shoot the messenger.

But this is an interesting angle to it all... How many people are really into it that have not been exp*sed yet?

Speaking from a personal standpoint, I grew up down south, in what many would classify as a rural area.I've seen dog fights, **** fighting etc.Nobody looked upon it as 'wrong' so to speak.Dog food?It gets table scraps and lives in a dog house---rain, snow,sleet whatever.

What a dog means to one person may mean totally different to another.

I'll be dissapointed in the NFL as a whole and Gene Upshaw if Vick is banned ....and if he is not allowed to serve whatever sentence the court imposes on him concurrently with the league punishment, whatever that may be.
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: