Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 PM   #76
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: It's Official the bucks signed Yi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
And you base this on what exactly????

Based on how his style of play will translate to the NBA.

He's not big enough to play on the box, and not quick enough to get to the rim. He's not a good rebounder, and he's a liability on defense at every position. Big guys will push him around, and smaller guys will go right by him.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #77
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

He's not big enough to play on the box, and not quick enough to get to the rim. He's not a good rebounder, and he's a liability on defense at every position. Big guys will push him around, and smaller guys will go right by him.
I have to ask how many times you've seen him play cause from what I've seen he is going to be a face-up PF in the mold of Chris Bosh.

Out-quicks players his size on drives to the hoops. Looks to body up and shoot over smaller players. Doesn't have a consistent post game. Like Bosh, he will struggle when guarded by SF's with bulk who he can't body up.

Will he perform like Bosh? Don't know cause that's up top his work ethic and the quality of the Bucks coaching staff.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #78
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

This thread is tempting me to have an ignore list fiesta, as I just have a hard time valuing the opinions of people who continue to bash the Bucks for picking whom they (and many other GMs) considered one of the best players in the draft. I'm guessing those are the same people who think teams should give in to player demands for trades and buyouts. The players don't run this league, and the beauty of the CBA is that it's set up prevent the inmates from running the asylum. Any GM with a backbone and some smarts can compete under the current bargaining agreement. This situation just proved that the Bucks GM is one of the guys with a backbone.

In fact, welcome to ignore:

Mathius
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #79
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Here's the press conference video:

http://www.56.com/u93/v_MTc4MTY5MTQ.html
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #80
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
This thread is tempting me to have an ignore list fiesta, as I just have a hard time valuing the opinions of people who continue to bash the Bucks for picking whom they (and many other GMs) considered one of the best players in the draft. I'm guessing those are the same people who think teams should give in to player demands for trades and buyouts. The players don't run this league, and the beauty of the CBA is that it's set up prevent the inmates from running the asylum. Any GM with a backbone and some smarts can compete under the current bargaining agreement. This situation just proved that the Bucks GM is one of the guys with a backbone.

In fact, welcome to ignore:

Mathius

Are you serious? You DO know that CBA stands for Collective Bargaining Agreement, right? That's exactly what it IS. An agreement between players association and the employers. (GM's you're babbling about).

Not to mention the fact that the CBA has not a damn thing to do with any of this.

Until the moment Yi signed his contract, he had no legal connection to the NBA. Therefore, he isn't governed by any rules written in the CBA, nor does it apply to anything have anything to do with what we've been talking about.

This is how it works. A player either is entered into the draft, or applies for the draft as an early entry. That players "rights" are drafted by NBA teams. That player then has to sign a contract. If he doesn't sign, he has no connection to the NBA outside of that team, owning his "rights".

He has the right to not play for that team and pursue other options. If he chooses to not play for the team that drafted him, it's his choice, and there isn't a damn thing the NBA can do about it. If the Bucks wanted to trade his rights, they have that option, or they can hold on to them and hope he plays.

THAT is how it works. Nothing to do with the CBA. Nothing to do with any of that garbage you spewed above about GM's running things.

Now if you want to come back down to a place we call Reality, we can talk basketball again.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #81
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Mathius, I've just conceded that the vast majority of posters on ISH do not live in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Are you serious? You DO know that CBA stands for Collective Bargaining Agreement, right? That's exactly what it IS. An agreement between players association and the employers. (GM's you're babbling about).

Not to mention the fact that the CBA has not a damn thing to do with any of this.

Until the moment Yi signed his contract, he had no legal connection to the NBA. Therefore, he isn't governed by any rules written in the CBA, nor does it apply to anything have anything to do with what we've been talking about.

This is how it works. A player either is entered into the draft, or applies for the draft as an early entry. That players "rights" are drafted by NBA teams. That player then has to sign a contract. If he doesn't sign, he has no connection to the NBA outside of that team, owning his "rights".

He has the right to not play for that team and pursue other options. If he chooses to not play for the team that drafted him, it's his choice, and there isn't a damn thing the NBA can do about it. If the Bucks wanted to trade his rights, they have that option, or they can hold on to them and hope he plays.

THAT is how it works. Nothing to do with the CBA. Nothing to do with any of that garbage you spewed above about GM's running things.

Now if you want to come back down to a place we call Reality, we can talk basketball again.

Mathius
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #82
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

And Yao Ming was suppose to be the next Shawn Bradley.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #83
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

I applaud the Bucks for not backing down and giving in to trade requests (notice I did not say demand). I was kinda disapointed on draft night when they took him before the Bulls. I still would rather have him than NOah.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #84
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I give this one a big fat LOL.

Adam takes so much crap from people during the Yi holdouts, and now he serves the crow.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: