Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #121
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
lebron23 give me a quick run down. I am busy with homework and I know I'll just watch the game if I turn it on.

Well another dominating performance for the americans in the 1st half lebron james is hitting some nice jumpers from the outside. All i can say is i want to sleep right now and cherish the success of Lebron James.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #122
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Well another dominating performance for the americans in the 1st half lebron james is hitting some nice jumpers from the outside. All i can say is i want to sleep right now and cherish the success of Lebron James.
Did he have a consistent looking stroke or was he just on fire with that ugly thing of his?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:06 AM   #123
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Did he have a consistent looking stroke or was he just on fire with that ugly thing of his?

His jumpers are pretty decent compare to the one he stroke in he 2007 NBA Finals. Anyway i am a little bit tired now so catch you up later. I think a little bit of consistency and i think we will have another explosive season next year.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:13 AM   #124
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
If you are saying that LeBron has a legit argument as the best player so far in the tournament, it means that he has been far and away the best player in the tournament.

Your LeBron haating goes back a ways.

I far from hate Lebron. I do however, hate some of the overblownLebron hype, and do my best to keep it in check unless deserved. :) And think the whole Lebron/Wade>>>>>Melo crap is ridiculous.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 08-30-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:15 AM   #125
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

LeBron is like kobe + jordan x melo + wade
Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #126
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I far from hate Lebron. I do however, hate some of the overblownLebron hype, and do my best to keep it in check unless deserved. :) And think the whole Lebron/Wade>>>>>Melo crap is ridiculous.

Can you honestly say that you don't think LeBron is better than Melo and that you wouldn't take LeBron before Melo when building a team from scratch (in the NBA, not FIBA).

Cannonball: His elbow is tucked in and he isn't fading nearly as much. It's still a bit ugly, but significantly better.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #127
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Can you honestly say that you don't think LeBron is better than Melo and that you wouldn't take LeBron before Melo when building a team from scratch (in the NBA, not FIBA).

Cannonball: His elbow is tucked in and he isn't fading nearly as much. It's still a bit ugly, but significantly better.
He's a nugz fan.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #128
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Considering all the LeBron ass-kissing going on around here....I'm happy that I skipped his game. As a matter of fact, I'm happy that I skipped the last 2 Team USA games.

p.s. GO ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 AM   #129
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Considering all the LeBron ass-kissing going on around here....I'm happy that I skipped his game. As a matter of fact, I'm happy that I skipped the last 2 Team USA games.

Thank God for College Football!!!
Being totally serious here, have you ever been to a shrink? I'm not kidding, you have this total obsession with Kobe. It isn't healthy.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:35 AM   #130
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
p.s. GO ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!
What is your major malfunction? You are so anti-LeBron that you would root against the US rather than see a team with him on it succeed? Issues...
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:35 AM   #131
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09

Yeah.

Better scorer, much more versatile scorer than Bron and in the NBA doesn't need to dominate the ball to do it, which helps his teammates play their game.

Better positional defender

Can create plays for others while drawing extra coverage in the post (which I think is one of the more underrated parts of his game as I don't think this even playing field that we've seen in this tournament has shown even the tip of his post skill and I think it is what makes up for Lebron or Wade's assists allowing his team to work form the inside out effectively)

Can create plays from the perimeter also, though ofcourse not aswell as Bron ofcourse

Equal if not better rebounder

People like to write Melo off as he hasn't won in the playoffs yet like Bron or Wade, yet he also is in the West and usually gets matched up against maybe the best teams in the league each postseason. Even the Clipps were a great defense that nearly made the WCF in 06 and the Nugz were without their 2nd best player in Kenyon. And write him off because they don't like him for various reasons. And he isn't all that flashy

Stats aren't everything, and I think Melo brings as much to the table as Lebron. Don't At the very least, I don't think its a slam dunk as far as who's better
Old 08-30-2007, 01:40 AM   #132
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

It's like this

LeBron-Passing, Rebounding, Leadership

Melo-Shooting, Post Scoring

D is about equal.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 AM   #133
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
He's a nugz fan.

More so a Melo fan, and I became a Melo fan because I thought he was out performing Lebron in 03-04, and have been misguided as a Lebron ***** (by Melo ******) because I support my beliefs that Melo is one of the great players in the league today and has stuck with his peers.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 AM   #134
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
It's like this

LeBron-Passing, Rebounding, Leadership

Melo-Shooting, Post Scoring

D is about equal.

Leadership? Ya, nothing to argue there because that is a biased opinion

Rebounding is arguable. Melo is a great rebounder. I think if he weren't in a high paced system that forces him (in which both of his coaches have stated) to run down court when shots go up on defense as both swingmen do in Denver, he'd be a 7-8+ rebound guy. Look at his offensive rebounds, a tougher rebound to get than defensive, 2 for his career as a sf. Got 10 in college. Anytime he's been asked to support more in rebounds, he delivers. Like the Spurs took away the Nugz fastbreak opportunities in the playoffs and the Nugz didn't really push the ball as they used to, he got like 9 boards a game in the series. He's supposed to be a rebounder in team USA, and coming into last nights game was their leader in that dept. Melo's a very good and aggressive rebounder, its just really not his job to do so in Denver and the system really harms in that stat also.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 AM   #135
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Any chance Uruguay beats Brazil tomorrow? If so, and Canada beats Puerto Rico like they should....

Canada would get 3rd and beat Argentina in the semis

All-North American Final!!!!
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: