Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #31
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nba live!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
What? no live 2000?

who else has live 97? Now that game was fun (or at least what i can remember about it, i was 7 years old so Patrick Ewing was like my god)
I had Live 95. I was young, so for some reason, I always used the Sacramento Kings, but today I'm not a fan of them at all. Oh man I killed everybody with Mitch Richmond... the memories.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #32
grovetd
I brick open layups

grovetd has an OK reputation so far

watch live 08 come out and be better than 2k8 lol

they both have their pros and cons, i rate them the same overall.

graphics-2k
gameplay-2k
excitement,sound,color..etc-live
music-live
features-live

so pretty much 2k focuses on the main pont of making a basketball game, while live tries to hard to appeal to the fans and forget about the fact that its a basketball game, but like i said they both have their pros and cons so ehh...will just have to see if live steps it up on the gameplay this year and if 2k makes the game more appealing.
grovetd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #33
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovetd
watch live 08 come out and be better than 2k8 lol

they both have their pros and cons, i rate them the same overall.

graphics-2k
gameplay-2k
excitement,sound,color..etc-live
music-live
features-live

so pretty much 2k focuses on the main pont of making a basketball game, while live tries to hard to appeal to the fans and forget about the fact that its a basketball game, but like i said they both have their pros and cons so ehh...will just have to see if live steps it up on the gameplay this year and if 2k makes the game more appealing.
Don't forget Association Mode > Dynasty Mode.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #34
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

yeah i really want to break out the old games. in fact if i can get it working, i'll try that tonight.

and my list of nba live games: 97, 00, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07.

unfortunately i never got 05...i remember the one thing i hated about 04 was that i could just sign 2 free agents, and add them onto a deal and pretty much trade theo ratliff for shaq. tim thomas was god in that game though.

and as for the argument above me, dynasty mode is definitely the 3rd most important part of the game after the actual gameplay and graphics. online play isn't that great. i just invite a friend over and play him. usually we end up playing madden anyways cause football video games > basketball videogames.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #35
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
/thread

If you haven't played 2k, you don't know what you're missing. Here:

1. Take your NBA Live 2006 disc, spit on it. Then get a pen and scratch all over the side with the data on it.
2. Break the CD in half.
3. Throw it out the window.
4. Take the game case.
5. Load it with dog ****.
6. Set it on fire.
7. Throw that out your window as well.
8. Go to EBGames.
9. Buy NBA 2k7, or wait a few months for NBA 2k8.
10. Have fun playing an actual video game. Live doesn't deserve the title "video game".

By the way, NBA Live 2005 was easily the best one of them all. The rest suck.

Agreed 100%, NBA Live 2005 is the only Live game i will play.

NBA 2K series ----> (The three team trade option on 2k7 is cool even though it's difficult to get the other teams to accept)
Old 08-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #36
wizardsextreme
Banned

wizardsextreme has an OK reputation so far

This isn't even a discussion. NBA2K trumps Live all around. Live is a joke. That being said, I'm still picking up Live '08. But that's only because Agent Zero is on the cover. I doubt I'll ever play it. But who knows, maybe they'll pick their game up and put out something good.
wizardsextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #37
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
Thats the same thing i wish for. But until they do that im routing for nab live.

You're routing for 'nab' live or should i say nba live, then you're fricking crazy.
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #38
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

NBA Live has been pretty weak recently. What they need to do is put in that superstar mode thing they have in Madden. That would pick the game right up.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #39
matt1016
Kids at the park dunk on me

matt1016 has decent reputation

Quote:
I had Live 95. I was young, so for some reason, I always used the Sacramento Kings, but today I'm not a fan of them at all. Oh man I killed everybody with Mitch Richmond... the memories.

I had Live95 for the Super Nintendo. Awesome game (for its time)

The trade feature only worked for the starting lineups, so the subs for each team were set in stone.
matt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #40
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I buy whatever game looks best to me that year. In '05 it was Live. In '06 and '07 it was 2k. So far in '08 I'm liking Live again, based on what I've seen. Hopefully both games will release a demo.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #41
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Don't forget Association Mode > Dynasty Mode.
lol, yeah.
Whenever I play association mode, LeBron or Kobe usually lead the league in scoring with about 30 ppg.
But when I play Dynasty mode(not very often) anytime that I use the cavs and simulate a season or something. Donyell Marshall ends up leading the league in scoring with like 24.9 ppg. I mean wtf is up with that lol.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #42
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
/thread

If you haven't played 2k, you don't know what you're missing. Here:

1. Take your NBA Live 2006 disc, spit on it. Then get a pen and scratch all over the side with the data on it.
2. Break the CD in half.
3. Throw it out the window.
4. Take the game case.
5. Load it with dog ****.
6. Set it on fire.
7. Throw that out your window as well.
8. Go to EBGames.
9. Buy NBA 2k7, or wait a few months for NBA 2k8.
10. Have fun playing an actual video game. Live doesn't deserve the title "video game".

By the way, NBA Live 2005 was easily the best one of them all. The rest suck.

Or you could save all that energy, just go to EB Games/GameStop, trade in Live for credit towards NBA2K. At least it will serve some purpose.

I've played Live up until '06, then I went and got NBA2K7. It was good and slightly more realistic, but I liked College Hoops 2K7 much better, it just seemed like a deeper and more competitive game to me. Played it all spring and early, then got back into my Dynasty Warriors 5/Samurai Warrior 2 games(got all DW5 and SW2 games). I'll probably get NBA Live 08(I'm a Wiz fan, can't help it) and College Hoops 2K8 when they come out.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #43
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

NBA Live gets too much hate. Its a pretty good game. Its frustrating at times but overall its a good game to play.

And its not like NBA2K is the most realistic game ever made. It has its flaws too.

For one.. I recently made 13 straight pullup threes with Chauncey Billups.. all in the first half. You know that aint happening in a real game.

Madden >>>>> NBA2k >> NBA Live >>>>> Zelda
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #44
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
NBA Live gets too much hate. Its a pretty good game. Its frustrating at times but overall its a good game to play.

And its not like NBA2K is the most realistic game ever made. It has its flaws too.

For one.. I recently made 13 straight pullup threes with Chauncey Billups.. all in the first half. You know that aint happening in a real game.

Madden >>>>> NBA2k >> NBA Live >>>>> Zelda
Any Zelda game kicks Lives a$$.
Rockets(T-mac) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #45
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

haha. probably, but Ive never played it. I cant play RPG games for more then 5 minutes without getting bored.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: