Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #16
grovetd
I brick open layups

grovetd has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who Will Make Their First All-Star Game?

grovetd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #17
DaBull
I brick open layups

DaBull has an OK reputation so far

Emeka Okafor
DaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My east vote goes to Iggy, but for the West i honestly don't think there will be any first time all-stars unless someone like Oden makes it. The positions are just too stacked out west
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #19
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
for the West i honestly don't think there will be any first time all-stars unless someone like Oden makes it. The positions are just too stacked out west

I really think Williams has a legitimate shot as a reserve. Everything will have to go just right, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him as a fifth guard.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #20
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

If Chicago's at the top of the East, I could see 3 Bulls with a decent chance of making their first all-star game. Luol Deng has a legit chance, and has a better shot than their backcourt. I could see Iggy making it too.

If Shaq's injured again, Curry/Okafor/Bargs all have a decent chance as a back-up center.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #21
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmtheshank
If Chicago's at the top of the East, I could see 3 Bulls with a decent chance of making their first all-star game. Luol Deng has a legit chance, and has a better shot than their backcourt. I could see Iggy making it too.

If Shaq's injured again, Curry/Okafor/Bargs all have a decent chance as a back-up center.
What has Bargs done to be put in the same sentence as Curry and Okafor? Oh wait nvm, all the Canadians will probably vote him in no matter how good he does.

And as for my thoughts, in the East, Iquodola, and in the West, Chris Paul.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #22
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
and in the West, Chris Paul.

Just curious, why will Paul beat Williams? They are pretty close to each other, and anyone can argue that one is better than the other, but I think Williams has the upper hand now after the playoffs. What factors do you see that will put CP3 in?
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:34 PM   #23
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
Just curious, why will Paul beat Williams? They are pretty close to each other, and anyone can argue that one is better than the other, but I think Williams has the upper hand now after the playoffs. What factors do you see that will put CP3 in?
Well his team relies on athleticism a lot more imo. That will create more assists and we all know that people love stats. Other than that, I'd just have to say that I think Paul is the better offensive player of the two but that's just basing off what I've seen (and I saw the playoffs with Deron).

Also, it doesn't matter who did better in the playoffs this year, what matters is how good they'll be next year.

Not guaranteeing Paul will get in...just saying he has a decent chance.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #24
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I'd like to see Deron in the All-Star game, along with Boozer.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #25
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
What has Bargs done to be put in the same sentence as Curry and Okafor? Oh wait nvm, all the Canadians will probably vote him in no matter how good he does.

It's not too far of a stretch to say Bargnani is capable of averaging 17/6/1.5. Playing on a winning team with those numbers would allow him to compete for a potential back-up centre spot(Shaq injury) along with Okafor, Curry, and even Nenad if he can stay healthy.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #26
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
Paul has been playing on a slow-paced team with absolutely no shooters. Next year he will have 2 shooters enabling him to have space which we haven't seen him play with before. He will explode next year. I think his offensive arsenal is more versatile than Deron's and his defense is underrated. Deron certainly had a great season and playoffs, but I will pick Paul for next year, not to mention the game is in New Orleans.

I know stats aren't everything but the fact that Deron had 5 points less PER last year suggests he didn't really break ahead.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #27
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
East: Eddy Curry
Agreed, with the lack of Cs it is a very likely possiblity.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #28
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want to see Roy in the all-star game, but I'd be fine with Aldridge or Oden as well.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #29
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

East: Luol Deng i see being picked by the coaches

West: im going to say Kevin Martin as well, i think he's gonna be given the greenlight offensively in sac-town
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #30
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

East: Andrei Iguodala/Luol Deng both will be picked by their coaches as Reserve for the RP Team.

West: Kevin Martin and Deron Williams
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: