Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kevin Durant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Kevin Durant
Best case - Dirk Nowitzki
Worst case - Keith Van Horn
Most likely case - Rashard Lewis

Durant stats projection
Rookie: 17 points 5 rebounds 2 assists on 44% shooting
Best: 26 points 7 rebounds 5 assists on 48% shooting
career: 22 points 6 rebounds 4 assists on 46% shooting
The rookie statline you and Lebron23 posted are pretty realistic targets that Durant will most likely achieve, though I do think he fall around the 18-19 ppg mark.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #17
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

As for Kevin Durant individually, no doubt he'll be great. People say that he's a SF, but he's very athletic and a great shooter so I don't see why he can't be a SG.

As good as this kid will be in the future, looking at his thin body, I don't think he'll put up that big of numbers this season which is one of the reasons why I think the Sonics are gunna be one of the worst teams in the league. I think the most points Durant will average this season will be no more than 15 and the rest of the slack will be picked up by Green, West, Wilcox, Wally and Ridnour and the Sonics will probably win 25-30 games. But considering that Kevin Durant wants to learn, he's willing to put in the work to get better and stronger, I think he'll have a much better 2nd and 3rd season. In his prime, he'll definitely be one of the top players in the league. Probably top 5.

Rookie: 14 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, which definitely isn't bad for a rookie.
Best: 31 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists
Career: 26 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #19
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
I hope he does well. I hope he proves that players who can't bench 185 can be great players and make some people realise that basketball players are more than just statistics on strength, speed and vertical leaps.

I doubt Kevin Durant is gunna allow to keep himself this skinny for his entire career. Tmac couldn't bench 185 when he was a rookie. I'm sure he's getting up around 280-300 by now.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #20
go_blue
High school junior varsity star

go_blue has an OK reputation so far

he has the skillz to be one of the most tallented players in the game but he can do just about everything like post up mid rangers and more
go_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #21
clipps
Good college starter

Shaun Livingston had the skills but look at him
Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #22
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

In 3 Years Kevin Durant Is Going To Be The Best Player In The Nba
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Shaun Livingston had the skills but look at him
Prior to the Greg Oden and Kevin Durant, Shaun Livingston was hands down the single most over-rated draft prospect in NBA history.

I understand your point but the differences between Durant and Livingston are too great to make that fair to Durant.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #24
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
In 3 Years Kevin Durant Is Going To Be The Best Player In The Nba
:rollingeyes:
Old 08-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #25
VCMVP1551

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

I don't get the Dirk comparisons really. Durant is a swingman not a power forward, he is far more athletic than Dirk and he is smaller.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #26
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
I don't get the Dirk comparisons really. Durant is a swingman not a power forward, he is far more athletic than Dirk and he is smaller.

They have some similarities.

Durant is tall but weak for his position. Durant most likely will rely more on shooting over the defender than try to beat him in the post. He is a player who creates mismatches and you want to build your offense around him. But you will also have to cover for him on defense.

It's not a carbon copy, but they are similar in a few ways.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #27
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Prior to the Greg Oden and Kevin Durant, Shaun Livingston was hands down the single most over-rated draft prospect in NBA history.

I understand your point but the differences between Durant and Livingston are too great to make that fair to Durant.

Injuries had a lot to do with Livingston becoming a bust. In 3 seasons, the kid didn't even play 150 games yet. And that gets to my point about the 2 players. Shaun livingston had a lot of skill. He was a great passer, had great court vision, high basketball IQ, good rebounder for his size. Livingston has a lot of skills. But problem was, his body was not mature yet. He weighed 175 when he was drafted and didn't even reach to 185 yet And Livingston played a position that didn't require that much strength.

If Livingston didn't get injured so much and played at least 70 games each othe the past 3 seasons, I'm sure we would talk about Livingston in the same sentance as Chris Paul and Deron Williams. He really was that talented. That's why I was so optimistic about Livingston when he was drafted and thats why his grusome injury was a huge blow.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #28
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Injuries had a lot to do with Livingston becoming a bust. In 3 seasons, the kid didn't even play 150 games yet. And that gets to my point about the 2 players. Shaun livingston had a lot of skill. He was a great passer, had great court vision, high basketball IQ, good rebounder for his size. Livingston has a lot of skills. But problem was, his body was not mature yet. He weighed 175 when he was drafted and didn't even reach to 185 yet And Livingston played a position that didn't require that much strength.

If Livingston didn't get injured so much and played at least 70 games each othe the past 3 seasons, I'm sure we would talk about Livingston in the same sentance as Chris Paul and Deron Williams. He really was that talented. That's why I was so optimistic about Livingston when he was drafted and thats why his grusome injury was a huge blow.

WOW
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #29
Da KO King

Sorry, but prior to Oden, Livingston was the most over-rated prospect in draft history.

Livingston was touted as the PG of the future, referred to as a future Hall of Famer on a few occasions, and called the second coming of Magic Johnson on others.

While throwing that praise on him here are things that were completely ignored about Livingston:

He couldn’t shoot, couldn’t defend PGs, was extremely frail/weak, wasn’t a true PG in high school, and was outplayed by Sebastian Telfair at the ABCD camp prior to their senior year.

On top of all that he played in a perimeter dominated system in high school so he was sub par in terms of passing into the low post.

All that yet he was a top 5 lock and called the best PG prospect in years.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #30
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default keep the sonics super

talent-wise: much has been said

i just hope he doesnt blow out a knee

popularity-wise: i hope he just blows up magic johnson style and changes the hearts of all the people in the city of seattle so we get a new arena and the

sonics stay in seattle
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: