Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-27-2007, 04:37 AM   #61
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: James Posey agrees to terms with the Celtics...

I know the Celts already got rid of him...

...but wouldn't PHX do a Scalabrine for Banks swap simply to help their money situation?

The four headed PG beast of Rondo, House, Pruitt, and Banks doesn't sound too bad to me. Then I'd be free to move House for a more useful player.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 AM   #62
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

Here's another one... now that BOS is in tax territory... might as well go all out, here.

Tony Allen

for

JLucas III
JReed

Gives HOU tax relief. Gives BOS players. If the BAnks trade goes down, this is unnecessary.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #63
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingoat
boston and san antonio should be a hell of a finals, for once.

what the ? u should no that the spurs neva go to the finals twice ina row lol
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #64
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Good signing. Rondo might work out as the starter at PG. With the firepower on that team, they might not need a PG to do anything more than bring the ball up and play defense.

I'm not sold on their big men though. I'd still recommend they look into Dale Davis if PJ's no longer in their price range.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #65
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

good move by the celts
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #66
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Eddie House, Tony Allen(healthy), James Posey, Brian Scalabrine, Scott Pollard and possibly contirbutions from draft picks in Gabe Pruitt and Big Baby Davis is a more than forminable bench

Scott Pollard is nothing more than bench fodder at this point. 6 fouls and a body much like Perkins only Perkins is trying to become good/improve whereas Pollard is what you see/what you get. Its like adding Mark Madsen but just a lil taller and a different personality. Same role...bench warmer, towel waver.

Gabe Pruitt is a rookie...how can you expect anything much out of him? Rondo didnt even give Boston much as a rookie...and Gabe will? Why even list him.

Tony Allen health is a concern...nasty injury how well he bounces back is key. So far I've yet to hear a word about his progress, his health status.

So far the 8 man rotation includes House, Allen, Posey. Getting Posey is nice. But Boston needs to figure out a plan when Perkins gets into foul trouble and Rondo is stinking it up. Who is replacing them and who is backing up the replacements mins/production? Glen Davis? Scalabrine? Guys like Leon Powe/B.Marshall (who?). Eh

You gotta break down Boston this way so you can be a more realistic view at what you're dealing with. Its an NBA contender no doubt...but there are question marks, causes for concern and issues as well. Titles arent won on "paper" or Dallas, Phx would have a couple by now. So fans raising the expectations of "This better be done...", "If this isnt done..." needs to be slowed up. Because last I checked Toronto and NJ have solid teams and they have BEEN TOGETHER for awhile ie chemistry. Boston was put together overnight basically. Stuff like this is never considered because fans judge from the roster of NAMES/on paper when the game has and will forever be played OFF paper.

Nuff said.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #67
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
Good signing. Rondo might work out as the starter at PG. With the firepower on that team, they might not need a PG to do anything more than bring the ball up and play defense.

I'm not sold on their big men though. I'd still recommend they look into Dale Davis if PJ's no longer in their price range.

So explain when teams double off Rondo and force him to shoot.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #68
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Quote:
So explain when teams double off Rondo and force him to shoot.

Thats the only flaw in our entire offensive scheme.

Its August and every team in the NBA has thought of that. We have a coaching staff and a team full of veterans.

I hope they can figure out a way to avoid having Rondo shoot every single time up the court. I hope that one of the guys who isn't doubled can get open and make a play.

Seriously I have heard more about Rondo being left open this summer than anything else. The kid is a lockdown defender and a baller. He will develop a jumper. It's not NBA 2k7 or Live where the guy always shoots if you double off him. He's gonna have 3 team mates on the court with excellent 1-1 and catch and shoot abilities all the time. He can find the open man.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #69
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
getting Posey is a GREAT signing.

They've still got holes obviously. Mostly as far as the PG spot goes. Rondo's ok but he's a horrible fit for this team. He plays D and can bring the ball up... otherwise his skills are useless to this team in particular. But with Pierce, Allen and KG all you really need is about 5 players who cover the positions and impacts on the game that those 3 don't. And Posey is definitely a step in the right direction. They've got their 3rd big in place, Glen Davis. They've got their backup PG, Rondo. And I'd say that their Center situation, with Kandi and/or Perkins, is good enough. Both these guys are pretty good defensively, not the smartest players on the planet but not a liability either.

They still need that PG. if they get it, they're set. they're a complete team. until then..... they're still probably winning a championship but I wouldn't call it a lock.

Rondo is the starting PG. Why do you keep mentioning him as a backup and claiming Boston needs a PG? And Kandi man is a free agent. Its Perkins/Pollard. Are you even aware who the Celtics even have?

And how is Rondo a horrible fit? He's athletic, he has quickness/speed, he has good ball handling abilities, he can penetrate the lane and he is a solid defender. The knocks is him on offense...not much of a shooter and lacks range.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #70
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Quote:
Rondo didnt even give Boston much as a rookie...and Gabe will? Why even list him.

Not true, the team decided it would try Delonte West and Telfair for the first 50 or so games. Once telfair got in that little bit of trouble, and even before he started to stink it up. Delonte got injured a few times and then Rondo got the green light to play.

Check out his stats for the last 20-25 games and you will see he was pretty solid.

If Pruitt can give us 4 points a game and 8-10 minutes of solid play thats more than enough, and quite realistic too.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #71
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Thats the only flaw in our entire offensive scheme.

Its August and every team in the NBA has thought of that. We have a coaching staff and a team full of veterans.

I hope they can figure out a way to avoid having Rondo shoot every single time up the court. I hope that one of the guys who isn't doubled can get open and make a play.

Seriously I have heard more about Rondo being left open this summer than anything else. The kid is a lockdown defender and a baller. He will develop a jumper. It's not NBA 2k7 or Live where the guy always shoots if you double off him. He's gonna have 3 team mates on the court with excellent 1-1 and catch and shoot abilities all the time. He can find the open man.

Who has Rondo locked down to be considered a LOCKDOWN DEFENDER? :rollingeyes:

And what is Eric Snow's problem? You act like its gonna be simple...like everyone knows Rondo will be left open so its easy to adjust and he can just pass to the "open man". First of all how the f*ck is anyone open if you double OFF Rondo? You sit there....f*cking visualize the play and think on that. He will develop a jumper? Yes...the question is WHEN! This isnt NBA 2k7 when you can make poor shooters into good shooters OVER NIGHT in the matter of MINUTES. It could take a year. It could take longer.

And NBA defenses play zone if you werent aware...most go to zone to force teams into shooting from the perimeter. Rondo doesnt have to shoot but the longer he holds onto the ball the more time ticks off the shot clock. He's gonna have to make a smart, quick decision...if he takes it to the rack he better have the ability to finish and/or dish to a teammate in position to score. And before you say "I thought you said no one is gonna be open", not if you dont ATTACK THE BASKET. So yeah attack then kick out to someone hopefully open for a....jumper. What most teams one, hopefully guys have hit the shot.

Moral to the story its not as simple and you punch keys bruh. And I'm not knocking, dissing the Celtics...every team in the NBA has questions, concerns, flaws. Highlighting those only makes a fan more realistic in thier approach. For me or anyone to sit back and say...CHAMPIONSHIP is ridiculous.

Both Rondo and Perkins have thier work cut out for them. Their roles, thier production/play is critical to how far the Celtics go.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: