Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #31
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: It's Official the bucks signed Yi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
You might recall adamcz (the same guy who so annoyingly added names to the "How many poster by NBA team" thread) that it was I who had to copy'n'paste the CBA section for you weeks back. To hammer home that the bucks has plenty of power over Yi, when you where getting a bit hysterical.
You're confused. I've had good knowledge of the CBA for years now (mostly because one of the true experts on the subject posts regularly on another Bucks board), and you misread something of mine and thought you were correcting something I never said. No big deal.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #32
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

These are the same kind of people who thinks that Yao Ming will become the biggest bust in the history of the NBA.

We all have seen Yi Jianlian played the guy have a decent performance in the NBA Summer League despite the fact that their coach is so overrated. He also brings his A- Game againts Dirk Nowitski a couple of weeks ago. He has a decent performance againts Slovenia, Latvia and former power house Serbia.

He is a legit 7 footer than can run the floor very well, have a decent outside shooting and an above average defender.

If Yi Jianlian became an all star 2-3 yrs. from now i would not be surprised because he is surely the 3rd best talent in this years NBA Draft.

I think it is basically a good move that the Bucks finally sign him a contract because we all know that Charlie Villanueva is an injury prone type of player.

I guess Yi will probably earn decent minutes in the NBA averaging 22-26 MPG, his rookie numbers are 13.6 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 1.5 APG and 1.1 BPG.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-29-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:59 AM   #33
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

But will he be better then LeBron?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
This are the same kind of people who thinks that Yao Ming will become the biggests bust in the history of the NBA.

We all have seen Yi Jianlian played the guy have a decent perfomance in the NBA Summer League despite the fact that their coach is so overrated. He also bring his A- Game againts Dirk Nowitzki a couple of weeks ago. He have a decent perfomance againts Slovenia, Latvia and former power house serbia.

He is a legit 7 footer than can run the floor very well, have a decent outside shooting and an above average defender. If Yi Jianlian became an all star 2-3 yrs. from now i would not be suprise because he is surely the 3rd best talent in this years NBA Draft.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #34
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Good for the Bucks. I really wanted him to play where he was meant to. Now he is just another rookie, and if he busts or goes for ROY remains to be seen -as any other rook-.

I'm just hoping this kid was worth all the freakin drama.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:13 AM   #35
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
You're confused. I've had good knowledge of the CBA for years now (mostly because one of the true experts on the subject posts regularly on another Bucks board), and you misread something of mine and thought you were correcting something I never said. No big deal.

I may have been a bit harsh I admit....

I should have said that I was sorry for the Bucks miserable season last year, hope they rebound, hope Yi plays well....but still think Yi will be a bust!
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #36
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
I may have been a bit harsh I admit....

I should have said that I was sorry for the Bucks miserable season last year, hope they rebound, hope Yi plays well....but still think Yi will be a bust!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #37
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Well atleast they finally signed him.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #38
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Congratulations to both Yi and the Bucks. The entire world rejoices.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #39
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

And as Lebron23 pointed out, most people out there will be wanting Yi to fail, just like they wanted Yao Ming to fail...but I know he's going to prove his critics wrong in a big way.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #40
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Still doesn't excuse drafting him. Im still sure there will be some urging to look for a trade behind the scenes, and even if not it put a negative light on the franchise and Yi. And now fans are gonna hold him under an even bright spotlight, and he'll have to contribute earlier.

Its just never exactly bright to bring in an "employee" that doesn't want to be there. Especially a project like player as I think Yi is. I don't think it will work out
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 AM   #41
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

well Yi's marketability

nobody cares for anybody or anything in Milwaukee,he should've gone to the Clippers
its a shame the Bucks would keep him when they already have Charlie V at PF,they should've traded Yi because they dont need him
i feel sorry for the mistake he has made in coming to Milwaukee
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #42
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Still doesn't excuse drafting him. Im still sure there will be some urging to look for a trade behind the scenes, and even if not it put a negative light on the franchise and Yi. And now fans are gonna hold him under an even bright spotlight, and he'll have to contribute earlier.

Its just never exactly bright to bring in an "employee" that doesn't want to be there. Especially a project like player as I think Yi is. I don't think it will work out
He heldout

the microscope on him will be huge,when he puts up 9pts/6 reb his first year and 11/8 his second year the bust talk will begin
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #43
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

"rimmer" is quoting Lebron23

Mark him down.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #44
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
I doubt any of them will admit they were wrong.
Quote:
Still doesn't excuse drafting him.
I can see the future!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #45
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
There was an awful lot of "Bucks fans need to understand that he will never sign there" coming from people who haven't followed the story very closely, but think they were born experts on the subject. I doubt any of them will admit they were wrong, and apologize for their condescending language.

First off, I don't remember anybody saying, "he will never sign there". What we said was, his people don't want him playing there, and that his development will be a lot harder in Milwaukee if he isn't comfortable there.

And I've seen no evidence that proves otherwise, even after his signing.

This kid's going to have a hard enough time adapting to the US way of life, learning english, learning NBA style basketball, and now he has to do it in a city where his "handlers" didn't feel would give him the best opportunity.

Quote:

Exactly. It was still a stupid pick. You don't draft people who publically make it known that they aren't interested in playing for you. You don't try to trade for people who make it known they don't want to play for you.

It creates dissent, it causes bad team chemistry, it makes the organization look bad in the long run.

Now he's got way more pressure than he did originally because of all the negative publicity over him holding out. But the thing is, how is it his fault he held out, when he told the Bucks he was going to before they even tried to draft him?

Hell, just using ISH as an example... Half the board hated this kid for holding out before they even knew anything about him.

Quote:
I can see the future!

No, you just choose to interpret events to make yourself look better.

It was still a dumb pick. You guys gambled hardcore and now that Yi has been bullied into signing, you're standing here gloating. But you're not even out of the gate yet. He still hasn't set foot on an NBA court.

And supposing he does pan out. Now what do you do with Charlie V? I still think B. Wright was the right pick, assuming he can play SF as advertised. That or trading Yi.

I personally hope he does extremely well. I think he's a hell of a player. I don't think I've ever not said that. But I totally supported his right to a hold out, and I stand by it now. In the long run he obviously felt it was better for him to just sign now. Who knows what the future will bring for him.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: