Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
marton mofo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default NZ beats Aussie by 20

New Zealand beat Oz a few days back by almost twenty pts. It was the second game of a four match series, which is now tied 1-1. The next two games are in Australia. I think it was NZs biggest ever win over the boomers, and a hell of a good effort after the first games narrow OT lost.
marton mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:07 AM   #2
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default That wasn't basketball it was rugby!!

Not really but close that game was brilliant fun to watch it was just brutal!! was most fun watching Benny Hill shooting over Bogut, and Bogut just getting more and more angry as the game went on. Beautiful
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Hoofa22
I airball my layups

Lightbulb Down count on it happening again

Australia will play a different style in the next match and try to use Bogut less!

Australia 89
New Zealand 83
Hoofa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
vagabond

Proud Kiwi that I am I would have to admit your probably right with the Aussies having home court advantage, and greater depth it is always going to be a tough task for the Tall Blacks to back this victory up but considering the results so far, aus winning in over time and NZ winning by 20 at home you'd be a fool not to think this series is still very much alive and kicking!

Neither side wants to lose as show by the tough contests so far, which adds to the quality of the series.

just looking forward to the next test!!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
The Great Yeti
I airball my layups

Default ...

Another kiwi on this board? damn we're taking over. Theres like what, 4 or 5 of us now!
I think this is one of the most balanced teams weve had yet, with phil, pero, sparky, and other ol heads combined with young hustlers like winitana and bradshaw. I think we might be able to have a good go in the world champs, weve got quite a good pool, but it all depends on how we come out and play. So often we play really well but just let it go in the final minutes. (especially against aussie).
The Great Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:08 AM   #6
vagabond

I must say I was impressed with young bradshaw, I haven't had much chance to see much of him as most of the countries I've lived in the last few years don't often bother shwing NZ basketball games so am limited to catching scores on the net usually. but he looks good, be interesting to see how he goes in his final season at winthrop and a potential draftee.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:21 AM   #7
marton mofo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

good call on the world champs, I think NZ will do well - the core of the team has been together for a few years now. I reckon our young guards should get more playing time because, despite the experience of Henare and Dickel, neither of them can shoot. Anyone know what that other new young guys like? Jeremiah something? Its all good having more up an comers in the US on scholarships, bodes well for future.
Good effort on all the kiwis on this forum, I only stumbled across it recently and was suprised to see so many nzers posting. Anyone from the Manawatu? I need more players for 3 on 3 on weekends.
marton mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:57 AM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Don't judge your team on the Aussie series - our side is going at about 25% and we will still win the series.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:33 AM   #9
The Great Yeti
I airball my layups

Default ....

Quote:
good call on the world champs, I think NZ will do well - the core of the team has been together for a few years now. I reckon our young guards should get more playing time because, despite the experience of Henare and Dickel, neither of them can shoot. Anyone know what that other new young guys like? Jeremiah something? Its all good having more up an comers in the US on scholarships, bodes well for future.
Good effort on all the kiwis on this forum, I only stumbled across it recently and was suprised to see so many nzers posting. Anyone from the Manawatu? I need more players for 3 on 3 on weekends.
Thats true with dickal and henare, but we dont really need them to shoot with penney and phil for starters. Jeremiah trueman is the guy you're talking about. Hes not a guard though, i've played against him quite at few times in national tournaments because he was only a year above me, he played for Nelson. Hes a pretty good player, good rebounder and passer, but he'll probably get pushed around quite a bit for his size.
Im from Auckland so probably not much chance of recruiting me for your games
Old 07-18-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

The thing with those two are they're never on the court at the same time so they only have to hit the occasional jump shot. What we miss is Tait getting to the hoop with his athletism.
We have enough shooters (Jones, Olsen, Pero, Penney), it's our small frontline that has to do the job. I thought we missed Vukona in game three, the team had no energy and got blasted by Baldwin straight after the Haka!
Come on boys, level the series!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #11
The Great Yeti
I airball my layups

Default ...

Quote:
We have enough shooters (Jones, Olsen, Pero, Penney), it's our small frontline that has to do the job. I thought we missed Vukona in game three, the team had no energy and got blasted by Baldwin straight after the Haka!
Come on boys, level the series!
Yeah they did look without energy, especially in the 4th. Baldwin was seriously pissed, wouldn't even talk to his team after the match, but i can't blame him throwing away a 19 pt lead.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:25 AM   #12
vagabond

That was a disapointing finishing, still not sure what the aus boys are spazing out about anyone would think that beaten us in all three by 20 going by what they write on these boards! what time is the 4th test starting?
Old 07-19-2006, 03:55 AM   #13
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

It starts at 7:30pm, Melbourne time.
Listen live here : http://www.elementradio.com.au/AustraliaVNewZealand.asx

Let's go Tall Blacks!!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:00 AM   #14
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

my friend is going to tonights game, aussies will win the series with a win here.........NZ got no chance
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #15
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

thanks for the link, listening to this game is awesome

EDIT: hahah they just answered my email question on the broadcast ^^^^^

i asked about Boguts defense........

Last edited by junwin : 07-19-2006 at 08:06 AM.
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: