Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-23-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Dale Ellis vs. Ray Allen

Who would you take?

Prime Ellis: 27.5 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.3 STL, 50.1 FG%

Prime Allen: 26.4 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 4.1 APG, 1.5 STL 43.8 FG%
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dale Ellis vs. Ray Allen

Wow, good question... I think it'd depend a little more on what you need.

Ray Allen is a better ballhandler and I think he's a little better than Dale was on coming off screens and doing the Reggie Miller thing.

Ellis was a more accurate shooter and probably a little better at scoring at the hoop.

But... I don't know sh!t.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ray, Ellis played in era that had a bunch of teams averaging 110+ PPG
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd take Ray as well, he's just more versatile at the 2 guard position than Dale.

I met Dale once at a basketball camp and he taught me how to shoot a jumpshot.

BEEF: Balance, Eyes, Elbow in, Follow through.

He proceeded to hit like 30 NBA 3's in a row. At least I think it was that many, I was too busy admiring his killer flat-top to keep count.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

How about:

Allen Houston, or Spree? Both prime BTW.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 AM   #6
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
How about:

Allen Houston, or Spree? Both prime BTW.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:43 AM   #7
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

lol, umm probably spree here, i liked houson early in his career, but he was pretty one dimensional (check out his dunk contest efforts haha)...

Spree was a very dangerous player in his prime, very dangerous...

as for the ray / ellis comparison, which i beleive is a very good comparison (nice work eliteballer) id say a prime allen would probably get the nod here, versitility would push him over the edge...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:44 AM   #8
poeticism707
Local High School Star

poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.

Ray Allen.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 AM   #9
sick_brah07
Local High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

jesus
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #10
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Ray Allen over dale

excellent thread eb!

the stats are close so i will highlight some other factors

i saw the development of dale and in his prime was just deadly. his scoring average increased his first six years in the league-- especially once dallas traded him to us

ellis was only a jump shooter

ray was fire from the get go. you all have seen what he does and can drop threes and slash to the basket

neither of them were/are great defenders-- that is a wash

dale was a quiet assassin; ray speaks the truth and lets the chips fall where they may

ray did a spike lee movie...

the amazing part of those 86-88 sonics is that we had THREE guys averaging over 20 points ellis, chambers, and x-man; ray had 'shard

i would take either of them in their prime but given these other factors, especially ray's better ball handling skills to the hole

i choose ray ray
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: