Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #31
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Who do you see as your franchise player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Just because someone is a Pass-First Point Guard does not mean that they can not carry the team down the stretch...
First, being good at passing and being a pass first PG are not the same thing.

Second, I'm not really understanding the point of the list you put up. What is it supposed to convey?

Third, the fact you have Oscar Robertson and Isiah Thomas listed as pass first PG's yet don't seem to consider Bob Cousy one is laughable.

Finally, I'm still waiting to see the list of pass first PG's that won titles over the last 20 years. In fact, just make a list of pass first PG's that actually made it to the NBA Finals.

Unless, you are willing to admit that the idea that a pass first PG's is a key to winning is a false notion.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #32
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Why so grumpy and unreasonable here on the Knicks board, and mostly reasonable out on the main board? The homers getting you down?
I don't mind the homers. It's the fact that a poster actually said he had no interest in looking up the facts on what he was talking about. That just ruined my feeling on this section of the board for the last few days.

I'll stop being a douche in a day or two. Right now I'm too annoyed to be reasonable.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I don't mind the homers. It's the fact that a poster actually said he had no interest in looking up the facts on what he was talking about. That just ruined my feeling on this section of the board for the last few days.

I'll stop being a douche in a day or two. Right now I'm too annoyed to be reasonable.

You could have just said my name.

I don't have to look up something I already know.

Research, research, research. You almost sound like the teacher that wants the kid to "show the work".

If I'm right, admit it.

Fact.....Teams have gotten better immediately after Marbury left them. They upgraded the point guard position.

Jersey did, so did Phoenix. Does anyone have to look that up??? No.

Injuries are a part of the game. Quit using it to cover up for the self-proclaimed "best PG in the League".

Those are the times he could have been "great". He could have carried his team to more positive outcomes.

Once again, the point is supposed to make his team mates "better".

Jason Kidd has done it. Do I have to "research" that. Has the Nets missed the playoffs since he has been there? Even though they have lost players over the course of seasons like K-Mart, they still make it to the show.

The Nets really are not a good constructed team. The talent level basically falls off after Kidd, Carter, RJ(half season missed),Nenad(didn't play at all).

The rest are marginal role players. They still made the playoffs and they still kick the Knicks butt.

I love my Knicks but real is real.

The Knicks will not succeed as long as Marbury is the starting point guard.

History supports that. No reswarch needed.

Unfortunately the Knicks have no such franchise player.

No, everyone who actually know basketball instead of cats that post stats and try to sound smart

Last edited by knickscity : 09-21-2007 at 11:20 PM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #34
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
how can u say comparing jason kidd and stephon marbury is blasphemy to the point gaurd gods. u talkin crazy yo. and u sayin marbury is ok. theres not a lot of guys in the history of basketball thats done more then marbury. the numbers dont lie look it up. i dont care how much u dislike marbury u cant say he's ok. he's way more then ok. when marbury is at his best theres not a man in this world that can gaurd him and u cant say that for everybody.

Question...10 years from now will we remember Michael Finley for his All Star years in Dallas or winning a title last year?

I would take B. NBA players are judged by the games they win. Not the numbers they put up. UNLESS they are over whelming and is a hall of fame player(stockton,malone,ewing, and Barkley). And Marbury arent any of those players.

JKidd is a hall of famer, First ballot, no questions asked. But like i said in other threads. Its Zekes fault that Marbury is viewed this way. If he made a roster that complimented him we ALL would say diff things about Marbury. But thats not the case...and overall right now Marbury is ok.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #35
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Arguments ... Arguments and more Arguments!

1. There is NO FRANCHISE PLAYER ON THE KNICKS so far!.
2. Jason Kidd always makes his teammates better.
3. Marbury has yet to prove he can win anything -- even on Larry Brown's international team.
4. Put ANY point guard on an NBA team with a very strong roster (3-4 superstars) and they could still win it all despite a weak PG.
5. Can the Knicks win a championship with Marbury? Depends on how well Marbury learns to make others better -- because the Knicks will not be a super dominant team in the foreseeable future, so they can't win it all without strong PG leadership. There is no way that Isiah Thomas is going to get a team that can win it all without strong PG leadership. I don't see KG, Kobie and other superstars running to the Knicks offering to take pay cuts or to play for minimum wage to make Marbury and Zeke look good. And when you can only get much better by gambling on trades for perceived "damaged goods," such as people who have burnt their teammates, have suspected heart trouble and those who are in trouble with the law or drugs -- you can only get lucky some of the time.
6. You wanted a list of pass-first PG's who won championships and I gave them to you.
7. You want more -- do it yourself. I owe you nothing!!!
8. The topic is "Who do you see as your franchise player?" and I answered that in #1 above, when I said "There is NO FRANCHISE PLAYER ON THE KNICKS so far!"

Last edited by oldknickfan : 09-25-2007 at 01:53 AM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: