Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far
Default is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294211,00.html

after all the talk about cruelty to animals doesnt it seem a bit *hipacritical*
to be putting the rest of the dogs to sleep?? what do you guys think?
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: is the dog pound worse than M. Vick??

those dogs are bred to kill other dogs. there's no way you can reverse it now. they're permanent danger to other dogs and people.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

first off, you are a fool.

second, as sharas rightly points out, these dogs have been psychologically damaged beyond rehabilitation. Would you take one into your home?

Third, if you dont see the difference between putting a dog to sleep and slamming a dog to the ground until it died or electrocuting or hanging a dog, you are one sick F*ck.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
first off, you are a fool.

second, as sharas rightly points out, these dogs have been psychologically damaged beyond rehabilitation. Would you take one into your home?

Third, if you dont see the difference between putting a dog to sleep and slamming a dog to the ground until it died or electrocuting or hanging a dog, you are one sick F*ck.
hey man chill out.....i, in no way whatsoever, said that putting them to sleep was as heartless and gruesome as what he did to them. i was simply pointing out that they are still killing the dogs. can a dog not be untrained and become civil?? wild animals can to tamed (to a point) so why not these poor, neglected dogs? that was the only point i was trying to make. that makes me a fool and a sick #&#& ??? by the way, they were at various shelters throughout virgina waiting to be claimed. if they were that screwed up wouldnt they have just put them out of their misery??
Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

i owe an apology.i posted this article early this morning and didnt read the whole thing through. it clearly states that the dogs are ticking time bombs and arent fit for adoption. when i initially read the first part about no one claiming the dogs from the shelters, i was assuming (wrongly) that they were fit to adopt. you still shouldnt have gotten so hostile boozey
Old 08-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Out Of Shape
Banned

Out Of Shape has an OK reputation so far

If Vick had killed the dogs quickly I don't think he would have received nearly the shytstorm he's getting now. He beat them, he drowned them, he hanged them and did all kinds of other stuff to them. I think that little bit of extra cruelty at the end of the poor dog's life really gets to people emotionally. It is a crime for a dog pound or even a hunter with his prey, not to end the animal's life as humanely as possible.
Out Of Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
i owe an apology.i posted this article early this morning and didnt read the whole thing through. it clearly states that the dogs are ticking time bombs and arent fit for adoption. when i initially read the first part about no one claiming the dogs from the shelters, i was assuming (wrongly) that they were fit to adopt. you still shouldnt have gotten so hostile boozey
perhaps not, but I take great umbrage at comparing a fairly humane euthanization to some of the more brutal dog killings I have ever heard of. Itd be one thing if they had shot the dogs to get rid of them, but it seems like they made a game out of f*ucking with the dogs. Can you imagine trying to bodyslam a fight-trained pitbull to death? Only someone trying to show how manly he was would even attempt that ****. It wasn't so much directed at you (although I guess I did name call), but I am sick of people trying to defend this ****er. Thats for his attorneys to do and they agreed to a plea. SO many people play the race card like hes being picked on for this because he is black. cmon now, I am not so naive as to think the justice system is colorblind (it generally sees green) but the public condemnation has nothing to do with vick's skin tone.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
perhaps not, but I take great umbrage at comparing a fairly humane euthanization to some of the more brutal dog killings I have ever heard of. Itd be one thing if they had shot the dogs to get rid of them, but it seems like they made a game out of f*ucking with the dogs. Can you imagine trying to bodyslam a fight-trained pitbull to death? Only someone trying to show how manly he was would even attempt that ****. It wasn't so much directed at you (although I guess I did name call), but I am sick of people trying to defend this ****er. Thats for his attorneys to do and they agreed to a plea. SO many people play the race card like hes being picked on for this because he is black. cmon now, I am not so naive as to think the justice system is colorblind (it generally sees green) but the public condemnation has nothing to do with vick's skin tone.
i agree with you 100%....the point of my thread wasnt to show that vick is being mistreated, but instead to show that the dogs were getting killed still. but after re reading the article i agree with putting them down. the only thing i dont understand is why they chose to keep these dogs so long before killing them. if the owners came forward surely they wouldnt be released to them.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: