Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Default What would you want in return for YI?

Just a curious question I have for Bucks fans... There has been offers by the Lakers and I just wondered if you guys would rather do this instead

Clippers Trade: Corey Maggette, Paul Davis

Bucks Trade: Yi, Dan Gadzuric

Any thoughts?
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Manphibian420
very nice

Default Re: What would you want in return for YI?

That deal could be OK for the Bucks, bringing a solid somewhat young talent and dropping their worst contract, but I think they would want a little more. Doubt they will talk about trading him any time soon anyway. His potential value as a player is much higher than what they would get back in a trade like this. Until he shows a decent amount of that potential on the NBA level no team is likely to make an offer good enough for the Bucks to give up on Yi.

I think the Clipps are in a similar situation with Maggette. With Brand out, he should be the #1 option and post one of his best offensive years. He figures to carry a lot of value by the trade deadline

Last edited by Manphibian420 : 08-29-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
adamcz
Bucks fan

There is no way the Bucks would consider this. Have you been following the news with Yi? The Bucks are excited to have him signed, and are embracing their new Chinese fans. They aren't going to move him for a borderline starter from a bad team.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

The Clippers would have to be pretty stupid to trade Maggette for Yi at this point. What has Yi done to be worth that much?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
adamcz
Bucks fan

Are you on crack? What has the #6 pick done to be worth a bench player from a lottery team? He was #6, that's what. The #5 pick went for Ray Allen, and the #9 pick went for Jason Richardson. The value of #6 is clearly a lot higher than a bench player.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
CAAIDN
High School Starter

A Sushi!!!
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Are you on crack? What has the #6 pick done to be worth a bench player from a lottery team? He was #6, that's what. The #5 pick went for Ray Allen, and the #9 pick went for Jason Richardson. The value of #6 is clearly a lot higher than a bench player.
Um, since when is Corey Maggette a bench player? He is a good, established small forward who averaged 16 points and 9 rebounds last season, and is now the Clips starting SF. And since when are the Clippers a lottery team? They will probably be in the lottery this year, but last season they missed the playoffs by like 1 game, and that was largely because of Shaun Livingston's injury. And since when does a high draft pick automatically equal a star player? It is entirely possible that Yi will be the next Darko Milicic. That's right I said it. And the Brewers suck ass!
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Um, since when is Corey Maggette a bench player?
Since last year when he played 75 games and only started 31 of them. On a lottery team.
Quote:
He is a good, established small forward who averaged 16 points and 9 rebounds last season
Even when you lie about his stats, they aren't all that impressive. Nice try though jerk.
Quote:
And since when are the Clippers a lottery team?
Are you joking or just stupid? They were a lottery team in 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999 and 1998. In other words, 9 out of the past 10 seasons.

You're way out of line thinking that you can discuss basketball.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:09 PM   #9
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

: Since when have the Clippers been a lottery team. Please.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #10
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Since last year when he played 75 games and only started 31 of them. On a lottery team.
Even when you lie about his stats, they aren't all that impressive. Nice try though jerk.
Are you joking or just stupid? They were a lottery team in 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999 and 1998. In other words, 9 out of the past 10 seasons.

You're way out of line thinking that you can discuss basketball.

Ha Yi brings out the fire in adamcz.

Quote:
Since when have the Clippers been a lottery team. Please.

You silly joker, you.

The trade works out great for Los Angeles, and that's it. Corey Maggette would ensure that the Bucks stay in the lottery for years to come. I don't like him too much, and at #6 Yi poses much greater value than Corey Maggette. I guess it works if you can fool yourself into thinking Mo Williams, Michael Redd, Corey Maggette, Charlie Villanueva, and Andrew Bogut is a good starting lineup.

....Okay, so it kinda is, but Yi's a stud-- unlimited potential. Last time they traded a lottery pick I believe it was Dirk Nowitzki. I believe in karma, and I believe it bites Milwaukee in the ass right there.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

I wouldnt trade out Yi, he has alot more to show for the bucks. I think hes the future of the Bucks franchise along with bogut. They bring in alot of fans out of America from china and Australia... something i think the bucks really need right now. GO BUCKS! GO JAZZ!
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
pj24lal

I think the Bucks shouldn't let him go too cheaply (though he still has to prove himself) because even if he barely makes it past average, his following from China will make him an all-star before you know it. And T-Mac's votes come massively from China just because he's on Yao's team. So I'm thinking ^Redd to All-Star with new foreign following. But on a basketball note, I think he has potential but dealing him out soon is silly. Let him show what he can do and then look at trades.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
marny_navis
Banned

Didn't Yao start the All-Star game for the West as a rookie with like 11 ppg? Get Yi a few baskets a game and KG can sit himself on the bench.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #14
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Didn't Yao start the All-Star game for the West as a rookie with like 11 ppg? Get Yi a few baskets a game and KG can sit himself on the bench.
The Yao allstar thing won't happen again.

Chinese fans have been watching the NBA ever since Yao got drafted, so they know who all the star players are now, and are fans of Lebron, KG, Kobe, etc.

Back then they were just voting for the only guy they'd heard of.

Also, Yao won the American vote his rookie year. He was an instant household name because of his freakish height, and the novelty of being the first good Chinese player. People probably voted for him because they were curious, or because they just didn't like Shaq.

I don't think KG should get too worried.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: