Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #31
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Team USA VS CANADA

Quote:
LOL, please don't tell me that Carl English is starting for Canada.
Dude played in Croatia last year and no one was more horrible than him.
Dude is God awful.

Didn't he lead the league in scoring or something?

Oh and AppleNader forgot.....

Mendez>>>>>>>>>Melo + Bron Combined
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #32
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

USA vs Virgin Islands:123-59

Canada vs Virgin Islands: 93-83

Now thats gotta say something
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #33
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
Didn't he lead the league in scoring or something?

Oh and AppleNader forgot.....

Mendez>>>>>>>>>Melo + Bron Combined

agreed.

Rautins >>>>>> MIke K
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #34
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
LOL, please don't tell me that Carl English is starting for Canada.
Dude played in Croatia last year and no one was more horrible than him.
Dude is God awful.

What? From his stats he did well, he had like 20 a game or something...was that just because he took the most shots?
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #35
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Canada has guaranteed to move to the next round, but they seed the teams 1-8 based on record after the second round. And they will look at point differential as the first tiebreaker.

And odds are Canada will probably end up being tied with a few other teams, and the point differential will be crucial.

The other thing to remember is that Canada has a day off tomorrow, so i think Rautins will still play his big guns in the hopes of minimizing this loss, and know that they ahve a chance to rest tomorrow.

English led the Croatian league in scoring, and was their all star mvp. He, Brown and Mendez are legitimate NBA calibre players. Maybe not top 8 rotation guys, but good, young players who could thrive if given a chance on a lot of teams.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 PM   #36
Styl3zT
High school junior varsity star

Styl3zT has an OK reputation so far

Attention: Team USA vs Canada will be broadcasted LIVE on ESPN 2 at 3ET

Expected Score will be 147-64 USA Wins
Styl3zT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #37
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
After a team chock full of MLB legends lost to a bunch of Single A kids, I learned to not take anything for granted when it comes to American national sports teams.

Baseball is a little different from basketball. The best teams don't always win in baseball.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #38
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan72
What? From his stats he did well, he had like 20 a game or something...was that just because he took the most shots?

He scored well but he's a gunner. He never met a shot he didn't like.
It was just awful seeing him kill the ball movement and jack up terrible shots.
His % was way too low and he was one of the main reasons why his team didn't win the championship. I watched those games and I was utterly disappointed in him.

I like his style of play, obviously since I'm a Kobe fan...but dude is just too much.
Either he was only playing for his personal goals or he's just that selfish and that much of a blackhole. Hated him.

He does have some nice skills but I've never seen anyone play so selfishly..ever.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #39
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Baseball is a little different from basketball. The best teams don't always win in baseball.
You don't say.

Merely pointing out that I am no longer surprised by any result in these kinds of tournaments.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #40
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

You guys are making jokes but Canada is only about 4 injuries and a forfeit away from winning this thing.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #41
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
You guys are making jokes but Canada is only about 4 injuries and a forfeit away from winning this thing.

TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #42
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
You don't say.

Merely pointing out that I am no longer surprised by any result in these kinds of tournaments.

I suppose you are correct. Stranger things have happened: 4 injuries and a forfeit for example... lol.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #43
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

i don't get it...
Old 08-25-2007, 02:34 PM   #44
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

I dont see any jokes.....
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #45
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

what does "4 injuries and a forfeit" mean?

its not coming to me
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: