Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #31
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
but dis teem has LEBRONZE!

Music career

In 2007 LeBron James collaborated and helped release an album with Young Buck and Whoo Kid. He is featured in many of the skits, preludes and interludes. He does not rap though. The album is called G-Unit Radio 24: Clean Up Man.

Lebron James is doing an excellent job as a key player for the team USA beside his outside jumpers is improving every game. He also one of the best defender in this team and in the 1st three games he was passive enough to pass the ball to his teammates showing that he is definitely one of the most unselfish player in the NBA.

Lebron James ( Tournament Stats)

12.5 PPG
4.3 APG
2.0 SPG
3.5 RPG
67 % FG Percentage ( 78.3 % 2 pt. FG while hitting 50 % from the 3 pt.line)
20 MPG ( Minutes Per Game)

That is what you call an all around game for an NBA All Star.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-27-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #32
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation
Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
Jordan is Jordan... but significantly better then kobe?

significant is describing the difference between Duncan and Juwan Howard.

there's no significant difference between Jordan and Kobe. Jordan is better, but throw in Melo, Bron, Kidd and you got an incredible perimeter of hall of famers. And dont forget Wade is still out. This current USA Squad is as sick as it can get without having Shaq/KG/ Duncan.

I guess we have different definition to "significantly better" then. To me, Duncan isn't "significant better" than Howard. But "it's not even close. there is a huge gap". Is how Iw ould describe it. Significantly better would be how I use to descibe the difference between Kobe and Michael Redd. Kobe is above Michael Redd the way Jordan is above him. There is a gap, not huge.... but enough that it's there.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #33
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly the 1996 would beat them both...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #34
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Current Team USA is not as good as the Dream Team of '92.

There... same breath. try it.

But seriously this is a damn good team. they're not thar far off.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #35
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '92?

There is nothing this team can do - at present - to be compared to the Dream team. Though Brid and Magic were well-past their primes, the rpesence of Bird and Magic along with MJ - 3 of the consensus top 10 players of all-time - made that team special. also, EVERY significant american NBA player (aside from Isiah) was on that team. This team lacks Duncan, Garnett and Shaq. It wasn't just the quality of play, it was the stature of player pulled together for the first time.

Now, can this team beat the Dream Team in one game - sure why not. The difference between the best NBA player in the world and the worst is actually really really small. Any 12 NBA players can beat any other band of 12.

..but compared favorably with - just isn't going ot happen -- unless 3 of LeB, Howard, Kobe, Kidd enter the top 10.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #36
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: What can Team USA do in order to be mentioned them in the breath as Dream Team '92?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
Excuse me. I guess it makes much more sense to compare a team that hasn't done anything but win an America's tournament to the best team ever. Most of the players on this team already played for a team USA and lost, that is won the bronze, some of them twice like Melo, LeBron and Wade. And you compare them to the greatest ever.

Again, Bird wasn't one of the greatest ever when he was 35... having trouble playing more than half a season due to his back. He was still good, but in 1992, he was no longer playing like one of "the greatest ever." That was the point I made... I thought I made it clearly... Apparently, I didn't.

Quote:
And your comment that Magic wouldn't dominate shows how much you know. Magic came back to the NBA in 95-96 at the age of 36 after not playing a single minute for 5 years and averaged 15, 6 & 7 in 30 minutes.

I'm glad you brought this up... I was waiting to see if anyone would do so... You forgot to mention that Magic only played 32 games that season... and if you consider his performance that year "domination," I don't know what to say to you. As it stands, in 1992, Magic wasn't playing like one of "the greatest ever" either.

Quote:
The only position this team could be compared to the 92 is the SG, even though MJ owns every 2 on the current team. The 92 dream team slaughters the current team on every other position. Especially the big men (and Charles Barkley). Maybe you should wait for them to actually win the gold instead of acting as if they already won. They were blowing teams away at the 06 championships until they ran into Greece.

I'm not even comparing the teams... I'm looking at Magic and Larry supposedly playing the greatest basketball ever at 32 and 35... Lets just admit that when people think of those two, they think of them in their primes, not at the level they were actually playing at in 1992. I should have let this go a little more and see if people brought up their stats from their primes.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #37
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I'm not even comparing the teams... I'm looking at Magic and Larry supposedly playing the greatest basketball ever at 32 and 35... Lets just admit that when people think of those two, they think of them in their primes, not at the level they were actually playing at in 1992. I should have let this go a little more and see if people brought up their stats from their primes.

The comparison is if Shaq joined this team. he wouldn't add anything- in fact, he'd probably take away valuable Chandler minutes...but he'd still add to the greatnessof this squad. Dream Team's appeal was that it had all the established great players of the best decade of the sport together. To make a comparable team, you NEED Shaq, Duncan and Garnett on this team...and even then, you need one of the guys to become a top 5 player all-time.

That is really tough.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #38
andredagiant
Decent playground baller

andredagiant has decent reputation

If they beat their opponents by an average of 50+ points, then, only then, can they be mentioned in the same breath as the original and only DREAM TEAM!
andredagiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #39
Hoopaholic33
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hoopaholic33 has an OK reputation so far

It won't happen, no matter what they do. The 1992 team was the first, and like your first girlfriend, first concert, first whatever, there is a certain fondness, no matter how illogical it may be, for that time, place, person, etc.

Some good stuff on Team USA in this blog. Last week it said that Kobe is clearly playing harder (and is in better shape) for Coach K than for Phil Jackson.

http://mediazonebasketball.wordpress.com/
Hoopaholic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #40
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe this isn't that big of a deal, but

Jordan just won his third of of 5 MVPs that year (and the second of back to back), so to mention his age is rediculous. He was at his absolute apex at that point. Magic, while ill, had just only just won the second of consecutive MVPs two years prior. Barkley would win the MVP the following seaosn. David Robinson would win his only three years later. Karl Malone would get the first of his two 5 years later.

That's ten MVPs that bracket that summer by five years, and that's disregarding Bird's three completely.

This team doesn't have a single MVP.

It's a really good team, and Kidd is an incredible engine for a team like this, and Kobe is a real live game finisher, but those MVP totals are overwhelming, and pretty much wipe out any notion of youth being a factor. That team still had guys who were not just in their prime, but dominating league.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: