Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2007, 02:54 PM   #16
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Answer These NFL Questions

1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who?
No. I don't know, I haven't looked at every team's schedule to figure that out.
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who?
Probably.
3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively?
NFCE
4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively?
NFCN
5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths?
Jaguars and Redskins
6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year?
Dallas, Giants, Chiefs, Jets
7) Who's the darkhorse RB to hit the 1,500 yard mark this season?
Al Sharpton
8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees?
Manning
9) Who will have the most TD passes between Bulger, Kitna and Brady?
Brady
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo?
Homo
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who? Yes they will
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who? No they won't. Don't care who, but they won't win the least

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees?
9) Who will have the most TD passes between Bulger, Kitna and Brady?
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
We also lost Kelly Washington. Don't forget about him. The Bengals are extremely thin after Chad/TJ, like you mentioned. Just wanted to throw that other name out there

you might get him back
of all the Pats WR he's the one on the bubble and might not make the cut
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #19
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat
1) Will the Chargers win more games than anyone this season? If no, who? No, New England, Weak Division, Loaded Team
2) Will the Raiders lose more games than anyone this season? If no, who? No, many teams, Raiders will surprised 5-7 wins, Atlanta will struggle, 3-13
3) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the most wins collectively? AFC West
4) Which Division in all of the NFL, will post the least wins collectively? NFC North
5) Who's your surprise picks for both AFC and NFC Wild-Card berths? Jacksonville and Carolina
6) Which playoff teams last year, do not make the playoffs this year? New York Jets and New York Giants

7) Who's the darkhorse RB to hit the 1,500 yard mark this season? Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown

8) Who will have the most TD passes between P. Manning, Palmer and Brees? Drew Brees
9) Who will have the most TD passes between Bulger, Kitna and Brady? Tom Brady
10) Who will have the most TD passes between Leinart, Favre and Romo? Matt Leinart

New Orleans Saints win the Superbowl
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #20
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Sagat has an OK reputation so far

GOBB wrote:

Quote:
Agree with you in principle that Carson could compete in TDs thrown with Manning. But this season? No and I'll tell you why...Chris Henry is suspended for 8gms. Leaves you with only Chad Johnson and TJ WhoseYaMama. Something to consider. LAst year Henry had 9 Tds, year prior 6. Who makes up Henry's Td's? I mean TJ and Chad could each add 2 more TDs than they normally would get...but you're still short.

Obviously, Chris Henry's absence is not a positive thing in terms of on the field productivity... however... maybe we're giving too much credit to Henry here for his recent success and not so much Palmer. IMO, Palmer (like Manning) has the ability to make mediocre at best wide outs into standout players. It's Palmer, and not so much being blessed with god's greatest receivers.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Carson Palmer isn't even a top three quarterback in the league. I mean what has he done to warrent such high-praise?

He hasn't improved from year to year, his stats show that he's actually regressed a little bit. He's not THAT young anymore - he's 27. He's thrown for more than 30 TDs just once in a season... he fumbled 15 times last year. He is what he is...nothing about potential here.

I've seen the kid play. He's a real good player. But he doesn't turn Brandon Stockley-type receievers into 1000 yarders. He has very limited scrambling ability.

In other words, he's a watered down Manning. Sorry, but I'd rather have the real deal with just as (in my opinion, better) many weapons on offense as Palmer.

You can sit there and type out I'm still underrating him but guess what? I'm not underrating Palmer, in fact I'm realizing him for what he is - Troy Aikmen without rings.

Take that for what it's worth.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Carson Palmer isn't even a top three quarterback in the league. I mean what has he done to warrent such high-praise?

He #4, not that big of a difference.

You also have to keep in mind that he came back last year from major injuries that would've ended other players' careers.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #23
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

I'll answer only the questions I have some background in, others I simply didn't look at the team's schedule so I don't want to predict how many games they'll win.

5. San Francisco and NY Jets
6. NY Giants (Not sure about others, have to do some research first)
7. DeAngelo Williams (If he gets to start, Fox needs to realize he's the best RB he's got)
8. Palmer
9. Bulger
10. Leinart
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #24
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
Carson Palmer isn't even a top three quarterback in the league

You're not watching the same Carson Palmer then. It's commonly accepted as Palmer to be Top 3 right now. Most NFL quote on quote "experts" will tell you the same thing.

Calm down kid... I didn't say Palmer was a better QB than Peyton. I only said he'd have more TD passes this year.

I find this very, very enigmatic because it seems most NFL fans either agree that Palmer is in fact an elite QB (Top 3) or the other half feels he's vastly overrated.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #25
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat

You're not watching the same Carson Palmer then. It's commonly accepted as Palmer to be Top 3 right now. Most NFL quote on quote "experts" will tell you the same thing.

Calm down kid... I didn't say Palmer was a better QB than Peyton. I only said he'd have more TD passes this year.

I find this very, very enigmatic because it seems most NFL fans either agree that Palmer is in fact an elite QB (Top 3) or the other half feels he's vastly overrated.

He's not top 3.

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Brees

Had he not gotten injured he could be number 3, but right now I would take Brees.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:

Thats the thing - your talking about Peyton Manning in the prime of his career with the weapons he has being outdone by another quarterback who isn't in his league. Not only is Peyton a superior player, but he has more weapons to boot.

Thats why I think you're absoulutly full of **** to think it's a toss-up between those two.

Palmer is not unquestionably top three in the league man. That right there tells me YOU, in fact, have the homer glasses on. I mean since when has he been a better quarterback than McNabb? Or Brees? Hell even Bulger for that matter?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #27
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Carson Palmer might not be in the top 3, but putting Drew Brees over him is somewhat questionable. If any thing, I would take McNabb, Manning & Brady over Palmer.

Brees & Palmer are a good relationship, to me they're hand in hand.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #28
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

People want to talk about injuries and how they drop Palmer's "elite" rating... then want to talk about McNabb...

Oh, and don't base the success of Brees on the superhuman season he had last year. Year for year, pass for pass, by the end of their careers Palmer will by far be a better QB than Brees.

Right now, Palmer has almost completely recovered from his once thought to be career devastating injury. Pretty safe to say Palmer is Top 3. That's money in the bank for most NFL experts.

If GM's had the decision to take any QB in the league they wanted outside of Peyton and Brady... wouldn't you agree most would take Palmer over say a Brees or questionable McNabb?

Yes...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:06 PM   #29
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pick the player:

1. S: Adrian Wilson or Roy Williams

2. LB: Demeco Ryans or Jonathan Vilma

3. DT: Kevin Williams or Jamal Williams

4. QB: Jay Cutler or Eli Manning

5. WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams

6. RB: Brian Westbrook or Willie Parker

7. TE: Alge Crumpler or Vernon Davis

8. QB: Tarvaris Jackson or Matt Schaub

9. CB: Antoine Winfield or Marcus Trufant

10. QB: Alex Smith or Matt Leinart
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #30
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My picks:

1. S: Adrian Wilson or Roy Williams

2. LB: Demeco Ryans or Jonathan Vilma

3. DT: Kevin Williams or Jamal Williams

4. QB: Jay Cutler or Eli Manning

5. WR: Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams

6. RB: Brian Westbrook or Willie Parker

7. TE: Alge Crumpler or Vernon Davis

8. QB: Tarvaris Jackson or Matt Schaub

9. CB: Antoine Winfield or Marcus Trufant

10. QB: Alex Smith or Matt Leinart