Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-30-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Coach K Possibly Thinking Lakers= Kobe

Krzyzewski, Kobe Share Special Bond
In the LOS ANGELES TIMES, Steve Springer writes “on the court, Kobe Bryant has been a ferocious defender for Mike Krzyzewski in the FIBA Americas Olympic qualifying tournament. Off the court, Krzyzewski is an equally strong defender of Bryant. The bond between player and coach was formed when Bryant considered coming to Duke rather than jumping directly from high school to the pros. It was strengthened when Krzyzewski considered leaving Duke to coach the Lakers after Phil Jackson's departure in 2004.”

You Think Coach K Will Stay At Duke Or Jump On The Ship With Kobe?

I Think If Coach K Won An NBA Championship He Would Be The Best Coach Ever Because He's Proven He Can Win At The Highest Levels With Very Diverse Players i.e. TEAM USA

COURTESY OF NBA.COM NEWS
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
DaBull
I brick open layups

DaBull has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Coach K Possibly Thinking Lakers= Kobe

Coach K will never leave Duke University, the man is a walking God here.
DaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Where would Phil Jackson go? Unless coach K wants to assist the Lakers.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I Think If Coach K Won An NBA Championship He Would Be The Best Coach Ever Because He's Proven He Can Win At The Highest Levels With Very Diverse Players i.e. TEAM USA

sorry, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen at this site.
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he's staying at Duke and it's not even in question.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

He had an opportunity to come to the Lakers 3 years ago and he turned it down. What makes you think he's going to LA now?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

dumbest post of the century, you think it would be a big deal if he won with team U.S.A.? it would just be sad if they dint win with that type of talent. and being a college coach for that long and then supposedly winning one championship as you're saying would not put him over the likes of greg pop, phil jackson etc.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #8
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

If Coach K wins a championship with the current Laker squad I myself will call him the greatest coach of all time.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Coach K would be crazy to leave Duke.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #10
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

There was literally an article today talking about him not regretting leaving, and how he never looks back, and how leaving Duke was too high a price to pay for him to go anywhere, since he loves it so much.

How do dinky little one liners get found by Laker fans, but not gigantic interviews?
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #11
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
There was literally an article today talking about him not regretting leaving, and how he never looks back, and how leaving Duke was too high a price to pay for him to go anywhere, since he loves it so much.

How do dinky little one liners get found by Laker fans, but not gigantic interviews?

They look for things they like and ignore things that aren't necessarily beneficial to them... this particular situation is hilarious because the article you recall concerning Coach K making comments about not leaving is the very same article the thread starter quoted from... literally.

Quote:
'He's easy to coach,' the Duke legend says of the Lakers' superstar. The pair has bonded even more while working with the U.S. team.
By Steve Springer, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
August 30, 2007
LAS VEGAS -- On the court, Kobe Bryant has been a ferocious defender for Mike Krzyzewski in the FIBA Americas Olympic qualifying tournament. Off the court, Krzyzewski is an equally strong defender of Bryant.

The bond between player and coach was formed when Bryant considered coming to Duke rather than jumping directly from high school to the pros. It was strengthened when Krzyzewski considered leaving Duke to coach the Lakers after Phil Jackson's departure in 2004.

While Bryant has been heavily criticized for his meltdown after the NBA season, when he went back and forth on his desire to remain a Laker, Krzyzewski is sympathetic.

"I would always want guys who would want to win," Krzyzewski said. "The fact that he's frustrated because they are not winning at the level he would like, I think that's a good problem. I'm sure the Lakers will work things out. The thing about Kobe is that every thing he does is so public. It's the scrutiny placed on an individual who has won three world championships and is considered the best player in the world. That goes with the territory."

Krzyzewski says he has been there for Bryant behind the scenes.

"It's not so much you give advice," said the coach, "because to give advice, you have to have knowledge of the situation. What you want to do is give support, say, 'I'm behind you. Stay steadfast in what you want to do.' "

The two also spoke when it was Krzyzewski's future that was uncertain.

"When I was considering the Laker situation," Krzyzewski said, "he told me he loved the Laker organization and if that's what I wanted to do, he wanted to work with me. No pressure or anything like that. What came across during that time was his love of L.A. and his love of the Laker organization."

Any second thoughts about turning down the Lakers?

"It was a serious consideration," Krzyzewski said, "but I'm the kind of a person, once I make a decision, I don't look back. I've been married 38 years and I don't write to my old girlfriends. It was an honor and I thank them for giving me that opportunity.

"I'm 60 years old. I'm going to do what I do at Duke and I am not going to coach in the pros. Besides coaching college basketball, I love Duke. I just love the university. It was too much to give up."

Krzyzewski said turning pro was too much for Bryant to give up.

"I don't think he was that close to going to college," Krzyzewski said. "I think it was always on his mind to go to the pros. We kind of knew, if he did go to college, he would come to Duke, but we never really counted on it because he was so good and we knew that he would be a very, very high pick.

"We've developed an even closer relationship now. I really like Kobe a lot. He's easy to coach. He buys into everything. He's doing all the unselfish things, playing hard defensively, not really caring about who scores. It's all about winning.

"He'll do whatever he thinks he needs to do to bring about a championship. He's proven it and he wants to prove it again. There are lot of people who prove it once and never want to do it again. He's uncommon. He wants to prove it over and over again. There is nothing bad about Kobe Bryant."

With Carmelo Anthony, the U.S. team's scoring leader, out with a bruised left heel, LeBron James led the way with 26 points Wednesday in a 118-79 victory over Uruguay. James scored all his points in the first half at Thomas & Mack Center, then sat out the second half.

The victory sets up tonight's showdown against Argentina, both teams unbeaten through seven games. Argentina kept its perfect record intact by beating Brazil, 86-79, in overtime on Wednesday.

Krzyzewski said Anthony was kept on the bench as a "precautionary" measure, but he would play tonight. The U.S. is already guaranteed a spot in Saturday's semifinals.

steve.springer@latimes.com

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=2&cset=true
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
I've been married 38 years and I don't write to my old girlfriends. It was an honor and I thank them for giving me that opportunity.

You thank whom? The Lakers or your old girlfriends?
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
STelfair31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One

dumbest post of the century, you think it would be a big deal if he won with team U.S.A.? it would just be sad if they dint win with that type of talent. and being a college coach for that long and then supposedly winning one championship as you're saying would not put him over the likes of greg pop, phil jackson etc.

no that was an example of what he can do with diverse players and still have the respect that he has at Duke..
Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #14
STelfair31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
sorry, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen at this site.

what you mean?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Where would Phil Jackson go? Unless coach K wants to assist the Lakers.

The retirement home duh.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: