Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Valiant Valor
Banned

Default What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '92?

Subtract Prince, Miller and Chandler for Boozer, Allen and O'Neal, are we in the same ballpark?

Those two give the current Team USA the necessary bulk in order to match-up with the '92 team. Plus, with one more year's experience, I think Deron will play an influential role at the point position. If the C and PG positions become just a tad more solidified, I truly believe this current team can give that omni-present '92 team a very, very, very strong run for their money.

Let's get to the breaking this down, how bout we!!!
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
Valiant Valor
Banned

Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '92?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
Absolutely nothing, so they shouldn't try because they can't magically become as good as MJ, Bird and Magic.
C'mon man, stop drinking the nostalgic kool-aid.

Kobe at 28, LeBron at 22, Melo at 22 > Jordan at 30, Magic at 31 and retired, and Bird with a bad back

Now please, can we have an informed conversation without people automatically dismissing the players of this current generation?
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '92?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
Subtract Prince, Miller and Chandler for Boozer, Allen and O'Neal, are we in the same ballpark?

Who exactally is going to guard David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and Charles Barkley?

This current US team is so weak up front. Boozer and O'Neal are average man to man defenders. I'd rather keep Chandler on the current team over O'Neal.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
kumquat
College superstar

Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
C'mon man, stop drinking the nostalgic kool-aid.

Kobe at 28, LeBron at 22, Melo at 22 > Jordan at 30, Magic at 31 and retired, and Bird with a bad back

Now please, can we have an informed conversation without people automatically dismissing the players of this current generation?

i'll give you bird, but i'd take old ass jordan, magic over kobe, lebron any day of the week in my team.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #6
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
Absolutely nothing, so they shouldn't try because they can't magically become as good as MJ, Bird and Magic.

Why do people always mention Magic and Bird as if they were in their primes when they played for the '92 team. Mention Jordan, mention Barkley, mention Malone... but don't mention Magic and Larry... Larry was 35 years old and had only played 45 games the previous season because of injury... Magic had already retired for goodness sakes... Why do people continuously put down today's players in favor of past players... even when those past players are 35...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

because people are idiots!! seriously there up 2 number like 66 on that nba top 100 list and lebron isnt even there and kobe didnt get there till number 24. people always put older players infront of younger players because there retards.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #8
Seņor Cedric
why live??

There's a large drop off in terms of talent with the current team too, when you look past the big 3 (Kobe, Bron, Melo).

Christian Laetneer and Larry Bird where the only guys that were not i nthe same league as the rest of the team.

And in the initial post, the OP suggests 3 additions to the team to "better" the team. Well I pose this, what if Shaquille O'Neal was added instead of Laetneer to the Dream Team?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #9
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

When three of the current USA team become top 5 players of all time, and when Duncan actually wants to play in the FIBA tourny and learns FIBA rules. And when you've got a all-star SG coming off the bench as a 10th man or something.
brantonli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #10
allball
National High School Star

Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '9

Magic was still in fine form in 92. he was only 32 years old. Magic never was an overly athletic guy so his game hadn't changed much and Jordan was enroute to a few more ships. I love Lebron and Kobe but Magic and Jordan get this one.

as for what this team can do to be mentioned with Dream Team, not much. Too many iconic legends.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #11
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

because no one is good enough these days to be mentioned in a sentence with mj or magic according to the world.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
because no one is good enough these days to be mentioned in a sentence with mj or magic according to the world.

Those two guys would dominate todays league. Pull your head out of the sand.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Those two guys would dominate todays league. Pull your head out of the sand.

I don't know Ced... I think Magic is one of the top 5 players to ever play the game, but the Magic of '92, at the age of 32, coming out of retirement due to HIV would not dominate today's league. He's be a good player... but dominate is too strong a word in my opinion.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #15
EricForman
Good college starter

can we please wait until team usa wins something before the clowns jump on bandwagons and start declaring them the greatest team of all time?

and for the record prime jordan, pip, barkley, stockton, malone would more than hold their own against anyone on this current dream team... why the hell are clowns acting like this team somehow has an edge? An edge in what?
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: