Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #151
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,415
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
How many times has he called himself the number 1 leader? Once to my knowledge. How many times has he said in an interview Im a natural born leader, without being asked anything about leadership... I can't possibly count. Even as a rookie. And its unnecessary... go out and be a professional and do your job... Hell tell guys what to do if need be, but don't all but beat your chest in the media and call yourself a leader all the time.

In this situation, this is a allstar team. I don't care if he's to take the last shot or whatever, its about him being on a team with his peers. Where he was a tri captain last year with Melo (where many only think Lebron was a sympathy vote or forced by Nike or the NBA for captain status as Wade and Melo deserved it, and really Lebron just wasn't that great) and there are reports that the coaches had some problems with Lebron's attitude. And on the team with elder guys like Kobe and Kidd who are 2 alltime great players, and Kidd being maybe the best leader in the league and he declares himself their leader. Had he said A leader of the team, I wouldn't have batted an eye, but he takes it overboard. Just a very cocky thing to say. You think Kobe or Kidd or Melo or damn near anybody on the final roster is looking to Lebron for advice or energy or anything else? It would be a cocky thing for Kidd to say, but atleast it would be true.
From everything that I have heard, the coaches have loved the attitude and intensity that LeBron has brought to this team. Also, it is clear when watching the games that these guys love playing with each other. Melo was on his feet cheering when Bron was going off last night.

Who cares what he says in interviews? It is showing on the court just how much his teammates love playing with him. It has been reported by various sources how impressed the coaches are with him.

Yet, because he said something in an interview, you think he is disrespectful to the other players on the team? There are a lot of leaders on this team. LeBron is one of them. Personally, I think it is a good sign that he is not simply deferring to the veterans. I'm sure JKidd thinks he is the leader. Kobe thinks he is the leader. Melo thinks he is the leader.

If you have four or five 'leaders' on the court, I don't see how that can be a bad thing.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:10 AM   #152
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,472
IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Luis Scola said the same thing I have been saying...

Quote:
"The team we played in Japan was a pretty good team, but I think in this kind of tournament, the style of the game is better for Team America because everyone tries to play their way -- fast, one-on-one, running up and down, scoring many points each game -- and that's good for the U.S. team because they like to play that way, they have so much talent and so much athleticism. When we play in Europe, the Olympics or the World Championship, it's a little bit different because European teams play calm 60- or 70-point games, and I think they feel a little bit more uncomfortable with that game.


just remeber dont take to much from these games and dont expect tomorrow to be a walk in the park..Expect a lower scoring game in comparison to the others.. Should be a slower tempo if Argentina, with crisp ball movement that will test the defense in more ways then the other teams.. Positions are gonna mean tommorrow, unless Argentina is just outclassed athletically, I cant tell yet.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 08-30-2007 at 04:13 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #153
Valiant Valor
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 235
Valiant Valor has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Luis Scola said the same thing I have been saying...



just remeber dont take to much from these games and dont expect tomorrow to be a walk in the park..Expect a lower scoring game in comparison to the others.. Should be a slower tempo if Argentina, with crisp ball movement that will test the defense in more ways then the other teams.. Positions are gonna mean tommorrow, unless Argentina is just outclassed athletically, I cant tell yet.
USA beat them by 15 at the Worlds...where's the validity in your argument?

USA beat Brazil by 30, and Argentina had to go to OT to beat the same team. Once again, where's the validity in your argument?
Valiant Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #154
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,415
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Luis Scola said the same thing I have been saying...



just remeber dont take to much from these games and dont expect tomorrow to be a walk in the park..Expect a lower scoring game in comparison to the others.. Should be a slower tempo if Argentina, with crisp ball movement that will test the defense in more ways then the other teams.. Positions are gonna mean tommorrow, unless Argentina is just outclassed athletically, I cant tell yet.
I expect a blowout. This team is light years better than any we have had in the past decade, imo. Remember... we LOST by 20+ points to Puerto Rico in '04. This is a different kind of animal.

Blowout tomorrow... I'm calling it.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:23 AM   #155
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,472
IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
USA beat them by 15 at the Worlds...where's the validity in your argument?

USA beat Brazil by 30, and Argentina had to go to OT to beat the same team. Once again, where's the validity in your argument?

Well because USA beat an uninspired Argentian team once that means they will always beat them...USA will win tommorrow but Argentinas style of play will point out some flaws in team USA...

Well Argentina beat the US when it mattered in the gold medal game...But your right recently USA is money in those Bronze medal games ..

Then when they get every1 back its gonna be a close game...my argument was dont take this seriously for the same reasons Scola said..All the teams we played play like European teams, thats why they dont give us truble..No one has slowed the game down and executed an offense, or even tried to exploit us in the pick and roll all tourney..

I say US by 17-20...they pull away late after a surprisingly close 2 1/2 quarters...

Scola also puts in 20 and 10,
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:16 AM   #156
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,087
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

James’ Hot Shotting Lifts U.S. Team Over Uruguay


King James rises to the challenge of propelling the U.S. Team past Uruguay.

LAS VEGAS, August 30, 2007 (AP) -- LeBron James couldn't miss, not from 3-point range and certainly not while soaring for a series of powerful dunks.
And that was all before halftime.

James was 11-for-11 from the field, making all four of his 3-point attempts, and scored 26 points in the first half Wednesday night to lead the United States to a 118-79 victory over Uruguay in the FIBA Americas tournament.

In a sensational display of speed and power, James raised his tournament-leading shooting percentage to an almost comical 79.7 percent (47-of-59). He is 14-of-20 from 3-point range, a 70 percent mark that also leads the event.

Despite playing only 14 minutes, he fell two points shy of the American record in an Olympic qualifying game shared by Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson.

The Americans will face fellow unbeaten Argentina on Thursday in the final game of the second round. A victory would send the United States into Saturday's semifinals as the No. 1 seed.

That will be the sixth straight night with a game for the Americans, but the easy victory Wednesday allowed them to get some rest. U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski rested his starters for the entire second half, but the Americans still had no problem meeting the 117.5 average they entered the game at.

Anthony missed the whole game with a bruised right heel, an injury that wasn't considered serious. He complained of pain Wednesday morning, though it wasn't known if he was hurt during Tuesday's victory over Puerto Rico. Michael Redd started in his place and scored nine points.

Esteban Batista, who played 70 games for the Atlanta Hawks over the last two seasons, scored 20 points for Uruguay.

Uruguay played even with the United States for the first 5 minutes and trailed by only 12 after a basket by Batista with 7˝ minutes remaining in the first half. The U.S. starters returned less than a minute later, beginning James' highlight reel.

He threw down a dunk about 15 seconds after returning, then added consecutive layups after passes from Jason Kidd 17 seconds apart to push the lead to 43-25 with 5:44 remaining in the half.

When James nailed a 3-pointer with 2:39 left to improve to 10-of-10, 4-of-4 behind the arc, all that seemed missing was a shoulder shrug like Michael Jordan made after hitting all six of his 3-point attempts in the first half of Game 1 of the 1992 NBA finals against Portland.

James capped his half with one more dunk, going high above the rim and viciously throwing the ball down, stopping to look at the crowd for a second after he landed. The Americans led 66-38 at halftime after shooting 63 percent (25-of-40) in the first half.

Amare Stoudemire finished with 19 points and Deron Williams had 14 for the United States. Kobe Bryant and Tayshaun Prince added 13 apiece.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #157
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,615
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
From everything that I have heard, the coaches have loved the attitude and intensity that LeBron has brought to this team. Also, it is clear when watching the games that these guys love playing with each other. Melo was on his feet cheering when Bron was going off last night.

Who cares what he says in interviews? It is showing on the court just how much his teammates love playing with him. It has been reported by various sources how impressed the coaches are with him.

Yet, because he said something in an interview, you think he is disrespectful to the other players on the team? There are a lot of leaders on this team. LeBron is one of them. Personally, I think it is a good sign that he is not simply deferring to the veterans. I'm sure JKidd thinks he is the leader. Kobe thinks he is the leader. Melo thinks he is the leader.

If you have four or five 'leaders' on the court, I don't see how that can be a bad thing.


Lebron's been MUUCH better this tourny compared to last year, and I never said guys wouldn't enjoy playing with him and ofcourse Melo celebrated with him they're great friends. I even doubt anybody on the team heard his little claim of leadership. But its simply a cocky thing to say. I think its a great thing he's not simply deferring to the veterans, but he's not their leader and him saying so is him buying into his own hype or..him trying to create some for himself. It was just an unnecessary thing to say, and it would have been cocky and unnecessary for anybody to say it whether it be Melo/Kobe/or even Kidd. I think its obvious Lebron is one of the leaders of the team, and it would've been obvious had he not made that stupid false declaration. It's like he needs to feed his ego.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #158
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,615
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Valor
Dude just give it up.

Even when Carmelo was getting off those first two games, LeBron was the table setter for him. Bring up an accumulative stat sheet for this tourney, and it'll OBVIOUSLY bear LeBron has been the best OVERALL player.

Damn, why even waste your breath with this nonsense?

Matter of fact, since you like to bring up the fact Carmelo is the leading scorer...does he even have privilege to that claim after today's game?

Even if he barely does, what about FG%, assists, steals, and rebounds? Do you even care about these things?


Carmelo still leads in scoring, he now is only behind Tayshaun in rebounding (as he gets a lot of garbage play) and gets over 2 more than Bron, has more bpg. I still don't get where you come off saying its obvious, basically because you obviously have a biased (I don't know your team as you're a nobody on this board).
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #159
Kujo
National High School Star
 
Kujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,396
Kujo has decent reputation
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Argentina won't have Ginobili, Nocioni, or Hermann. USA beat them at the Worlds when they had all there big guns. Of course the USA will beat them, though I hope Argentina wins :). This "should" be the USA's toughest challenge.

Honestly, I'm not putting to much weight in Team USA's performance in this tournament. They do look much improved, but let see how they do against top countries in the Olympics next year that can shoot the lights out, and play great team basketball (Greece, & Spain come to mind). That will be the true measuring stick.


I will say this, if the USA plays up to their capabilities, they should win the gold next summer.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #160
3stat2
Local High School Star
 
3stat2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,952
3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

For anyone interested, here's a pic of Lebron's dunk:

Say what you will about him, but the guy's a freak
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #161
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,399
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Carmelo still leads in scoring, he now is only behind Tayshaun in rebounding (as he gets a lot of garbage play) and gets over 2 more than Bron, has more bpg. I still don't get where you come off saying its obvious, basically because you obviously have a biased (I don't know your team as you're a nobody on this board).
Its PleezeBelieve.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #162
jaja
Great young streetballer
 
jaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 284
jaja has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Well because USA beat an uninspired Argentian team once that means they will always beat them...USA will win tommorrow but Argentinas style of play will point out some flaws in team USA...

Well Argentina beat the US when it mattered in the gold medal game...But your right recently USA is money in those Bronze medal games ..

Then when they get every1 back its gonna be a close game...my argument was dont take this seriously for the same reasons Scola said..All the teams we played play like European teams, thats why they dont give us truble..No one has slowed the game down and executed an offense, or even tried to exploit us in the pick and roll all tourney..

I say US by 17-20...they pull away late after a surprisingly close 2 1/2 quarters...

Scola also puts in 20 and 10,
SO THE Excuse is that they were uninspired? so was the US team inspiried?
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy