Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #16
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default Re: Is this finally the year that T-Mac and Yao get out of the first round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
I don't know how you can say they don't have a PG when they have 4.....

Quantity does not equal quality

Last edited by 2LeTTeRS KD : 08-28-2007 at 02:52 PM.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #17
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation
Default Re: Is this finally the year that T-Mac and Yao get out of the first round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
I don't know how you can say they don't have a PG when they have 4.....

Given the coaching change and added depth (James, Francis, Butler, Scola), yes, you would certainly think so. If it's not happening with this team and coach, I don't know when it will.

Francis and James are combo guards and Alston isn't a primary playmaker. With TMac and Yao on your team you need a pass first guy at the point. Someone like Williams or Nash... or on a more realistic level, Andre Miller. Guys like Scola and Battier are the perfect fit with Yao and TMac because they know there role and execute, but they are still missing that floor general to take them to the next level.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #18
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If the Rockets don't make it this year, should TMac be traded?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #19
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far

It depends who they face. If they face Dallas, Phoenix, Utah, or Spurs they will lose assuming that everyone is healthy of course.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #20
nba_55
Searching a new team

nba_55 is considered somewhat coolnba_55 is considered somewhat cool

They gonna beat Jazz easily!!!!
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

They better, whoever they are facing.

Almost no excuse would be valid with that roster, despite the opponent.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #22
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

Nah i dont think t-mac will ever get out if he keeps passing to Yao.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:50 AM   #23
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

francis can play the point if he wants to win he is good enough to be a so called "floor general" and if they get bonzi wells interetsed again he can be deadly memba the 06 play offs againest the spurs 17 and 10 he averaged and with tmac shane and yao <<<<<< they will ahve a deadly starting 5 and then having dikembe luther head mike james and a few others willing to be role players i can see CHAMPIONSHIP their wat do the spurs have besides tim duncan that rockets dont?
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #24
sick_brah07

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

if bonzi and francis want to be wta they used to be rockets=champions
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 AM   #25
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
francis can play the point if he wants to win he is good enough to be a so called "floor general" and if they get bonzi wells interetsed again he can be deadly memba the 06 play offs againest the spurs 17 and 10 he averaged and with tmac shane and yao <<<<<< they will ahve a deadly starting 5 and then having dikembe luther head mike james and a few others willing to be role players i can see CHAMPIONSHIP their wat do the spurs have besides tim duncan that rockets dont?

It's funny how people just compare teams on paper, and assume that they're these great teams because they look good. I can throw names around as well, but it doesn't do anything.

When Wells actually played last season, which wasn't often, he was a cancer to the team. He played a minimal roll, and wasn't even a supporting player. He's 30 years of age, which means he's probably beginning to be on the downside of his career, and with a team like this, he will not be a factor.

Steve Francis floor general? For what? For a pathetic team that can't get out out of the first round, maybe. Not for a team that's serious about contending for a championship, though. He hasn't done anything in the past to warrant that 'floor general' thing. He controlled the ball on his previous teams because there was no one else to do it, not because he was great at it.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 AM   #26
Force

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

I don't expect Houston to go out in the first round...I think they have the potential to make the Western Finals....that isn't saying much though, since they've had "potential" for awhile...but this season should be T Mac and Yao's best one together
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:31 AM   #27
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

I love how everyone has us automatically losing to the Jazz. The Jazz exposed us for what we were last season. A two man team, with no size, or depth...guess what........we still took them 7 games.

Not only have we added playmakers and players that can create, but we now have some bigs and one of the deepest teams in the league.

I would love to draw Utah again.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-29-2007 at 03:33 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 AM   #28
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
It's funny how people just compare teams on paper, and assume that they're these great teams because they look good. I can throw names around as well, but it doesn't do anything.

When Wells actually played last season, which wasn't often, he was a cancer to the team. He played a minimal roll, and wasn't even a supporting player. He's 30 years of age, which means he's probably beginning to be on the downside of his career, and with a team like this, he will not be a factor.

Steve Francis floor general? For what? For a pathetic team that can't get out out of the first round, maybe. Not for a team that's serious about contending for a championship, though. He hasn't done anything in the past to warrant that 'floor general' thing. He controlled the ball on his previous teams because there was no one else to do it, not because he was great at it.

Wells was never a cancer for this team.......you might want to go look up the what "team cancer" means

and

Francis is asked to be a spark off the bench.......he's more than capable doing that.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:55 AM   #29
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I see a lot of potential and experience in the Rockets. This should be the year for them.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:16 AM   #30
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

There's no need to go in depth with this. The answer is simple, as long Tree-Sap is the leader of this team, Rockets ain't going nowhere with a content leader.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: