Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
Odenorbust
High school junior varsity star

Odenorbust has an OK reputation so far
Default Which 5 NBA teams have the bleakest outlook?

thoughts?

1. Indiana- practically the only good players they have right now are Granger and O Neal, and Jermaine isn't even a superstar quality player right now
2. Sacremento- They need to blow it up NOW or they will have a long recovery time
3. Seattle-There a guranteed team not to qualify for the playoffs for 3 or 4 years.
4. Boston- They have 2 years of contention left, and then there probably going to be consistently one of the worst teams in the NBA for 6 or 7 years
5. Philadelphia- Besides Iggy, they really don't have much promise. Dalembert has improved much, and with Billy King and Ed Snider running the team, it's kind of scary to think how they can screw up the cap space that's going to arrive in a bit. They could have ended there rebuilding by tanking last year and possibly getting Oden OR Durant, but instead they choose the path of mediocrity.

And Statman, I have been thinking for the past few minutes about this, I don't like going off the top of my head with a piss poor list

Last edited by Odenorbust : 08-24-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which 5 NBA teams have the bleakest outlook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odenorbust
thoughts?
Usually anyone with any bbball knowledge will give there opinion when starting a thread. :rollingeyes:

1. Indiana
2. Memphis
3. New Jersey
4. La Clippers
5. Sacremento

off the top of my head..I might be missing some teams.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

^^New Jersey and Memphis have bleak outlooks?

List.
1.Indiana-Lost Cause of NBA
2.LAC(with or without Brand)-Rebuilding Time
3.Sacramento-Rebuilding Time

Those 3,teams like Minnesota,Portland,Seattle,Atlanta,Charlotte,and Memphis are building toward the future to make a run but those 3 teams have nothing good ahead of them and even at their best LAC and Indiana wouldnt make the playoffs
New York even seems to be doing something kind of right
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
Odenorbust
High school junior varsity star

Odenorbust has an OK reputation so far

anyone else?
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

NO.

Indiana has no hope
LAC is in need of rebuilding
Sac is in need of rebuilding

every team has some type of goal for Now or the Future
Old 08-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
anyone else?
As much as I hate to say it, Cleveland hasnt done one thing, and they look like they will be losing two of their key players (Pavlovic/Varejao) Cleveland will win 44 games, 6 seed, knocked out first round, unless they do something.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
As much as I hate to say it, Cleveland hasnt done one thing, and they look like they will be losing two of their key players (Pavlovic/Varejao) Cleveland will win 44 games, 6 seed, knocked out first round, unless they do something.
Pavlovic and Verajeo are both coming back

if they were going to leave they would've took the first offer they saw back when free agency opened up a few months ago

theres no room for them and nobody is going to give either more than 4 million a year
Old 08-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #8
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Sacremento has to top the list. I don't think they have great youth (Kevin Martin isn't exactly a franchise guy), and they seem stuck.

Indiana atleast has some young talent, and JO isn't exactly old.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
Interminator
Banned

Indiana has Danny Granger.

I dont see any good young talent on their team at all
Old 08-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #10
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
thoughts?

1. Indiana- practically the only good players they have right now are Granger and O Neal, and Jermaine isn't even a superstar quality player right now
2. Sacremento- They need to blow it up NOW or they will have a long recovery time
3. Seattle-There a guranteed team not to qualify for the playoffs for 3 or 4 years.
4. Boston- They have 2 years of contention left, and then there probably going to be consistently one of the worst teams in the NBA for 6 or 7 years
5. Philadelphia- Besides Iggy, they really don't have much promise. Dalembert has improved much, and with Billy King and Ed Snider running the team, it's kind of scary to think how they can screw up the cap space that's going to arrive in a bit. They could have ended there rebuilding by tanking last year and possibly getting Oden OR Durant, but instead they choose the path of mediocrity.

And Statman, I have been thinking for the past few minutes about this, I don't like going off the top of my head with a piss poor list

Piss poor list? Are you ****ing retarded? You copied down 3 teams I had on my list...and you had all the time in the world to think of teams before you started this thread...Next time how bout you think beofre you start a thread

The reason why I named Memphis is because Gasols injurys concern me...and I dont think hes really a franchise player...Plus who else do they have?

and NJ...Kidd has two more good years left and they are stuck with carters contract for the next 5 or so. What young players do they have?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Sacremento has to top the list. I don't think they have great youth (Kevin Martin isn't exactly a franchise guy), and they seem stuck.

Indiana atleast has some young talent, and JO isn't exactly old.

WTF are you talking about? Indy doesn't have as much young talent as Sac... they have Diogu who looks like a bust and Granger. The Kings atleast have Martin who is scoring 20 PPG, the 10th pick in a loaded draft, and a few decent young players.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Cool idea for a thread, but you completely ruined it by listing the team with Durant/Green and the one with Garnett/Pierce/Allen. Those are two of the teams with the most exciting outlooks in the league.

I'd say the bleakest teams are the ones who have declining veterans that will never win the title, and no exciting young players to pin your hopes on.

Indiana, New Jersey, Clippers, Knicks... don't know the 5th.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you stop and think, EVERY team has a potentially bleak outlook. Everyone is an injury/bad draft pick away from being awful. Despite what GM's say, the future isn't something that you can plan for. I mean, you can get what you feel are the right pieces, but it's really a crapshoot as to whether or not your well thought out plans are actually going to work.

Even a team like San Antonio has a bleak outlook. They have a track record of success, but it's up to the front office to keep it going. 3 years from now? How's Duncan gonna be at 34? How are you gonna replace the ancient role players? What about Ginobili? Will his injury problems grow worse? They are a team built for the here and now. In fact, you could hypothetically say that they have one of the bleakest futures out there. Of course, knowing them, they will aquire people in trades/land quality free agents, etc, but their luck may just turn for the worse eventually. You never know..........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down Re: Which 5 NBA teams have the bleakest outlook?

The Kings are rebuilding and they gonna pull through this, just give them some time to get everything in order and they'll be in the playoffs in no time. Although, someone correct me, did Sacramento choose Douby over Marcus Williams last year? I also don't like the draft in which we got Spencer Hawes, don't ask, I just don't approve of it.
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #15
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the Astros
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: