Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Beckham the most dedicated guy in sports?

Who's Beckham? and what's this Soccer thing you guys keep talking about?...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #17
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Yes it has. When he played for Man Utd, they won like 4 titles in a row.
He was one of the best 3 players in the world one year. When Manchester won the Champions league in 1999, Beckham assisted on both goals from a corner kick.
One of the best free kick takers of all time. His crossing is a thing of beauty as well.
Make no mistake, he's a great looking guy married to an ex Spice Girl which gave him a great deal of popularity but he'd be just a pretty face if he wasn't a good football player.
England sucks without him. He's their engine.
He's a great, great player.
Shame most people don't think that way because they don't know what they're talking about.
Beckham is and was a great player. That's a fact.

And soccer is pretty physical, believe it or not. It's probably more physical than basketball, too.

he is a great player sure...

but his fame came from other things...there are plenty of players that are better than him than no one in the states has any idea about
Old 08-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #18
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
he is great and all but his fame did not come from his skills...and no one has even attempted to prove me wrong on that.

This is when his name really started to become known

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbzLpteC8ng
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #19
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
This is when his name really started to become known

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbzLpteC8ng
not in america

I had no idea who he was until he married that spice girl...

neither did my freinds...

and then girls started going nuts over him.

I bet there isn't even 1 in 100 americans that know about that shot you just posted
Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
you love Oasis

You love Deion Sanders
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #21
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You love Deion Sanders
yeah but there is a difference

Deion isn't gay

Oasis is
Old 08-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
link?....I played soccer growing up

all I ever said was this:

a jar of Jim Thorpe's piss > Beckham

I never said soccer wasn't athletic...I am just sick of you people acting like Beckham is ****ing MJ...

he is great and all but his fame did not come from his skills...and no one has even attempted to prove me wrong on that.

B/c Beckham is ****ing MJ except around the world.

Do you think Posh Spice wouldv'e married some soccer player that wasnt already known or a soccer player that was already well known and very great at that?

David Beckham was popular even before he married posh and that just boosted it.

David Beckham's fame among young non-soccer playing women came through posh spice. All the rest came from soccer players/soccer fans.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #23
Hawker
Banned

Quote:

Deion isn't gay

Oasis is

Yes, since rock stars are gay.

Get a real insult please.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
-primetime-

Quote:
B/c Beckham is ****ing MJ except around the world.

Do you think Posh Spice wouldv'e married some soccer player that wasnt already known or a soccer player that was already well known and very great at that?

David Beckham was popular even before he married posh and that just boosted it.

David Beckham's fame among young non-soccer playing women came through posh spice. All the rest came from soccer players/soccer fans.
she married him for his looks as well....he wasn't the greatest player there was

and he is not the MJ of soccer....give me a break

you are saying that Beckham is the GOAT????
Old 08-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #25
-primetime-

Quote:
Yes, since rock stars are gay.

Get a real insult please.
well...there have been gay rock stars...

Oasis is chick music...
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #26
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
link?....I played soccer growing up

all I ever said was this:

a jar of Jim Thorpe's piss > Beckham

I never said soccer wasn't athletic...I am just sick of you people acting like Beckham is ****ing MJ...

So your saying you've never claimed that soccer was a ***** sport which had no contact and takes skill to play with little athleticism?

Exactly.

Quote:
he is a great player sure...

but his fame came from other things...there are plenty of players that are better than him than no one in the states has any idea about

What did his fame come from? He was damn popular before he married Victoria, and like posted, it just boosted his popularity. It's like saying Tony Parker's fame came from him marrying Eva and no one knew/knows about his skills :rollingeyes: .

Quote:
not in america

I had no idea who he was until he married that spice girl...

neither did my freinds...

and then girls started going nuts over him.

I bet there isn't even 1 in 100 americans that know about that shot you just posted

So you don't know anything about the world of sports? Don't try to argue in that case then. Football is the worlds most popular sport, american so called football isn't even in the top 5, hell, is it even in the top 10 worldwide?

Quote:

Deion isn't gay

Oasis is

Takes a gay person to know when something/someone is gay. I mean, how do you know Oasis is gay? Where did they say it? Only other way for you to know is have been in the bedroom with them.

Quote:
she married him for his looks as well....he wasn't the greatest player there was

How do you know it's just fame and looks? There is something called love which some people marry for, you know. Actually you wouldn't. Doubt you've went on a date anytime recently.

Quote:
well...there have been gay rock stars...

Oasis is chick music...

There have been gay athletes. Idiot.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #27
-primetime-

alright...I am at work but I will get to all of your nonsense later...

I can already see you made it easy for me by constanty asking me why Beckham is famous and then saying that there are gay athletes..

was Deion gay?...I was just pointing out that Oasis is chick music...like Cold Play is...not that they are literally gay...give me a break
Old 08-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #28
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
alright...I am at work but I will get to all of your nonsense later...

I can already see you made it easy for me by constanty asking me why Beckham is famous and then saying that there are gay athletes..

was Deion gay?...I was just pointing out that Oasis is chick music...like Cold Play is...not that they are literally gay...give me a break

lmao...backstreet boys is chick music.

The biggest fans that of Oasis that I know of are men. So fuck off *** cake.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #29
-primetime-

Quote:
lmao...backstreet boys is chick music.

The biggest fans that of Oasis that I know of are men. So fuck off *** cake.
gay men?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #30
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
gay men?

****ing playas.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: