Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far
Default Beckham the most dedicated guy in sports?

I meen only 24 hours ago he was in England playing for his country against Germany, he gets an over-night 14 hour plane ride back to LA and tonight he is playing against Chiavas.

thats dedication
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Beckham the most dedicated guy in sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
I meen only 24 hours ago he was in England playing for his country against Germany, he gets an over-night 14 hour plane ride back to LA and tonight he is playing against Chiavas.

thats dedication

D-Wade.... what are you doing?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

He's very dedicated and hard working, most people just don't about that side of him.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Becks also has a messed up ankle. Played 90+ minutes for England, takes a trans-atlantic flight[which is bad for messed up ankles] and is expected to play tonight.

Yet, idiots like primetime claim he's just a prettyboy and nothing else
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Thank you...make primetime look more of an idiot.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

[primetime]There is no contact in soccer, it's a pussy sport. Nothing dedicated about playing a pussy sport in two days[/primetime]
Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #7
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

If you call that dedication.

I call it selling out on a team that just paid you a quarter of a Billion dollars
to play for them.

But I forgot... Beckham is just a brand now. He just needs to show
up to the game because soccer is doing horrible in the states.

I wish he would of reinjured his ankle in that game... then the Galaxy's
investment wouldn't look so great.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #8
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Did anyone watch the England game? You could tell he was in pain and his ankle was pissing him off, but did he stop once? ..... no! He gave it his all and was one of the best players on the field.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It is a ***** sport.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #10
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
If you call that dedication.

I call it selling out on a team that just paid you a quarter of a Billion dollars
to play for them.

But I forgot... Beckham is just a brand now. He just needs to show
up to the game because soccer is doing horrible in the states.

I wish he would of reinjured his ankle in that game... then the Galaxy's
investment wouldn't look so great.

So, playing for your national team and showing pride, then coming back home and playing for your club team within 24 hours while having a bad ankle is not dedication? Damn, that's news to me. And yes, he is just a brand, that's why he had two assists in the Galaxians game vs the RedBull:rollingeyes:.

Just stop posting, it's obvious you know nothing about the world of sports.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
Did anyone watch the England game? You could tell he was in pain and his ankle was pissing him off, but did he stop once? ..... no! He gave it his all and was one of the best players on the field.

D-Wade... I thought you were black for the longest time.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #12
-primetime-

who is Beckham?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #13
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
[primetime]There is no contact in soccer, it's a pussy sport. Nothing dedicated about playing a pussy sport in two days[/primetime]
link?....I played soccer growing up

all I ever said was this:

a jar of Jim Thorpe's piss > Beckham

I never said soccer wasn't athletic...I am just sick of you people acting like Beckham is ****ing MJ...

he is great and all but his fame did not come from his skills...and no one has even attempted to prove me wrong on that.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #14
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
you love Oasis
Old 08-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #15
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
..and no one has even attempted to prove me wrong on that.

Yes it has. When he played for Man Utd, they won like 4 titles in a row.
He was one of the best 3 players in the world one year. When Manchester won the Champions league in 1999, Beckham assisted on both goals from a corner kick.
One of the best free kick takers of all time. His crossing is a thing of beauty as well.
Make no mistake, he's a great looking guy married to an ex Spice Girl which gave him a great deal of popularity but he'd be just a pretty face if he wasn't a good football player.
England sucks without him. He's their engine.
He's a great, great player.
Shame most people don't think that way because they don't know what they're talking about.
Beckham is and was a great player. That's a fact.

And soccer is pretty physical, believe it or not. It's probably more physical than basketball, too.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: