Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-16-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
Pat Burke is GOD
I airball my layups

Pat Burke is GOD has an OK reputation so far
Default Will Amare ever be the same???????????

Since the Suns did not pick up any free agents who are big contributers (Eric P. can shoot but I equate him to the new Eddie H.) This is the way I see it:

Amare losses all explosive power = playoff team

Amare comes back half of what he was = West conference finals team

Amare comes back full force = NBA Champs

Please correct me with my assumption if you think it is wrong.

Amare is a player that killed people with his power, explosivness, and athletisizm will he still have that? I would love to hear everyones comments.
Pat Burke is GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
OliverThizz
I airball my layups

OliverThizz has an OK reputation so far

I am not a Suns fan by any means, but I definitely recognize Amares game. The sad thing is, once it was announced that he needed that particualr surgery, I knew it was trouble. Just check the history of players who had the surgery and how it killed their game. Most notably, Penny. He would be going down as one of the greatest of all time if it were not for that surgery. It totally stripped him of his athleticism. Chris Webber was killing the league a few years back and as soon as he had the surgery he became, well, basically what you see now. The only player who came back successfully from the surgery was Jason Kidd, but his game never relied much on athleticism, although you can still notice the slowness in his step. If Amare were able to come back full strength, which as a basketball fan I would love to see, Phoenix would more than likely be uunstoppable and would probably take it all next year. Unfortunately, most players dont make it back from the surgery. So far, he has not been half as explosive, which you could attribute to rustiness, but he has been also looking a little timid, as if he is afraid to re-injure the knee. Now anybody who has ever seen him play before the surgery knows that timid and Amare would not belong in the same sentence. I really dowish him the best and he will still be a good player for any team, but I dont know if he will be the monster that he was, and that would be unfortunate because it would be another case of a player with the potential to go down as one of the greats being reduced to half of what he was. The Suns will still be a good team, he will still contribute, and they will still go deep into the playoffs. Its just the future of Amare and his potential that may forever be remembered as a "what if". I hope not.
OliverThizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverThizz
I am not a Suns fan by any means, but I definitely recognize Amares game. The sad thing is, once it was announced that he needed that particualr surgery, I knew it was trouble. Just check the history of players who had the surgery and how it killed their game. Most notably, Penny. He would be going down as one of the greatest of all time if it were not for that surgery. It totally stripped him of his athleticism. Chris Webber was killing the league a few years back and as soon as he had the surgery he became, well, basically what you see now. The only player who came back successfully from the surgery was Jason Kidd, but his game never relied much on athleticism, although you can still notice the slowness in his step. If Amare were able to come back full strength, which as a basketball fan I would love to see, Phoenix would more than likely be uunstoppable and would probably take it all next year. Unfortunately, most players dont make it back from the surgery. So far, he has not been half as explosive, which you could attribute to rustiness, but he has been also looking a little timid, as if he is afraid to re-injure the knee. Now anybody who has ever seen him play before the surgery knows that timid and Amare would not belong in the same sentence. I really dowish him the best and he will still be a good player for any team, but I dont know if he will be the monster that he was, and that would be unfortunate because it would be another case of a player with the potential to go down as one of the greats being reduced to half of what he was. The Suns will still be a good team, he will still contribute, and they will still go deep into the playoffs. Its just the future of Amare and his potential that may forever be remembered as a "what if". I hope not.
ok here's where youre wrong and i can prove it:
you said so yourself that youre not a suns fan so that would mean that you probably dont read up on them that much, when amare went down his case of microfracture surgery was considered the "least worst case scenario" yes that means that penny, c-webb, and j-kidd all had fairly worse conditions than he and when he made that short 3-game stint his knee that had microfracture surgery was completely fine (a little stiffness but who doesnt have that after not using their knee for that long) and thats the reason he came back was cuz it was fine but then his right knee started to hurt and thats when they had arthroscopic surgery on that knee and thats why he didnt continue the season or playoffs, and i also dont know what youre saying about him being timid now, where have you seen this? i havent actually watched an entire summer league game of him but his stats and the highlights that i have seen show that he will be the amare of old if not very close to it
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

If Amare can come back full strength then Pheonix is a lock for the NBA championship. If Pheonix had Amare this year then they would have won it too.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
Sir Baby
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sir Baby has an OK reputation so far

26pts,9rebs and 22pts,10rebs,4-5asts, which one is better?
Sir Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #6
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default the second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Baby
26pts,9rebs and 22pts,10rebs,4-5asts, which one is better?
second one is better cuz that makes him more of a threat with those assists
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 AM   #7
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Amare is holding back, If you watch him, hes refining his shooting,and passing..... Hes different from MCdyess, Amare is bigger then mcdyess and has more heart then Webber. People said he was a dumb kid,but Amare is actually pretty intelligent basketball wise.

For PHoenix to go all the way AMARE will hve to be 21 11-12 2, 2-3 blocks and 1.5 steals....

I wanna see that. We need rebounding,little things from him...

Marion will get 18-20 points
Nash will get 15-17
Diaw will get 14-16
Bell is a lock for 12
barbose 11
Thomas 10 and 7.

just need 21-23 from amare.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

maybe he'll come back slowly, more pts per month... blah blah blah... then come playoff time... hehe...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #9
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

This will be the question of the season, all season long seeing as how the Suns championship run depends greatly on his health.

I don't think he'll ever be the same explosive as he was. I mean, anytime you are injured to that extent, you simply aren't going to be the exact same as when you were healthy. It's just that simple. I have severly sprained both of my ankles while playin ball, and they have never been the same no matter how hard I work them, or rehab them, and that injury isn't near what Amare's was.

I'm sure he'll still have his fair share of dunks on people, but not like he used to. He might lose a slight edge in the quickness dept as well, but even then, I still think he'll have the advantage on most bigs in the league. This injury also will help Amare work on other aspects of the game. Everytime I have seen Amare work on something, he becomes significantly better at it. He FT's and jump shot are 2 things that come to mind right off the bat.

He's gonna be a great player still in my estimation. Maybe not in the same ways, but still great.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:54 AM   #10
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far

We All saw pheonix last year without Amare, West coast finals! All Amare has to do is turn up this year and he'll have an instant impact just from size. When hes at full strength I think we can all see the Suns winning the championship. But i also think that even if he cums back half or less than 100% Suns will have a realy good run at it anyway. It all depends on the Spurs n Mavericks really, if they *** up with an awesome steal. Overall even if Amare gets sumthing along the lines of 15-18,9,4, and what ever other skills he picked up Suns gonna have a another Champ calibre season. What they really need is one or 2 more proven veterans to mentally boost the youngens in the Playoffs.
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #11
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
This will be the question of the season, all season long seeing as how the Suns championship run depends greatly on his health.

I don't think he'll ever be the same explosive as he was. I mean, anytime you are injured to that extent, you simply aren't going to be the exact same as when you were healthy. It's just that simple. I have severly sprained both of my ankles while playin ball, and they have never been the same no matter how hard I work them, or rehab them, and that injury isn't near what Amare's was.

I'm sure he'll still have his fair share of dunks on people, but not like he used to. He might lose a slight edge in the quickness dept as well, but even then, I still think he'll have the advantage on most bigs in the league. This injury also will help Amare work on other aspects of the game. Everytime I have seen Amare work on something, he becomes significantly better at it. He FT's and jump shot are 2 things that come to mind right off the bat.

He's gonna be a great player still in my estimation. Maybe not in the same ways, but still great.

Couldn't say it better myself.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #12
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Burke is GOD
Since the Suns did not pick up any free agents who are big contributers (Eric P. can shoot but I equate him to the new Eddie H.) This is the way I see it:

Amare losses all explosive power = playoff team

Amare comes back half of what he was = West conference finals team

Amare comes back full force = NBA Champs

Please correct me with my assumption if you think it is wrong.

Amare is a player that killed people with his power, explosivness, and athletisizm will he still have that? I would love to hear everyones comments.

Agreed.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #13
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

praneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation herepraneel has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
If Amare can come back full strength then Pheonix is a lock for the NBA championship. If Pheonix had Amare this year then they would have won it too.

no they wont! Defense wins titles, and phx has no d. Amare wont be as dominating as before. And after this coming year, the suns wont be the same team. 2 players, Diaw and Barbosa are going to get extensions, big ones, they are already pushing the cap this year. THey are finished baby, finished!
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Default SCARY thought..

Ugh, the thought of this scaring me. If Amare comes back and is not to his full potential, then I don't see the future of the Suns franchise going far.

Why? Steve Nash is getting older, a lot of are players are not as good as they seem, it's just that Nash makes everyone look better than they really are.

If Amare does come back to his full potential, and there are no injuries to our key players, I see us atleast making it to the finals?

PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:20 AM   #15
supercybergeek
I airball my layups

supercybergeek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXsunsROCK1105
Ugh, the thought of this scaring me. If Amare comes back and is not to his full potential, then I don't see the future of the Suns franchise going far.

If Amare does come back to his full potential, and there are no injuries to our key players, I see us atleast making it to the finals?

I love how you guys make these preditions like it's written in stone. Nobody can predict who will be in the finals. If they could, they would bet the farm in vegas at the start of the season. At the start of last year, how many of you predicted Miami Dallas? Nobody can predict.
supercybergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: