Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

plus team values

In fact, the top 20 NFL teams alone make more money than all of World Soccer....I did not know that, I thought the all popular World Soccer made more.

http://vball.freeshell.org/valuations.html

NFL totals (32 Teams) Value $23,443 Revenue $5,330
NFL totals (Top 20 Teams) Value $15,881 Revenue $3,554
World Soccer totals (20 Teams) Value $8,853 Revenue $3,189

team values:

1 Manchester United $1,186
1 Washington Redskins $1,104
2 Dallas Cowboys $923
3 Houston Texans $905
4 New England Patriots $861
5 Philadelphia Eagles $833
2 Juventus $828
6 Denver Broncos $815
7 Cleveland Browns $798
8 Chicago Bears $785
9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers $779
10 Baltimore Ravens $776
11 Miami Dolphins $765
12 Carolina Panthers $760
3 AC Milan $759
13 Green Bay Packers $756
4 Real Madrid $751
14 Detroit Lions $747
15 Tennessee Titans $736
16 Pittsburgh Steelers $717
17 Seattle Seahawks $712
18 Kansas City Chiefs $709
19 St Louis Rams $708
20 New York Giants $692
21 Jacksonville Jaguars $688
22 New York Jets $685
23 Cincinnati Bengals $675
24 Buffalo Bills $637
25 San Francisco 49ers $636
26 New Orleans Saints $627
27 Oakland Raiders $624
28 San Diego Chargers $622
5 Bayern Munich $617
29 Indianapolis Colts $609
30 Minnesota Vikings $604
31 Atlanta Falcons $603
6 Internazionale $558
32 Arizona Cardinals $552
7 Arsenal $482
8 Liverpool $447
9 Newcastle United $398
10 Borussia Dortmund $355
11 Barcelona $345
12 Schalke 04 $340
13 Chelsea $339
14 AS Roma $304
15 Tottenham Hotspur $275
16 Celtic $200
17 Olympique Lyonnais $194
18 Glasgow Rangers $166
19 SS Lazio $162
20 Leeds United $147
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

It's called great marketing dumb****. Soccer is considerably more popular than football.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
D-Wade
Great college starter
 
D-Wade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raw is Jericho
Posts: 3,545
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

A Soccer team is top of the list


Edit, ps there is no truth to that list Chelsea and Barcelona are now worth alot more and Leeds United are now bankrupt

Last edited by D-Wade : 08-24-2007 at 06:07 PM.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
It's called great marketing dumb****. Soccer is considerably more popular than football.
I made mention to the fact that World Soccer is more popular in the OP...can you read?

I just thought it was cool to see a list of all the team values compared

I never made any claim to popularity

great marketing?...ok
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
SunsN07BookIt
Decent playground baller
 
SunsN07BookIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honey Bee and 180
Posts: 370
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

I knew Man U was the highest revenue generating team in the world so I assumed almost all the top 10 teams were soccer teams. This is pretty amazing that the NFL generates so much more revenue from it's fans in the USA than world soccer. I guess the soccer fans aren't as hardcore as I thought they were. After all, people put their money where their hearts are.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I made mention to the fact that World Soccer is more popular in the OP...can you read?

I just thought it was cool to see a list of all the team values compared

I never made any claim to popularity

great marketing?...ok

When you say the NFL makes a lot more then mention the popularity of soccer, it sounds like you're being sarcastic or mocking it.

You know what I'm saying, eh?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
I knew Man U was the highest revenue generating team in the world so I assumed almost all the top 10 teams were soccer teams. This is pretty amazing that the NFL generates so much more revenue from it's fans in the USA than world soccer. I guess the soccer fans aren't as hardcore as I thought they were. After all, people put their money where their hearts are.
I think it is the fact that there are more fans in the US that have money...???

people all over Brazil are head over heels nuts for soccer but none of them have a penny...

could I be right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #8
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
When you say the NFL makes a lot more then mention the popularity of soccer, it sounds like you're being sarcastic or mocking it.

You know what I'm saying, eh?
no....I was just shocked to learn that the NFL generates more money than soccer does...

but now that I look at it...it really isn't that big of a surprise since soccer is so popular in poor countries...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
SunsN07BookIt
Decent playground baller
 
SunsN07BookIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honey Bee and 180
Posts: 370
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I think it is the fact that there are more fans in the US that have money...???


You could be right. I didn't realize that Europe was that much poorer than the USA especially with all their free health care, higher education and stuff.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #10
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

To put things in perspective, I think a World Cup brings in more revenue then an entire NFL season.

I don't understand what was the point of your post, it's not even logical what you're claiming...those 20 NFL teams are all inside the United States borders...name me a country that has more money then US, a more important question...name me a country that has a greater marketing scheme then US...soccer is a much more popular sport, however there are hardly any elite teams in the United States.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #11
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
You could be right. I didn't realize that Europe was that much poorer than the USA especially with all their free health care, higher education and stuff.
higher education?

the Ivy league is in the US...they have what? Oxford?

alot of Europe is very poor.

free health care?

how come they don't have dentists over there?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
To put things in perspective, I think a World Cup brings in more revenue then an entire NFL season.

I don't understand what was the point of your post, it's not even logical what you're claiming...those 20 NFL teams are all inside the United States borders...name me a country that has more money then US, a more important question...name me a country that has a greater marketing scheme then US...soccer is a much more popular sport, however there are hardly any elite teams in the United States.
what I am claiming?...what is not logical?

that the NFL generates more money than World Soccer...yeah...Forbes says so....I would have to think that includes the World Cup.

and you are right, soccer is more popular, but the NFL brings in more cash.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #13
SunsN07BookIt
Decent playground baller
 
SunsN07BookIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honey Bee and 180
Posts: 370
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
higher education?

the Ivy league is in the US...they have what? Oxford?


The key word there was "free"(although it really isn't). The Ivy League as with pretty much every other form of higher education in the US is not free, then again neither is Oxford.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #14
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough
 
Los Angeles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,293
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

NFL brings in more money because of the market it's in.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #15
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
NFL brings in more money because of the market it's in.
i said that

the US has more money...
  Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy