Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2007, 01:35 AM   #31
blazerfan22
Retro is in

blazerfan22 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 3 songs you could listen to all day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
I love that song. Even though he sampled Bruce Hornsby's "That's Just The Way It Is" to an extent, the newer versions are better a lot of the time.

"How do you want it" I think is my favorite from Tupac. It's hard to decide.
blazerfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #32
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerfan22
"How do you want it" I think is my favorite from Tupac. It's hard to decide.

Mine is "Dear Mama" followed by "Changes". He wrote "Dear Mama" while he was in jail in 1995.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #33
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Quote:
Mine is "Dear Mama" followed by "Changes". He wrote "Dear Mama" while he was in jail in 1995.

Yeah, Dear Mama is good. I loved Changes.

The thing I liked about Tupac was his wit, rythm, voice and lyrics. Perfect combination. Ice Cube had the same thing going for him.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #34
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Considering the man held the record for most successful debut album(still does I believe), he can't be that bad. Even if he sampled old songs, his lyrics were good. I guess that's why he sold a ton of albums. :)

Actually, (nerd moment coming), Boston's self titled is #1, and Guns N' Roses' Appetite For Destruction is #2 for debut albums sales.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #35
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Yeah, Dear Mama is good. I loved Changes.

The thing I liked about Tupac was his wit, rythm, voice and lyrics. Perfect combination. Ice Cube had the same thing going for him.

Cube had just as much talent as Tupac. Only difference is Cube focused more on bashing cops while Tupac rapped about his life.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #36
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Actually, (nerd moment coming), Boston's self titled is #1, and Guns N' Roses' Appetite For Destruction is #2 for debut albums sales.

It was(maybe still is) #1 for rap albums. I wasn't sure if it was #1 for albums in general as well.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 AM   #37
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Oh. My God! Boston? The band with all the saxophones I think. Don't they point at you in their videos. Stupid perms and mullets. That band was gay!!

Unfortunately, you are probably right though. I think I saw something on VH1 about that. Sad moment for the rock industry.

GNS I believe though. They were pretty big at the time.

Debut albums mean nothing because if you ask people who they prefer between Guns N Roses and Boston, we all know what the obvious choice is going to be.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:57 AM   #38
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Actually, I don't know too much about Boston. I think they had a few good songs so I shouldn't judge them if I don't know too much about them.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #39
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Oh. My God! Boston? The band with all the saxophones I think. Don't they point at you in their videos. Stupid perms and mullets. That band was gay!!

Unfortunately, you are probably right though. I think I saw something on VH1 about that. Sad moment for the rock industry.

I think you're thinking of a different band, Boston was a solid rock group. I don't think they had any saxaphones either but I can't be sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AlzsP4jN1E
Old 08-23-2007, 02:01 AM   #40
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Actually, I don't know too much about Boston. I think they had a few good songs so I shouldn't judge them if I don't know too much about them.

"More Than A Feeling" is the only Boston song I know. I'm sure most would prefer GNR over Boston.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:02 AM   #41
blazerfan22
Retro is in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I think you're thinking of a different band, Boston was a solid rock group. I don't think they had any saxaphones either but I can't be sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GItbyK28-U

I think you're right. I looked them up on Youtube myself and found this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83_7bK8uvfw

I remember that song and liked it. I had them confused with some other sh?ty group. My bad.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:21 AM   #42
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I'm totally obsessed with this Japanese rock band right now called "Maximum the Hormone".

3 of their songs I can listen to all day:

Maximum the Hormone - Zetsubou Billy (The chick drummer looks so hot dressed all goth. Also, this song is based on the anime "Death Note". When everyone dies, they're being killed by "Kira" (Japanese pronounciation of "Killer"))

Maximum the Hormone - What's up, people?

Maximum the Hormone - Koi no Megalover

Bonus:

Maximum the Hormone - Kuso Breakin Nou Breakin Lily (At around 2:30 into the song, the guy is rapping/screaming so loudly that it sounds like someone recorded his voice and is playing back a recording of it while holding down the fast forward button.)
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #43
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

I feel free- Cream
Cocaine-Eric Clapton
Layla- Derek and the Dominoes
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:28 AM   #44
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I'm totally obsessed with this Japanese rock band right now called "Maximum the Hormone".

3 of their songs I can listen to all day:

Maximum the Hormone - Zetsubou Billy (The chick drummer looks so hot dressed all goth. Also, this song is based on the anime "Death Note". When everyone dies, they're being killed by "Kira" (Japanese pronounciation of "Killer"))

Maximum the Hormone - What's up, people?

Maximum the Hormone - Koi no Megalover

Bonus:

Maximum the Hormone - Kuso Breakin Nou Breakin Lily (At around 2:30 into the song, the guy is rapping/screaming so loudly that it sounds like someone recorded his voice and is playing back a recording of it while holding down the fast forward button.)

Maximum the Hormone is the coolest name ever. I've only listened to Kuso Breakin... but it rocks. The transitions between ska and metal is awesome. I'm addicted.

Do you have any CD's by them? Can I find them anywhere in the U.S.?

Last edited by Randy : 08-23-2007 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:40 AM   #45
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Moby - Extreme Ways (Bourne Ultimatum remix)
Tupac - Life Goes On
Xzibit - Thank You
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: