Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #16
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board
Default Re: legends and heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
rosen, as well as others, want to remember the great ones-- mj and magic -- at their best

when they both came back, while it was good and many players only dream of playing like they did during their comebacks, it wasnt their best

we want our sports heroes to be larger than life. when we see that they are mere mortals, it disappoints us

personally, i too like remembering the greats in their prime. while i respect their decisions to comeback, it would have been even greater for their "legendary" status if they had stayed retired after the first announcement

first and last impressions go a long way

I think Magic did the right thing coming back...Michael didn't but neither humiliated himself!
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #17
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: My email to Charley Rosen

I can't stand it when people selfishly expect players to retire on top of their game or not come back if they retired too soon.

You guys are right... simple minded people love to believe in "unbeatable" athletes that never pass their prime. About half of Jordan and Shaq bandwagoners are this way, IMO.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:50 AM   #18
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

And I thought that ESPN article bashing Eddie Griffin earlier today was bad.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:34 AM   #19
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Magic hadn't played in the NBA since 1991 yet he came back and averaged 14.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg and 6.9 apg in just under 30 minutes. His per 40 minutes that year were 19.5 ppg, 7.6 rpg and 9.2 apg. Oh yeah and the Lakers went 22-10 after he returned. How is that humiliating?[/b]

You know I never neally thought about that, the minutes. Damn!
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #20
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
You know I never neally thought about that, the minutes. Damn!

Magic was still a very good player and he was obviously contributing to the team otherwise they wouldn't have gone 22-10 after he joined the team!
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #21
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

As a weekly columnist myself, I can tell you that we (columnists), especially those that only write on one subject, need to inject controversy into columns to make people read them.

I DON'T like Rosen, but he has gotten a response, he has gotten you to read and I know that you all have read him more than once just to see what kind of BS comes out of his mouth. That is the job of a columnist, to get you to read, and many times "we" make arguments and accusations that we don't believe in, just so we can get that "pop" (aka reaction).
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: