Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 AM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I would pay to listen to Bill Walton talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Yeah even if the game is not that exciting I'm still watching the game b/c he's so entertaining. I could listen to him commentate on bowling or golf and still watch it.
Heeeeey now, let's not say things we can't take back, hmmm?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:01 AM   #17
dawsey6
/thread

dawsey6 has decent reputationdawsey6 has decent reputation

Bill Walton--Wizards prediction, 2002-03: The Washington Wizards are the 2nd-best team in the league behind the LA Lakers! Michael Jordan literally took a team the was going nowhere, and turned them into a team that could possibly contend for an NBA championship!
dawsey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:01 AM   #18
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

LMAO... I don't think he's that good but I love his Waltonisms...

"Is there a better shot blocker than Vlade Divac?"
"Where would the Clippers be without Sean Rooks?"
“Danny Ferry is just a tremendous player...”
"He's everywhere! Rebounds, assists... Shawn Bradley is looking like Hakeem Olajuwon!"
"What a pathetic play from a pathetic human being."
"that NBA legend from UCLA Dan Gadzuric"
"Coach Wooden the greatest human being ever..."

ect ect ect... :)
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:01 AM   #19
dawsey6
/thread

Bill Walton--Wizards prediction, 2002-03: The Washington Wizards are the 2nd-best team in the league behind the LA Lakers! Michael Jordan literally took a team the was going nowhere, and turned them into a team that could possibly contend for an NBA championship!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #20
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

He's one of my favorites as well. My least favorite is Marc Jones, the square Bill did the previous 2 games with. He literally makes up words to sound intelligent, and he'll pause after them too for added effect. If you had a nickel for every time he uses a 3+ syllable word, you'd be a thousandaire by the end of the broadcast, double it for every time he makes up said word or uses it in the wrong context and you're a millionaire.

College ball has some great ones too. Steve Lavin is hilarious without trying to be, Rick Majerus and Bill Raftery (with the best interjections such as "lingerie on the deck!" and "with the little kiiiiiiiissss"), then Jay Bilas and Rick Majerus go back and forth between being serious but they don't cockblock the comedic momentum like Magic Johnson and Mike Breen always do. There's also Doug Gottlieb who is quick to make fun of himself.

Here's Lavin and Rick Majerus talking about Uconn and Rudy Gay, and Majerus has a slip of tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqJ_8lUsYs0
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:18 AM   #21
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovetd
So who do you like then?

And he might over talk at some points...but he knows the game WELL and knows about every SINGLE player/coach in the whole league. He has personality and gets you in the game even if its a blowout. He makes the games so much more interesting than 80% of the brodcasters.

There's so many different announcers now, especially with NBA TV carrying games now, and all the network swaps (IE ESPN broadcasting some games, Fox Sports, ABC. Used to be TBS/TNT/NBC and that was pretty much it, except local), I really couldn't come up with a list.

I like Mike Tirico, even though he's never really been a lead. Steve Kerr and Marv Alberts are ok. Doug Collins is great. I also kind've like Reggie Miller.

Mark Jackson is a complete moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Dude...

You don't honestly think some of that wasn't the least bit staged? Or not exactly staged, but the producers MUST have told them to go back and forth like that. Something. I just can't imagine that was all just from two personalities clashing. Not with that much... whatever the hell they used to do. And Snapper did his fair share of baiting as well, he was actually always the one who would call Bill out. Not all Bill's fault that you didn't like the routine.

Snapper seemed pretty pissed on more than one occasion, especially towards the end of their teaming up. And if it was part of the program, then why is Snapper doing local somewhere now, and Bill is still in the game? Snapper was a good broadcaster.

Irregardless, I didn't find that entertaining. And I don't watch Jerry Springer, or WWE, either, so I can see why I wouldn't find Bill Walton amusing.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #22
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
And I don't watch Jerry Springer, or WWE, either,
Wow, time to stop talking to you...
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 AM   #23
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

hes become kind of annoying
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #24
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Bill Walton did not talk so much, he'd probably be interesting. He just does not know when to shut up.

True story: He was a guest (paid) a company my friend works for (a major computer company), a few years back at their annual meeting. He was allotted something like 30 minutes to do present and it had a motivational theme as you might imagine for such a venue. Anyway, he kept talking and talking and talking, and literally, they had to pull him off the stage. He went like almost a half hour over and probably could have talked for another three hours.

Amazing!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #25
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

He has great knowledge but yeah he talks too much at times.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #26
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lebron23 of commentating. you don't wanna hear it but you gotta watch the game.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 AM   #27
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i like walton

perhaps the most entertaining color man that i could remember and one of the few that make me laugh

i suspect that his topics are not off the cuff. there is probably a producer that helps him develop what areas of various players to comment on

i am sure that he practices his one liners

but he still cracks me up--- and i dont feel the need to agree with 100% of what he says

i prefer the color commentor to be.... colorful

walton is the best

(actually marques johnson when he worked with the sonics wasnt bad himself)
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 AM   #28
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
whats with the new font?

Now THAT'S ironic.

WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:09 AM   #29
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

chick hearn is the best announcer of all time.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:43 AM   #30
dawsey6
/thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz12
LMAO... I don't think he's that good but I love his Waltonisms...

"Is there a better shot blocker than Vlade Divac?"
"Where would the Clippers be without Sean Rooks?"
“Danny Ferry is just a tremendous player...”
"He's everywhere! Rebounds, assists... Shawn Bradley is looking like Hakeem Olajuwon!"
"What a pathetic play from a pathetic human being."
"that NBA legend from UCLA Dan Gadzuric"
"Coach Wooden the greatest human being ever..."

ect ect ect... :)

"Throw it DOWN, big man!"
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: