Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #91
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marbury: Dog-fighting is a sport

Quote:
Yea right, check out the chimpanzees expression at the zoo, they're damn depressed.

All chimpanzees are depressed.. that's why they're always hanging out at bars and taking antidepressants.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #92
Hoopaholic33
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hoopaholic33 has an OK reputation so far

I give him 72 hours before his agent writes an apology that he reads half-heartedly ... "to anyone I offended ... my comments were misconstrued ... I'm an animal lover ... yadda, yadda, yadda."
Hoopaholic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #93
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

I apologize for the chimpanzee comment. It was misconstrued and I clearly wish chimpanzees no harm.

I'm an animal lover, for Christ's sake.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #94
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
what country are you in? A commonwealth right? SO why assume that the laws apply similarly across international boundaries (or even townships for that matter).
I live in Oklahoma.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 AM   #95
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Parks
The dude does way too much coke

i was like, god damn, he's going off nonstop!
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:49 AM   #96
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

Steph has never been known for his keen intellect... I think he's just trying to stick up for a fellow black athlete who had the hard knock life.
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:28 AM   #97
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Hey hey now he's totally right.

Cannibalism is also a highly sophisticated culinary practice. Maybe someone should go tell him that.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:17 AM   #98
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
you are a fool. If he pleads guilty he is legally admitting to the actions (whether or not he did them). Quit being an apologist for your boyfriend and man up. What he did was wrong (legally speaking) and he got caught. No one is saying its the worst thing ever, or even this week, but hes pleading guilty to these counts. so he did it.
I'm not being an apologist, I'm being a realist. Coming up I knew quite a few guys to get in trouble with the law and can tell you that at times copping out is the best option.

Obviously, coming up my friends couldn't lawyer up the way Mike Vick could so they didn't have the same quality of defense. On the flip side they also didn't have to deal with the media convicting them in the public's eyes.

Only a person who has never been in or around legal troubles thinks only a guilty person cops out.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #99
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
I live in Oklahoma.
hmn, the way you used university was very un-american.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #100
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Only a person who has never been in or around legal troubles thinks only a guilty person cops out.
I dont disagree, but your are then legally responsible for it, so you might as well have done it (in other words, it doesnt matter if you are pleading guilty because you are or cause you think they can prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt- the only thing that matters is the guilty plea).

On a related note, Vick is claiming he never gambled on dogfights? So, he invested lots of his money, one of his estates, let his buddies set up a business outta this, and then didnt try and make any of his money back? He just did it for the love of the dogfight or what?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: