Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far
Default is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294211,00.html

after all the talk about cruelty to animals doesnt it seem a bit *hipacritical*
to be putting the rest of the dogs to sleep?? what do you guys think?
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Sharas
Great college starter
 
Sharas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B&H
Posts: 3,126
Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

those dogs are bred to kill other dogs. there's no way you can reverse it now. they're permanent danger to other dogs and people.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,357
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

first off, you are a fool.

second, as sharas rightly points out, these dogs have been psychologically damaged beyond rehabilitation. Would you take one into your home?

Third, if you dont see the difference between putting a dog to sleep and slamming a dog to the ground until it died or electrocuting or hanging a dog, you are one sick F*ck.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
first off, you are a fool.

second, as sharas rightly points out, these dogs have been psychologically damaged beyond rehabilitation. Would you take one into your home?

Third, if you dont see the difference between putting a dog to sleep and slamming a dog to the ground until it died or electrocuting or hanging a dog, you are one sick F*ck.
hey man chill out.....i, in no way whatsoever, said that putting them to sleep was as heartless and gruesome as what he did to them. i was simply pointing out that they are still killing the dogs. can a dog not be untrained and become civil?? wild animals can to tamed (to a point) so why not these poor, neglected dogs? that was the only point i was trying to make. that makes me a fool and a sick #&#& ??? by the way, they were at various shelters throughout virgina waiting to be claimed. if they were that screwed up wouldnt they have just put them out of their misery??
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

i owe an apology.i posted this article early this morning and didnt read the whole thing through. it clearly states that the dogs are ticking time bombs and arent fit for adoption. when i initially read the first part about no one claiming the dogs from the shelters, i was assuming (wrongly) that they were fit to adopt. you still shouldnt have gotten so hostile boozey
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Out Of Shape
Banned
 
Out Of Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 78
Out Of Shape has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

If Vick had killed the dogs quickly I don't think he would have received nearly the shytstorm he's getting now. He beat them, he drowned them, he hanged them and did all kinds of other stuff to them. I think that little bit of extra cruelty at the end of the poor dog's life really gets to people emotionally. It is a crime for a dog pound or even a hunter with his prey, not to end the animal's life as humanely as possible.
Out Of Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,357
boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
i owe an apology.i posted this article early this morning and didnt read the whole thing through. it clearly states that the dogs are ticking time bombs and arent fit for adoption. when i initially read the first part about no one claiming the dogs from the shelters, i was assuming (wrongly) that they were fit to adopt. you still shouldnt have gotten so hostile boozey
perhaps not, but I take great umbrage at comparing a fairly humane euthanization to some of the more brutal dog killings I have ever heard of. Itd be one thing if they had shot the dogs to get rid of them, but it seems like they made a game out of f*ucking with the dogs. Can you imagine trying to bodyslam a fight-trained pitbull to death? Only someone trying to show how manly he was would even attempt that ****. It wasn't so much directed at you (although I guess I did name call), but I am sick of people trying to defend this ****er. Thats for his attorneys to do and they agreed to a plea. SO many people play the race card like hes being picked on for this because he is black. cmon now, I am not so naive as to think the justice system is colorblind (it generally sees green) but the public condemnation has nothing to do with vick's skin tone.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 683
eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
perhaps not, but I take great umbrage at comparing a fairly humane euthanization to some of the more brutal dog killings I have ever heard of. Itd be one thing if they had shot the dogs to get rid of them, but it seems like they made a game out of f*ucking with the dogs. Can you imagine trying to bodyslam a fight-trained pitbull to death? Only someone trying to show how manly he was would even attempt that ****. It wasn't so much directed at you (although I guess I did name call), but I am sick of people trying to defend this ****er. Thats for his attorneys to do and they agreed to a plea. SO many people play the race card like hes being picked on for this because he is black. cmon now, I am not so naive as to think the justice system is colorblind (it generally sees green) but the public condemnation has nothing to do with vick's skin tone.
i agree with you 100%....the point of my thread wasnt to show that vick is being mistreated, but instead to show that the dogs were getting killed still. but after re reading the article i agree with putting them down. the only thing i dont understand is why they chose to keep these dogs so long before killing them. if the owners came forward surely they wouldnt be released to them.
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy