Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 AM   #106
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,026
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Thanks Coach K for taking all of the fun out of this one. LeBron with no minutes in the second half.

That was the best half of basketball I have ever seen in international play. When LeBron gets in a zone, lock the door and close the shutters.

Remember everyone saying that Bron was a cancer to Team USA? Calling him LeBronze? Saying that Collison should be picked over him? That he only joined the team to ride Kobe to a gold?

Seems funny, now...

He has been AMAZING in every game in this tournament. If there was any question who the key piece has been before this game, there shouldn't be now.

Kidd, Kobe, Melo and Bron had all played spectacular... Bron just took it to another level tonight.

Btw... f#ck Coach K.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #107
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,522
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Can't you chumps appreciate all of them. Sad how some of you cant enjoy the camraderie the team is displaying.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 AM   #108
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick
 
Noob Saibot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Netherrealm
Posts: 5,302
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Remember everyone saying that Bron was a cancer to Team USA? Calling him LeBronze? Saying that Collison should be picked over him? That he only joined the team to ride Kobe to a gold?

Seems funny, now...

He has been AMAZING in every game in this tournament. If there was any question who the key piece has been before this game, there shouldn't be now.

either those people don't watch basketball much or they just hating on LeBron like i do Kobe.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 AM   #109
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,026
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Can't you chumps appreciate all of them. Sad how some of you cant enjoy the camraderie the team is displaying.
Don't know if you are referring to me, but I do enjoy all of them. I've been saying so all along. The first and second units have both played excellent basketball in this tournament. I love what I am seeing out there.

However, LeBron's play these first few games has been alarmingly great.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 AM   #110
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator
 
FashionIssues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area, Cali. Posts: 47,568
Posts: 4,879
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

tayshaun going strong
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:35 AM   #111
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Lebron was just unbelievable tonight. Improved his J a lot...the mechanics on it look a lot better.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 AM   #112
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,621
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Carmelo has been playing way better than expected, but saying Carmelo has been the best player on the team isn't a rational human being's thing. Your continuous bashing on LeBron and Wade is nothing new, but it's getting really annoying nowadays.

LeBron >>>>>>> Carmelo


Im not bashing anybody, and saying the team's leading scorer and rebounder hsa been the best player is irrational? **** off. Its not about who's the best player on the team, that's Kobe. Best player in this tourny throughout has been Melo. And its not just my opinion. Like I said, the polls on various popular websites as recent as yesterday have him and Kobe as top 2, Melo edging out. And I can't totally disagree that Lebron's been the best, again...its arguable.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 AM   #113
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,869
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

heard Esteban batista is a free agent he also impresses me in this tournament.

Anyway great game for Lebron James that was the best 14 minutes of basketball that i have ever seen in my life. I would have no doubt that Lebron James can score 89 Points in an NBA game the way he is now developing his jumpshoots.

26 Points
11/11 FG's ( FIBA Record)
4 Assists
4/4 ( 3 pt. line)
2 Steals



All Hail King James

Final Score: USA 118-79 URUGUAY, their Starting unit did not play a single minute in the entire 2nd Half.

http://www.2007lasvegas.fibaamericas...t_boxScor.html


Great game for Team USA and tomorrow they will be facing Argentina in the last day of the quarter final round.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 08-30-2007 at 02:09 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:40 AM   #114
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

The effed up thing is that Esteban kicks azz in international competition but could never get any PT on the Hawks. Which proves my contention that Mike Woodson is the worst coach in the history of the NBA.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 AM   #115
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,026
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Im not bashing anybody, and saying the team's leading scorer and rebounder hsa been the best player is irrational? **** off. Its not about who's the best player on the team, that's Kobe. Best player in this tourny throughout has been Melo. And its not just my opinion. Like I said, the polls on various popular websites as recent as yesterday have him and Kobe as top 2, Melo edging out. And I can't totally disagree that Lebron's been the best, again...its arguable.
If you are saying that LeBron has a legit argument as the best player so far in the tournament, it means that he has been far and away the best player in the tournament.

Your LeBron haating goes back a ways.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 AM   #116
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,884
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I heard Esteban batista is a free agent he also impresses me in this tournament.

Anyway great game for Lebron James that was the best 14 minutes of basketball that i have ever seen in my life. I would have no doubt that Lebron James can score 89 Points in an NBA game the way he is now developing his jumpshoots.
lebron23 give me a quick run down. I am busy with homework and I know I'll just watch the game if I turn it on.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #117
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,026
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
The effed up thing is that Esteban kicks azz in international competition but could never get any PT on the Hawks. Which proves my contention that Mike Woodson is the worst coach in the history of the NBA.
I'm not going to defend Woodson (who would?). But, being successful in international play does not mean success in the NBA. Look at Šarūnas Jasikevičius... unstoppable in FIBA play... just another guy in the NBA.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 AM   #118
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller
 
90sDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 349
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm not going to defend Woodson (who would?). But, being successful in international play does not mean success in the NBA. Look at Šarūnas Jasikevičius... unstoppable in FIBA play... just another guy in the NBA.

very, very true.

But, Batista is a player I can definately respect, the man is about as unathletic as can be, and is yet so scrappy and finds ridiculous ways to score.
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 AM   #119
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,919
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm not going to defend Woodson (who would?). But, being successful in international play does not mean success in the NBA. Look at Šarūnas Jasikevičius... unstoppable in FIBA play... just another guy in the NBA.

I feel you. But he got virtually no minutes last year. Considering that Zaza was hurt and we started Lorenzen freakin Wright he should have gotten some PT. They are also wasting Salim Stoudamire's talent as well. I am convinced that if he played 20-25 mpg he'd score 15ppg easily. His defense is a liability but it isn't like the Hawks were stopping anyone anyway. If Salim played for the Lakers or the Suns he'd be a star.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:51 AM   #120
raid09
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Great game by LeBron, although I was disappointed that Coach K. didn't play him in the second half. I was enjoying watching him just completely dominate.

As for this Carmelo vs. LeBron crap... They both have perfectly valid arguments. Neither one of them has separated themselves from one another as "the best player on Team USA." But, honestly, who gives a ****? Stop complaining and enjoy the games. They are both playing great basketball.

Also, I was a bit disappointed at how well Batista played. It makes me wonder what some of the great European big men like Pau will do to us. It seems we have fixed most of our problems (chemistry, PG play, outside shooting), but this still needs work.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy