Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #31
jasonterry
Banned

jasonterry has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: #1 seed Western Conference 2007-2008 According to ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
The 2006-2007 NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs.

Funny how the champs are getting discredited, yet Dallas and Houston are the teams to beat!

:rollingeyes:

I think it's generally understood that dallas' exit was an abberation. GS played a perfect series just to be able to beat dallas in 6, when dallas was playing awful. The Houston trolling is hilarious though, I must admit, because every year people expect them to win it all and they lose in the 1st round
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #32
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

I could see maybe the Mavs, because they did reach the Finals two years ago and had the best record last year. They also match up really well against the Spurs.

But the Suns?

The Rockets?! Stevie Franchise pushes them over SA, Dallas and Phoenix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
I think it's generally understood that dallas' exit was an abberation. GS played a perfect series just to be able to beat dallas in 6, when dallas was playing awful. The Houston trolling is hilarious though, I must admit, because every year people expect them to win it all and they lose in the 1st round
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #33
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

same as last year imo. maybe flip flop the top 3
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #34
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I could see maybe the Mavs, because they did reach the Finals two years ago and had the best record last year. They also match up really well against the Spurs.

But the Suns?

The Rockets?! Stevie Franchise pushes them over SA, Dallas and Phoenix?

The Suns are a really good regular season team because they just run teams out of the building and it's hard to prepare for their unconventional style when you are playing 4 games a week.
The Rockets are a joke though, I agree. Every year people think they will go all the way (I remember that retard GeeWiz fellatingg Mcgrady and saying Houston would win it all, lol) and they lose, even though they have 2 of the premier players at their respective positions.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #35
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

That kind of logic fails around here man. I try and say that stuff, and immediately get flamed by about 15 people with names varying from TheFranchise3 to YaoTMac#1.

As for the Suns, that's pretty much it. They're not really built for the playoff grind. You can't keep up that run and gun style for an entire 7 game series, where every game is crucial, let alone four 7 game series.

Quote:
The Suns are a really good regular season team because they just run teams out of the building and it's hard to prepare for their unconventional style when you are playing 4 games a week.
The Rockets are a joke though, I agree. Every year people think they will go all the way (I remember that retard GeeWiz fellatingg Mcgrady and saying Houston would win it all, lol) and they lose, even though they have 2 of the premier players at their respective positions.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #36
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i dont believe houston will be top 3, but you have to admit the TEAM is much better then they were before. we have addressed our biggest needs at pg and pf, addressed our depth issue, and imo picked up a better coach. im pretty stoked for this year. until we actually prove something tho, we cant be ranked ahead of phoenix, dallas, or san antonio.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #37
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i dont believe houston will be top 3, but you have to admit the TEAM is much better then they were before. we have addressed our biggest needs at pg and pf, addressed our depth issue, and imo picked up a better coach. im pretty stoked for this year. until we actually prove something tho, we cant be ranked ahead of phoenix, dallas, or san antonio.

yeah Houston is certainly better personnel-wise, but who knows how good they will actually be as a team. they certainly have a better collection of players than dallas, but it remains to be seen if they will have the great chemistry that dallas and san antonio have.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #38
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

I'll take the underdog Jazz for this. I think they've proven their durability and they're still hungry.

Suns and Houston break down throughout the year, Spurs are ancient, and I think Dallas is going to implode.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #39
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
I'll take the underdog Jazz for this. I think they've proven their durability and they're still hungry.

Suns and Houston break down throughout the year, Spurs are ancient, and I think Dallas is going to implode.

why would Dallas implode?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #40
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

You're being an ignorant ass if you don't think the Rockets have improved, besides Stevie & Mike James (regardless of what you think that's a large improvement over Alston), they've added a real PF, and a better head coach. A top three record is unlikely since the competition is so tough, but they're in the discussion.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #41
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
yeah Houston is certainly better personnel-wise, but who knows how good they will actually be as a team. they certainly have a better collection of players than dallas, but it remains to be seen if they will have the great chemistry that dallas and san antonio have.

yeh, like i said, im as excited as any houston fan with what the rockets front office has accomplished. until they play a season together tho, its all just on paper. i believe we deserve the 4 seed right now. san antonio, dallas, and phoenix have not lost any key players and have been better then us the past few years. so until we can prove something on the court, it would be silly to rank us higher then them.

now hopefully come all-star break..we can be legitimately bumped up a few spots
Old 08-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #42
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Phoenix Suns. End thread.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #43
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Mavs.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #44
rezznor
Nosetradamus

suns/dallas will dominate the regular season. come playoff time, its gonna be san antonio.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #45
nba_55
Searching a new team

nba_55 is considered somewhat coolnba_55 is considered somewhat cool

I myself think that Rockets will be 1.
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: