Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #31
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: New NBA 2k8 Article (The Game = 80% Complete)

They still look like plastic.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #32
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yet another reason 2k>Live... graphics.

NBA Live 08 vs Real vs NBA 2k8
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #33
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

I love that picture of Lebron James posterizing Kevin Durant, that would be one of the best rivalry in the NBA in the near future.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #34
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

this is a bit off topic but am i the only one that can't play with the sideline camera angle? playing online always sucked because i would change the angle and then the other guy would change it back and that would go on for a while.

i need the camera from the top, over the players so that i can see **** develop.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #35
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Those 2k graphics are DISGUSTING. And I don't mean like "sick" ... I mean they are terrible. Jesus christ, they look like ghosts of slaves in basketball uniforms.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #36
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

just make sure the stats distribution isn't as bad as Live...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 AM   #37
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
this is a bit off topic but am i the only one that can't play with the sideline camera angle? playing online always sucked because i would change the angle and then the other guy would change it back and that would go on for a while.

i need the camera from the top, over the players so that i can see **** develop.
um....

when I change the camera online, his doesn't change.....
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #38
gsw21
I hit open layups

gsw21 has an OK reputation so far

I was really unimpressed with the way the made some stats in 2k7. Sometimes i'd be doing a fantasy draft or whatever and at the top of the list there's a bunch of people i've never even heard of...
gsw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:04 AM   #39
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope they change some of the offseason stuff. Like during the offseason you couldn't do trades because it would say you need 12 people on a roster. Sometimes if I had multiple draft picks, i'd trade them for a higher one, but you can't do that on 2k7 because of the above mentioned error.

Is this coming out on PS2? I'm hoping to get a 360 soon, but I may not.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #40
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I hope they change some of the offseason stuff. Like during the offseason you couldn't do trades because it would say you need 12 people on a roster. Sometimes if I had multiple draft picks, i'd trade them for a higher one, but you can't do that on 2k7 because of the above mentioned error.

yeah, the association needs a lot of work, thats the only think that live has on 2k.
dirk and carter sign with the bobcats for the mle and okafor ends up getting 10mins off the bench.
trading for draft picks is way too easy, you can get a top pick for an old guy with a 75 rating.
and the draft/scouting process sucks. positions are assigned by height and half the players are slow as ****. it would be nice if they showed their college/euro stats and maybe tell us how far they got their team.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #41
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
yeah, the association needs a lot of work, thats the only think that live has on 2k.
dirk and carter sign with the bobcats for the mle and okafor ends up getting 10mins off the bench.
trading for draft picks is way too easy, you can get a top pick for an old guy with a 75 rating.
and the draft/scouting process sucks. positions are assigned by height and half the players are slow as ****. it would be nice if they showed their college/euro stats and maybe tell us how far they got their team.
Argh, I freaking hate that. It makes it so easy to cheat too. You sign a whole bunch of scrubs to get your roster up to 12, then start the season and sign a whole bunch of excellent players cheap.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #42
Jomo23
I hit open layups

Jomo23 has an OK reputation so far

New video trailer of NBA 2k8

http://www.gamespot.com/video/939852...cial-trailer-1
Jomo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #43
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong

Yeah, that's annoying. I hope they fix that. And yes it's coming for PS2.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #44
nerdsunite
Decent playground baller

nerdsunite has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, some of the player stats are way off....
for instance, Josh Smith is unbelievably slow in the game and so is Kevin Martin making them somewhat useless....whereas players like Andray Blatche and Travis Outlaw are beasts and can score at pf as well as Kevin Garnett. I do love the game however but like you lads said the picking up scrubs and trading them for draft picks is a easy way to cheat.....and i only play the game in the Drive camera angle....all others suck to me. Can't wait for the new game......peace
nerdsunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #45
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Anyone else but me always get ripped to shreds by David Wesley? It's some kind of glitch, he always explodes for 30+ against me, so I just decreased all of his stats and put him in the inactive list. He's the only scrub that I can't guard, and he makes unrealistic circus shots; big glitch.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: