Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default FIBA (Canada) Question

This is driving me nuts, and Im hoping someone can help me out. Every website, article, etc; about the tournament says that Canada's victory against Mexico today evened them up to 3-3 for the tournament.

However, Canada has played 7 games now, and has won 4: Uruguay, Virgin Island, Venezuela, Mexico. How can this be?

The only idea I can come up with is that the victory against the dropped teams (Virgin Islands) is discounted for everyone in the 2nd round.

Can anyone confirm this?
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: FIBA (Canada) Question

I swore the first round games weren't even supposed to count, but who knows now. By looking at the standings it does appear one game was thrown out for each team so your theory probably is correct.

Canada will be tied with Brazil for 3rd assuming Argentina beats Brazil tonight. For Canada to remain in third, Brazil has to lose by at least 33 points tonight though.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I heard that any team that you get a win on that is eliminated. That point doesn't count.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I heard that any team that you get a win on that is eliminated. That point doesn't count.

Yes.

If you win against a team that ended up getting eliminated in the preliminary round, those points don't stay with you as you advance.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #5
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Yes.

If you win against a team that ended up getting eliminated in the preliminary round, those points don't stay with you as you advance.

Gay...Canada deservies it anyway the team is crappy put together and Leo is sucking...I wanna see how they could only manage 16 points in teh first half of a game....16 points.......
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

The team isn't crappily put together, it just had a brutal game against a very good team in Argentina.

Here's hoping that Brazil loses to Uruguay today and Canada beats Puerto Rico.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: