Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default How would Spreewell fit into our team?

Ok so this question is more likely for ****s and giggles, but seriously, say Bernie picks up Spree because he needs to feed his family and accepts to play for a smaller price. He would be a good leader (if his personality didn't interfere) and he's been a good scorer throughout his career.

Discuss...
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

He'll be 36 when the season starts, which is ancient for a a SG who relied so much on slashing. Dude was already creaky during his last year with Min. I would much rather develop even our weakest bench players than mess with him. He would be like Steve Smith when he sat on our bench, except with lots more crazy.

Spree's made no lasting impression in the league--other than NY's playoff run in '99 and some thumbprints on Carlesimo's neck.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by obonpaxis
He'll be 36 when the season starts, which is ancient for a a SG who relied so much on slashing. Dude was already creaky during his last year with Min. I would much rather develop even our weakest bench players than mess with him. He would be like Steve Smith when he sat on our bench, except with lots more crazy.

Spree's made no lasting impression in the league--other than NY's playoff run in '99 and some thumbprints on Carlesimo's neck.

True....why waste money on someone...I would give chance to my younger guys rather then paying huge amount and bringing in Cancer in the locker room
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #4
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

You want to get as much experience together that Felton, Wallace, Morrison, Okafor, May, and Brezec can get together. They shouldn't add any high price free agents and use all of their cap space to try to keep this group of players together so in 5 years they will all be better, but will have played together for the past 5 years.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:47 AM   #5
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

Timmeh I think your opening statement says it all.

I really hope u weren't serious! As said before if we are going to sign any free agents I think they need to be young enough to develop alongside our current roster for a couple of seasons.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
Grand Villain
Banned

Grand Villain has an OK reputation so far

Adding Sprewell doesn't make sense. Bickerstaff's job is to build for the future right now, and not make the Bobcats NBA Champions in the 2006-2007 season. Sprewell at best could only help Charlotte in the short term. Bernire should continue to develop his young talent now, and hope they blossom into something special. If something amazing happens and the Bobcats make the playoffs next year, great! However, we have no business trying to take risk by acquiring players the caliber of Sprewell.

I understand - your question is purely hypothetical, but come on dude, Sprewell?
Grand Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The question was purely hypothetical, and I only used Spree because he was the first halfway decent talent to cross my mind. I would have said Peja but I think he's already signed with someone. It wasn't a serious topic.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #8
obonpaxis
Decent playground baller

obonpaxis has decent reputation

You know who I wish we'd sign? A full-time trainer to stalk Sean May and threaten him with bodily harm everytime he eats a double whopper.
obonpaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:19 PM   #9
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Cancer spreads, but for the right price Charlotte could sign him to a 1 year deal and hope it doesn't turn into an epidemic.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: