Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #136
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

You don't think LeBron is a good leader?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:16 AM   #137
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

I think Lebron's a fine leader, I think Carmelo's a good leader aswell. And just because he doesn't call himself the number 1 leader of Team USA or in every interview since he was drafted say he was a natural born leader, doesn't mean he isn't.

Melo didn't pat himself on the back to the media, when he was a player that was active in trying to get many of the players on Team USA to come this summer (Not just talking about the recent article that says he's the one who got Lebron to participate this summer), there was a article a while back saying he was having an active role.

Most people thought he should've been the singular Captain of last year's World games also.

Point is, who the **** knows who's the better leader? They're not on the same team, or one leading the other in FIBA play. Its an opinion, Im sure you do think Lebron's a great leader. I think he's a good one too, what I don't like is him constantly repeating that he is a leader. I don't think a natural born leader needs to do that, much like 3 of the best leaders in the league (if not THE top 3) Duncan/Kidd/Nash don't do that
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:40 AM   #138
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
It's like this

LeBron-Passing, Rebounding, Leadership

Melo-Shooting, Post Scoring

D is about equal.
It isn't as simple as that. Melo is a better shooter and has better post moves, but LeBron is MUCH better at getting to the rim (maybe the best in the NBA). Also, LeBron is vastly superior on the break (again... possibly the best in the NBA).
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 AM   #139
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Wouldn't go with easily, certainly has a case after the last 2 games, but I and the voters of Yahoo.com think its Melo with Kobe 2nd. I think he's been better than Kobe though.

But he's almost carrying them tonight

IMO,Lebron has been the best all around player on the team from the start.

1a-Lebron for his scoring and all around game

1b-Melo for his scoring

2-Kobe hasn't played as good as the above.Out of the 3 he seems to be the one looking to score 1 on 1 instead of getting his point in the flow like lebron and melo.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:01 AM   #140
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
I think Lebron's a fine leader, I think Carmelo's a good leader aswell. And just because he doesn't call himself the number 1 leader of Team USA or in every interview since he was drafted say he was a natural born leader, doesn't mean he isn't.

Melo didn't pat himself on the back to the media, when he was a player that was active in trying to get many of the players on Team USA to come this summer (Not just talking about the recent article that says he's the one who got Lebron to participate this summer), there was a article a while back saying he was having an active role.

Most people thought he should've been the singular Captain of last year's World games also.

Point is, who the **** knows who's the better leader? They're not on the same team, or one leading the other in FIBA play. Its an opinion, Im sure you do think Lebron's a great leader. I think he's a good one too, what I don't like is him constantly repeating that he is a leader. I don't think a natural born leader needs to do that, much like 3 of the best leaders in the league (if not THE top 3) Duncan/Kidd/Nash don't do that
I actually liked that he stepped up and said that.

Being a leader isn't about being the best player. I was the leader of my h/s team last year. I deff wasn't the best player, but told everyone what to do, where to go. You know kept things under control.

What is so wrong about LeBron stepping up and saying that he is the leader of this team.

It doesn't mean he's going to take the final shot or w/e. It just means he's is going to tell the rookies what's up and keep everything in order. How many times has he called him self the number one leader? lol
Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 AM   #141
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It isn't as simple as that. Melo is a better shooter and has better post moves, but LeBron is MUCH better at getting to the rim (maybe the best in the NBA). Also, LeBron is vastly superior on the break (again... possibly the best in the NBA).
Easy cheetah, you're starting to sound like a gropiee
Old 08-30-2007, 04:15 AM   #142
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
heard Esteban batista is a free agent he also impresses me in this tournament.

Anyway great game for Lebron James that was the best 14 minutes of basketball that i have ever seen in my life. I would have no doubt that Lebron James can score 89 Points in an NBA game the way he is now developing his jumpshoots.

26 Points
11/11 FG's ( FIBA Record)
4 Assists
4/4 ( 3 pt. line)
2 Steals

All Hail King James

Final Score: USA 118-79 URUGUAY, their Starting unit did not play a single minute in the entire 2nd Half.

http://www.2007lasvegas.fibaamericas...t_boxScor.html

Great game for Team USA and tomorrow they will be facing Argentina in the last day of the quarter final round.

The greatest 14 minutes of basketball you have ever seen in your life?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 AM   #143
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Easy cheetah, you're starting to sound like a gropiee
A 'groupiee'? Nope... that would be you and LeBron23.

The things in my post aren't even debatable. Offense isn't nearly as black and white as you insinuated in your original post.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #144
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
IMO,Lebron has been the best all around player on the team from the start.

1a-Lebron for his scoring and all around game

1b-Melo for his scoring

2-Kobe hasn't played as good as the above.Out of the 3 he seems to be the one looking to score 1 on 1 instead of getting his point in the flow like lebron and melo.

I think all of the 3 are showing a good all around game. None are playing as defensive liabilities, Melo's playing out of his normal position and playing good d at the 4, and even better when he's guarding the perimeter. Lebron's playing D, Kobe's pressure D up court along with Kidd or Billups has been amazing for us.

Lebron has had some amazing flashy passes, but all 3 are making some extra passes at times (Kobe comes and he goes in the part of the game). When Melo's on the perimeter he's only taking the jumper if the ball is swung to him when he's wide open and nobody next to him is even more open, or driving it to the paint is pretty much open. His pass off the dribble to Dwight for the dunk was a great no look.

I don't think Lebron has been exactly the team's primary table setter, that's been Kidd. What Lebron does deserve a WHOLE lot of credit for though is the fact that he's let the game come to him, he's had some plays where he's dribbled a bit much, but few and far between. This past game he forced squat, he's taken wide open shots, ran the floor and finished in transition when the defense allows, driven in the lane pretty much only when a dunk or easy layup is all but promised. Taken advantage of the opportunities. I think he and Melo alike have done that.

Don't get where some people like to get the notion that there was like a meeting and Melo won the draw to be top scorer, or that he is like going one on one any more than Lebron. He's been more aggressive to get the ball in the paint off of ball movement and has run the floor well too aswell as shoot brilliantly from 3 when open. Not to mention lead the team in rebounds, so to go along with fine D, top scoring, and top rebounding I'd say that's a good all around game aswell.

And if he continues to play this way, he'll probably win tournament MVP... If things shift a bit the rest of the way and Lebron continues to play the way he has the past 2 games, he could very well win tourny MVP too and that would be just fine with me. But as of now I think its been Melo's to lose as he's been pretty much brilliant each and every game since they've been in LV

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 08-30-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:19 AM   #145
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
A 'groupiee'? Nope... that would be you and LeBron23.

The things in my post aren't even debatable. Offense isn't nearly as black and white as you insinuated in your original post.
I like the cavs, not just lebron. Andy and Dgibb are my fav players but yeah I'm a total groupie. I was just saying you don't have to over defend lebron. I mean he is getting his dues, rightfully so but no need to over do it.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:22 AM   #146
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
I like the cavs, not just lebron. Andy and Dgibb are my fav players but yeah I'm a total groupie. I was just saying you don't have to over defend lebron. I mean he is getting his dues, rightfully so but no need to over do it.
I live just outside of Cleveland. I have been a Cavs, Browns, and Indians fan all of my life. That is hardly the formula for a 'groupiee'.

Your post was flawed and I pointed out why. Is it not true that transition play and getting to the hoop are very important aspects of a players' game or are they not worth mentioning?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 AM   #147
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
I live just outside of Cleveland. I have been a Cavs, Browns, and Indians fan all of my life. That is hardly the formula for a 'groupiee'.

Your post was flawed and I pointed out why. Is it not true that transition play and getting to the hoop are very important aspects of a players' game or are they not worth mentioning?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 AM   #148
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
I actually liked that he stepped up and said that.

Being a leader isn't about being the best player. I was the leader of my h/s team last year. I deff wasn't the best player, but told everyone what to do, where to go. You know kept things under control.

What is so wrong about LeBron stepping up and saying that he is the leader of this team.

It doesn't mean he's going to take the final shot or w/e. It just means he's is going to tell the rookies what's up and keep everything in order. How many times has he called him self the number one leader? lol

How many times has he called himself the number 1 leader? Once to my knowledge. How many times has he said in an interview Im a natural born leader, without being asked anything about leadership... I can't possibly count. Even as a rookie. And its unnecessary... go out and be a professional and do your job... Hell tell guys what to do if need be, but don't all but beat your chest in the media and call yourself a leader all the time.

In this situation, this is a allstar team. I don't care if he's to take the last shot or whatever, its about him being on a team with his peers. Where he was a tri captain last year with Melo (where many only think Lebron was a sympathy vote or forced by Nike or the NBA for captain status as Wade and Melo deserved it, and really Lebron just wasn't that great) and there are reports that the coaches had some problems with Lebron's attitude. And on the team with elder guys like Kobe and Kidd who are 2 alltime great players, and Kidd being maybe the best leader in the league and he declares himself their leader. Had he said A leader of the team, I wouldn't have batted an eye, but he takes it overboard. Just a very cocky thing to say. You think Kobe or Kidd or Melo or damn near anybody on the final roster is looking to Lebron for advice or energy or anything else? It would be a cocky thing for Kidd to say, but atleast it would be true.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 08-30-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:48 AM   #149
Valiant Valor
Banned

Quote:
How many times has he called himself the number 1 leader? Once to my knowledge. How many times has he said in an interview Im a natural born leader, without being asked anything about leadership... I can't possibly count. Even as a rookie. And its unnecessary... go out and be a professional and do your job... Hell tell guys what to do if need be, but don't all but beat your chest in the media and call yourself a leader all the time.

In this situation, this is a allstar team. I don't care if he's to take the last shot or whatever, its about him being on a team with his peers. Where he was a tri captain last year with Melo (where many only think Lebron was a sympathy vote or forced by Nike or the NBA for captain status as Wade and Melo deserved it, and really Lebron just wasn't that great) and there are reports that the coaches had some problems with Lebron's attitude. And on the team with elder guys like Kobe and Kidd who are 2 alltime great players, and Kidd being maybe the best leader in the league and he declares himself their leader. Had he said A leader of the team, I wouldn't have batted an eye, but he takes it overboard. Just a very cocky thing to say. You think Kobe or Kidd or Melo or damn near anybody on the final roster is looking to Lebron for advice or energy or anything else? It would be a cocky thing for Kidd to say, but atleast it would be true.
Dude just give it up.

Even when Carmelo was getting off those first two games, LeBron was the table setter for him. Bring up an accumulative stat sheet for this tourney, and it'll OBVIOUSLY bear LeBron has been the best OVERALL player.

Damn, why even waste your breath with this nonsense?

Matter of fact, since you like to bring up the fact Carmelo is the leading scorer...does he even have privilege to that claim after today's game?

Even if he barely does, what about FG%, assists, steals, and rebounds? Do you even care about these things?
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:55 AM   #150
raid09
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
Dude just give it up.

Even when Carmelo was getting off those first two games, LeBron was the table setter for him. Bring up an accumulative stat sheet for this tourney, and it'll OBVIOUSLY bear LeBron has been the best OVERALL player.

Damn, why even waste your breath with this nonsense?

Matter of fact, since you like to bring up the fact Carmelo is the leading scorer...does he even have privilege to that claim after today's game?

Even if he barely does, what about FG%, assists, steals, and rebounds? Do you even care about these things?

Dude. 3 days ago you were ****ing praising Melo's first 2 games...
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: