Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 AM   #31
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Is this finally the year that T-Mac and Yao get out of the first round?

If Yao and Tmac can stay healthy, I don't see why not. On paper, the Rockets are the 4th best team in the league behind the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #32
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default Re: Is this finally the year that T-Mac and Yao get out of the first round?

It's precisely because TMac is on your team that you DONT need a traditional, pass-first point guard.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #33
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

In Adelman's system you don't need a traditional pass first point guard, there's going to be easy buckets for everyone, plus Yao, Scola, and McGrady are ALL excellent passers.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-29-2007 at 03:12 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #34
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
If Yao and Tmac can stay healthy, I don't see why not. On paper, the Rockets are the 4th best team in the league behind the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns.

I'd rate them 6th on paper.

Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Jazz...Rockets.

T-Mac has been in the league A LONG time. We know what he does, we know what he does in the playoffs. I see ZERO reason that this year will be any different.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #35
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
I'd rate them 6th on paper.

Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Jazz...Rockets.

T-Mac has been in the league A LONG time. We know what he does, we know what he does in the playoffs. I see ZERO reason that this year will be any different.

Yeah, we know what Tmac does in the playoffs, he goes for 29 & 13 in a game 7 loss. You people that think Tmac doesn't perform in the playoffs need to wake up, his numbers are up there with anybody's. This is the year where he finally has the team and depth to make noise against other good teams in the West.

Its not like Tmac has gone up against crappy teams and choked.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #36
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
They gonna beat Jazz easily!!!!

Heard that last April.

Quote:
You people that think Tmac doesn't perform in the playoffs need to wake up, his numbers are up there with anybody's. This is the year where he finally has the team and depth to make noise against other good teams in the West.

Also heard that last April.

I'm not saying the Jazz provide an insurmountable obstacle against the Rockets, but Utah does have the bonus of knowing that they can win a playoff series against Houston, and they know they can win on the road there. Houston hasn't won in Utah in several years, in the regular or the postseason. The playoffs are about matchups, not what you've got on paper, and for whatever the reason, this Jazz squad seems to have this Rockets squad's number.

I'm not convinced Scola solves your PF problem, and I'm highly skeptical of Francis, James, and the nutbar formerly known as Bonzi Wells. More than any of these players, what will push the Rockets into the later rounds will be how much the longer-tenured Rockets players buy into Rick Adelman's philosophies.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #37
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

It all depends on who they face in the first round. Seeded from 1 to 6 (Dallas, Spurs, Suns, Jazz, Nuggets) I think they will have a tough time facing any of those teams. The only team they have a chance against is IF they face the Lakers in the first round. I can see GS beating them too with their style of play.
SO Rockets fans had better hope they get the 1 seed and face the Lakers, Kings, Hornets or something because I really have no reason to believe they can beat any of those other teams in a 7 game series.
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #38
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Heard that last April.

I'm not saying the Jazz provide an insurmountable obstacle against the Rockets, but Utah does have the bonus of knowing that they can win a playoff series against Houston, and they know they can win on the road there. Houston hasn't won in Utah in several years, in the regular or the postseason. The playoffs are about matchups, not what you've got on paper, and for whatever the reason, this Jazz squad seems to have this Rockets squad's number.

I'm not convinced Scola solves your PF problem, and I'm highly skeptical of Francis, James, and the nutbar formerly known as Bonzi Wells. More than any of these players, what will push the Rockets into the later rounds will be how much the longer-tenured Rockets players buy into Rick Adelman's philosophies.

You know why you heard that last year bud, because it was LAST YEAR. Houston closed every weakness they had last year. Utah won, because Houston's lack of a PF and lack of depth, two areas Houston focussed on.......what the hell did Utah do this summer to counter act that......

Houston also picked up a coach that runs a system that better suits their personel. Houston's spacing is going to be much improved this year, they will space teams out and their sharp shooters, will be deadly this year.

Honestly I don't see Utah that much of a threat, now go ahead and tell me how I said that last year..... Utah fans really forget they caught Yao coming back from injury, Yao clearly wasn't 100% and certainly wasn't playing the MVP form he was playing before the knee injury.

Something else about Yao, every single year YAO gets better, I don't expect that to change this year either. This is the year Yao comes into his own and reaches his full potential.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-29-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #39
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

You do know what they call doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is, right?

Hint: insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
You know why you heard that last year bud, because it was LAST YEAR. Houston closed every weakness they had last year. Utah won, because Houston's lack of a PF and lack of depth, two areas Houston focussed on.......what the hell did Utah do this summer to counter act that......

Houston also pick up a coach that runs a system that better suits their personel. Houston's spacing is going to be much improved this year, they will space teams out and their sharp shooters, will be deadly this year.

Honestly I don't see Utah that much of a threat, now go ahead and tell me how I said that last year.....
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #40
nba_55
Searching a new team

nba_55 is considered somewhat coolnba_55 is considered somewhat cool

Rockets are easily going to make past the 1 round!!!!!!!1
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #41
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
You do know what they call doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is, right?

Hint: insanity

Its not doing the same thing, genius......the Rockets have a totally revamped roster with a different Head coach and different system. The only team thats doing the same thing is Utah, I don't see any improvements they made during the offseason. If your not getting better in this league, your getting worse....plain and simple.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #42
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

How many years have yall Rockets' fans been saying "That was last year, we are for real this year!"?

Quoted your very own post. INSANITY bolded for clarity.

New year, same arguments (more like excuses), same result.

Yall are insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther

Houston also pick up a coach that runs a system that better suits their personel. Houston's spacing is going to be much improved this year, they will space teams out and their sharp shooters, will be deadly this year.

Honestly I don't see Utah that much of a threat, now go ahead and tell me how I said that last year..... Utah fans really forget they caught Yao coming back from injury, Yao clearly wasn't 100% and certainly wasn't playing the MVP form he was playing before the knee injury.

Something else about Yao, every single year YAO gets better, I don't expect that to change this year either. This is the year Yao comes into his own and reaches his full potential.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #43
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Heard that last April.

It's not like the Jazz improved this off season. The might have gotten slightly worse losing Fisher. Also, with people always talking about McGrady's injuries, we're never sure how Boozer will do.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #44
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

See what I did there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
It's not like the Rockets improved this off season. The might have gotten slightly worse losing Howard. Also, with people always talking about Boozer's injuries, we're never sure how T-Mac and Yao will do.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #45
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
How many years have yall Rockets' fans been saying "That was last year, we are for real this year!"?

Quoted your very own post. INSANITY bolded for clarity.

New year, same arguments (more like excuses), same result.

Yall are insane.

Well, in all reality, last year was the first year Rocket fans actually felt optimistic in advancing and this year we have everybody + more returning. The Rockets have something called DEPTH, so its not "insanity"

INSANITY would be some loser that says he doesn't root for a team, (even though he spends the majority of his time on a Bball MB hating on other people's teams) just because he doesn' what to tell people what team that he does root for (I'm guessing LA), because they probably suck......thats insanity........I mean if you want to talk about insanity and all.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-29-2007 at 04:59 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: