Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #46
Interminator
Banned

Default Re: It's Official the bucks signed Yi

Yi was bullied into signing,it really sheds light onto how money hungry and stupid the Chinese Government is not realizing if he would've forced a trade to a huge market the money they'd make back would be quadruple of what he might get in Milwaukee
When a player's representation says he doesnt want to play there,you dont draft him,they should've found this out back in May or whenever he declared so they could have an idea of who might be their at this pick and try to sign or trade for a Needed position
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #47
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

I hope it works out Adam, I want Yi to be a superstar.

But its just not a good situation when you have a rookie that is still maybe looking to get traded at some point, or in the very least may be looking ahead to when his contract is up and can leave town...before he even plays a game. I fear Buck's fans may turn on him should he not show consistent progress and well consistency period.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #48
Interminator
Banned

^^I had clue there were even Bucks fans,I've only seen one post here

Yi could be a superstar but because of where he is at will hurt him in the longrun,you cant tell me that if Glenn Robinson wasnt with the Lakers he'd be mentioned 3 times more than he is now when it comes to basketball
Old 08-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #49
adamcz
Bucks fan

Yeah, Lebron and KG never get mentioned, and never get any endorsements.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #50
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Yi was bullied into signing,it really sheds light onto how money hungry and stupid the Chinese Government is not realizing if he would've forced a trade to a huge market the money they'd make back would be quadruple of what he might get in Milwaukee
When a player's representation says he doesnt want to play there,you dont draft him,they should've found this out back in May or whenever he declared so they could have an idea of who might be their at this pick and try to sign or trade for a Needed position
Yi was bullied to sign? No one forced him to declare for the freakin draft. He decided to enter the draft, which has its rules to be followed.

You wanted him to choose where to play? He could've waited a couple of years and sign as a FA.

Marketability isn't everything. There are rules to follow, and despite popular belief, basketball is supposed to be a sport.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #51
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I guess Yi will probably earn decent minutes in the NBA averaging 22-26 MPG, his rookie numbers are 13.6 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 1.5 APG and 1.1 BPG.

In only 22-26 minutes per game those numbers would be astounding. Sure he can score the ball, but his rebounding abillity isn't that amazing at this point. A more realistic estimation would be 8.3 ppg, and 3.5 rpg in 22-26 minutes.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #52
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

props to the Bucks for sticking through this and not listening to his demands.

if you draft a player, he's yours.. period.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #53
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Yi was bullied to sign? No one forced him to declare for the freakin draft. He decided to enter the draft, which has its rules to be followed.

You wanted him to choose where to play? He could've waited a couple of years and sign as a FA.

Marketability isn't everything. There are rules to follow, and despite popular belief, basketball is supposed to be a sport.

Sports arent sports anymore there a ****ing business now thats why when a player gets caight with guns or fights dogs he gets cut even if he is a top player because he loses marketability,all sports once used to be a league for the best athletes in the world now its owned by Nike,Addidas,McDonalds and Coca-Cola

When you enter the draft you are available as a selection to all teams but when you tell a certain team DONT DRAFT ME than they shouldn't do it because its common "****in" sense you shouldnt make anyone do something he or she doesnt want to do
Old 08-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #54
final.wrath
Banned

no. if that were the case (you could chose where to go in the draft) the whole draft process would be a sham. the bucks did a great thing by holding on to Yi. you should be thankful to them.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #55
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Yeah, Lebron and KG never get mentioned, and never get any endorsements.
hmmmmmmmmmmm

KG is an All Star,but throughout his career he was always "stuck" in Minnesota but always dont forget that Minneapolis-St.Paul is a not Huge but its a fair market
Who knows how well known he'd be if he started his career in Boston

LeBron is the FACE of the NBA he doesnt count
Old 08-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #56
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
no. if that were the case (you could chose where to go in the draft) the whole draft process would be a sham. the bucks did a great thing by holding on to Yi. you should be thankful to them.
Didnt Eli Manning do it a few years ago in the NFL Draft,didnt JD Drew do it in the MLB draft,didnt John Elway do it in the NFL Draft 2 decades ago,even Steve Francis did it

Only a few players do this and the microscope is huge on them,but I only mentioned 4 so why hasnt every other athlete done this before their drafted

its all on the person and if they want to be Labeled

John Elway did it....HOF
Steve Francis did it.....former All Star
Eli Manning did it......him having 1 bad game brings talk of him being overrated
JD Drew did it.....how many All Star games has he been to?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #57
artificial
:-P

Quote:
Sports arent sports anymore there a ****ing business now thats why when a player gets caight with guns or fights dogs he gets cut even if he is a top player because he loses marketability,all sports once used to be a league for the best athletes in the world now its owned by Nike,Addidas,McDonalds and Coca-Cola

When you enter the draft you are available as a selection to all teams but when you tell a certain team DONT DRAFT ME than they shouldn't do it because its common "****in" sense you shouldnt make anyone do something he or she doesnt want to do
You like to think sports are only a matter of business, I don't. Though I admit you may be right in this capitalist world, I still like to think that sports should be sports, but we can't agree there I guess.

And as for the draft, there are rules for it. You want to enter the draft? Follow the rules. You don't want to be in a certain team? Don't enter it: there are other ways to get to the NBA. Yi wasn't forced to enter the draft -as far as I know- so he wasn't doing something he didn't wanted to. He didn't like the team? Cry me a fuckin river. Greater players have gone to worse teams without complaining. It's a job he's getting paid for, and the baby complaints aren't a priority. He can quit if he doesn't like it, not as if he's being forced to stay in the NBA.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #58
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

The difference between Yi and Yao is that Yao didn't cry and sniffle like a baby when he was drafted. He realized what an opportunity it was to play in the NBA and played like a man. Yi is a baby in a big boy's body.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #59
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
You like to think sports are only a matter of business, I don't. Though I admit you may be right in this capitalist world, I still like to think that sports should be sports, but we can't agree there I guess.

And as for the draft, there are rules for it. You want to enter the draft? Follow the rules. You don't want to be in a certain team? Don't enter it: there are other ways to get to the NBA. Yi wasn't forced to enter the draft -as far as I know- so he wasn't doing something he didn't wanted to. He didn't like the team? Cry me a fuckin river. Greater players have gone to worse teams without complaining. It's a job he's getting paid for, and the baby complaints aren't a priority. He can quit if he doesn't like it, not as if he's being forced to stay in the NBA.
You know damn well Yi was forced to enter the draft last year,the same way they forced Yao to enter the 1999 NBA Draft but he didnt do it

The only sport where it takes to talent to be on the team is in the MLB and Euro soccer
NBA acts like it takes whomever but once a player gets in any hot water unless they are an all-star they'll find their way out of the NBA by the end of the season
you certianly know David Stern is going to crack down Godell-like on the NBA with its integrity being challenged now by cheating ass refs among other distractions
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #60
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

You do realize that baseball is probably the least athletic sport around? Oh, they do have a draft, BTW. They farm prospects for YEARS before calling them up to the majors.

Quote:
You know damn well Yi was forced to enter the draft last year,the same way they forced Yao to enter the 1999 NBA Draft but he didnt do it

The only sport where it takes to talent to be on the team is in the MLB and Euro soccer
NBA acts like it takes whomever but once a player gets in any hot water unless they are an all-star they'll find their way out of the NBA by the end of the season
you certianly know David Stern is going to crack down Godell-like on the NBA with its integrity being challenged now by cheating ass refs among other distractions
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: