Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Who do you see as your franchise player?

For now and for the future.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Who do you see as your franchise player?

i would say the franchise player is curry. isiah is building this team around curry. even marbury told curry that this is your team.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

Curry
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Knicks don't have a franchise player yet.

To me a "franchise player" is a guy is an all-star and makes all NBA or all defense every year.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:50 AM   #5
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Kobe Briant, Kevin Garnet, Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James, Jason Kidd, etc.

Unfortunately the Knicks don't have any of them.

And no one on the Knicks has yet earned franchise player status -- except for Walt Frasier and Isaiah Thomas -- and they are not playing anymore.

When one of our players carries us to a NBA Championship, the finals -- or at least through a playoff round -- then we may have one. But not now!

I like the Knicks Team but there is not any franchise player there so far.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
brooklynchild155

i disagree with that. yea everybody knows that the knicks havent played up to there potential but curry is the franchise player. every move isiah makes is because of curry. i feel as curry goes the knicks goes. for example, the year with larry brown curry played horrible and look what happened we won 23 games. last year, even tho curry played like an all-star i still feel he was average. and what happened, we won 33 games. u see the pattern. now if he plays as good as i really think he can. we will be one of the best teams in the east. and if your are wondering how good i think curry can be, i think he can be an all time great center.

Last edited by brooklynchild155 : 08-29-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I like the idea we do not have a so-called franchise player.

Let it be a true team and not some player and 11 other guys like it is in Cleveland and LA.

The franchise player will be the one who puts the team on his shoulders and makes a playoff run culminating into a championship.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I like the idea we do not have a so-called franchise player.

Let it be a true team and not some player and 11 other guys like it is in Cleveland and LA.

The franchise player will be the one who puts the team on his shoulders and makes a playoff run culminating into a championship.

i disagree with u again. as far as im concerned, whether a team is good or bad every team has a franchise player. and theres no such thing as a player putting the team on his back and carrying them. every team that won championships had 2 or more hall-famers on the squad. except for a very teams, like the pistons in 2004.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

You didn't understand the question and my post.

We don't have a franchise player right now. He will show himself when he takes us to the promised land.

Now do you understand?

My guess it will either be Curry or Z Bo or both.

But you never know......it could be Lee and Balkman if they ever learn to shoot.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
You didn't understand the question and my post.

We don't have a franchise player right now. He will show himself when he takes us to the promised land.

Now do you understand?

My guess it will either be Curry or Z Bo or both.

But you never know......it could be Lee and Balkman if they ever learn to shoot.

i see what u sayin but i still feel that curry is clearly the franchise player.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i disagree with u again. as far as im concerned, whether a team is good or bad every team has a franchise player. and theres no such thing as a player putting the team on his back and carrying them. every team that won championships had 2 or more hall-famers on the squad. except for a very teams, like the pistons in 2004.

who is the other HOFer on the Spurs when they won their titles? I'm talking about after David Robinson.

And Curry is our franchise player at this point. He's currently the center of the franchise. We run our offense through him, we trade and draft according to his strengths and weaknesses (along with the strengths and weaknesses of the team as a whole.

Maybe we have different definitions of a franchise player but mine is simple, the center of the franchise. The only teams I can think of that don't have a franchise player are the Charlotte Bobcats and Sacramento Kings.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #12
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

I think some of you are confusing "the franchise player" with "the top player".

Eddy Curry is not yet a franchise guy.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
who is the other HOFer on the Spurs when they won their titles? I'm talking about after David Robinson.

remember. tony parker is only like what 24-25. he still got like 8-10 more years of all-star level basketball.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #14
brooklynchild155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I think some of you are confusing "the franchise player" with "the top player".

Eddy Curry is not yet a franchise guy.

the franchise player is the best player on the team. duncan, kobe, wade, lebron, melo, and many more are the franchise players and they are the best players on there team. i think your meaning of a franchise player is a player of the caliber of the guys i just mentioned. if thats the cause then your right, curry isnt at that level. but my opinion is that every team has franchise player. whether the team is good or bad every team has a franchise player.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:55 AM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
the franchise player is the best player on the team. duncan, kobe, wade, lebron, melo, and many more are the franchise players and they are the best players on there team. i think your meaning of a franchise player is a player of the caliber of the guys i just mentioned. if thats the cause then your right, curry isnt at that level. but my opinion is that every team has franchise player. whether the team is good or bad every team has a franchise player.

Your problem is that you do not know what a franchise player is.

A franchise player is MUCH more than the team's best player. Put together a bad team and their best player might not even start on a contending team. How many best players on college teams will not even make it in the NBA? Many do not even get drafted into the NBA.

A franchise player is one that you can build a team around and one that can consistently lift the team on his shoulders to win key games. Franchise players can make up for bad teams with their superior effort, heart and skill. Michal Jordan, Kareem-Abdul Jabar, Shack (in his prime) are a few good examples.

Curry may or may not turn out to be that type of player -- but he is not there yet. I recall him winning one game with a three-point shot. How many games did he win with his offence or defence? He has yet to win games consistently.

Curry's defence also has a long way to go. He is not even a complete player. In fact, he often does not play in the last few minutes when the game is on the line. No body sits their franchise player then when they are needed most. Curry is not yet a franchise player or even a two-way player yet. A franchise player is not a one-way player who can only score.

Jamal Crawford, so far is as close to being a franchise player as the Knicks have, because of his willingness, ability and record of wining games down the stretch. But I would not call him a franchise player yet either.

The only franchise players on the Knicks so far are Isiah Thomas and Walt Frasier! These two greats carried their teams to several NBA championships, but unfortunately, now they are the Knick's coach and broadcast analyst.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: