Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
Ron Mexico
I make up lots of nonsense

Ron Mexico has an OK reputation so far
Default I would pay to listen to Bill Walton talk

I wish he did the color for every basketball game I watch on TV. He has so much knowledge about so many things, and a genuine passion for basketball and life that is so evident.

If I went to prison I would want Bill Walton to visit me. I would just sit back and listen to his stories, they would take me away from the cell and into the stars.
Ron Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I would pay to listen to Bill Walton talk

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico
I wish he did the color for every basketball game I watch on TV. He has so much knowledge about so many things, and a genuine passion for basketball and life that is so evident.

If I went to prison I would want Bill Walton to visit me. I would just sit back and listen to his stories, they would take me away from the cell and into the stars.

I might actually download Bill Walton ringtones if they were available.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:44 PM   #5
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

He's neat, but talks to much.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Bill Walton is the greatest basketball ommentator of all time.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Bill Walton, Tom Tolbert, and Stephen A. Smith would make a great broadcasting trio.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #8
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
He's neat, but talks to much.
Yeah, rambles on during the actual game and stops the other commentator from actually telling the viewers what's happening in the game.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:49 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm still waiting for 'Nothing But Net' to come out in one of those audio books by Bill himself. I wouldn't care what he'd be talking about, just the sound of that, soft, smooth, hyperbole of a voice is enough to make me... well, let's just stop there. Keep this G-rated, at least.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:49 PM   #10
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I can't stand him. He has a love affair with Shaquille O'Neal, he talks like his mouth is full of $hit, and he used to always start crap with the other broadcasters, particularly Snapper Jones when he was there.

I'm not convinced how "knowledgeable" he is, either. Any good broadcaster can research their teams before the game and have stuff written down.

He just seems to have a want to babble some random obscure fact, and people think that makes him intelligent.

I can't think of too many broadcasters I like less.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #11
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah, I like listening to him talk.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #12
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Yeah, rambles on during the actual game and stops the other commentator from actually telling the viewers what's happening in the game.
whats with the new font?

anyway thats what I was talking about. the other announcer was about to say something and he just annunciated more and keep talking. Pretty rude...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #13
grovetd
I brick open layups

grovetd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I can't stand him. He has a love affair with Shaquille O'Neal, he talks like his mouth is full of $hit, and he used to always start crap with the other broadcasters, particularly Snapper Jones when he was there.

I'm not convinced how "knowledgeable" he is, either. Any good broadcaster can research their teams before the game and have stuff written down.

He just seems to have a want to babble some random obscure fact, and people think that makes him intelligent.

I can't think of too many broadcasters I like less.

Mathius

So who do you like then?

And he might over talk at some points...but he knows the game WELL and knows about every SINGLE player/coach in the whole league. He has personality and gets you in the game even if its a blowout. He makes the games so much more interesting than 80% of the brodcasters.
grovetd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 PM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
start crap with the other broadcasters, particularly Snapper Jones when he was there.
Dude...

You don't honestly think some of that wasn't the least bit staged? Or not exactly staged, but the producers MUST have told them to go back and forth like that. Something. I just can't imagine that was all just from two personalities clashing. Not with that much... whatever the hell they used to do. And Snapper did his fair share of baiting as well, he was actually always the one who would call Bill out. Not all Bill's fault that you didn't like the routine.

Anyways, even if it was all real, it was still hysterical. I'm not completely opposed to a little humour during my basketball, and that's what they brought. I can recall actually laughing out loud at those guys in the middle of the game. And with Marv, the great negotiator, always in the middle of it...

Ah, the (my) glory days of the NBA.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #15
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovetd
So who do you like then?

And he might over talk at some points...but he knows the game WELL and knows about every SINGLE player/coach in the whole league. He has personality and gets you in the game even if its a blowout. He makes the games so much more interesting than 80% of the brodcasters.

Yeah even if the game is not that exciting I'm still watching the game b/c he's so entertaining. I could listen to him commentate on bowling or golf and still watch it.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: